Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

^^^^ This. significant improvement over Sci-Fi and yet was somehow able to keep that clunky charm!!

"someday you and I are gonna end up bloody"
    Amos:
    How about now? I'm free right now.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The Expanse

Yeah, I love his character development, and am interested to see his further evolution as the series progresses. Also the Mars Marine badass that is Bobby.

In two episodes last night, digging season 4.

Drummer is going to be pissed
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

What happened to avrasalas actors acting? That's my only nitpick so far.

Yeah, she was old and too heavy handed to begin with and has not aged well, and her grating voice ......
    Just finished the 4th episode, and I've fallen victim to the curse of knowing the original source material: the jamming way too many events into a a single episode, as in several different books. Made my head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Drummer is going to be pissed
    Sort of a constant state no?
    I enjoy the interaction between her and Ashford.

Avrasalas had tooooo many Fucks to give. Kind of losing its punch with her. She just seems pissed about everything. Other than that, I'm digging the new season. 5 episodes in so far.
    One other critique was I could not understand 3/4ths of what Miller was saying in those brief flashes in the first few eps. I'm assuming what he was mumbling through the distorted sound was important but even after rewinding 3 times I gave up.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

The source material in the book is kinda cryptic as well.

It reaches out 123 times per second. It kills the investigator... Brzbrrz.
    Something like that. But at least you can read the words.

Close captioning maybe?

Well, aside from the book mixing and toxic slugs (FFS) I would put everything else in the plus column. Final episode well set up for next season.

I liked it better than the books because we have some insight on earth, the belt and mars. So season 5/6 dont come "out of the blue" as in the books.
    And the space scenes in orbit were absolutely brilliant. Right up there with gravity. If they managed to make book 4 THAT GOOD on screen i have high hopes for season 5 and 6.

Edit: although I knew what was coming the ending had me gripped. If they don't mess up season 5 and 6, this will be the best Sci fi ever.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 12-18-2019 at 07:21 AM.

only on ep4 s4, i think i like alex & amos the best

wondering how the planet will unfold -- i'd almost prefer miller wasn't involved (but haven't read the books so not sure what that would mean exactly)...it seems like there would be more to figure out without a deus ex machina polestar figure

I read the books a while back. The show has reached the point where I thought the books became less interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Finished the new season last night. Now the LONG wait for MORE!

Good stuff. The intertwining of politics, space, and characters is done so well.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Crushing throught this, Just finished Season 3. What a great series.

Oh my. Season 5 may have trouble with its release. Cas anvar has a serious case of creepy pervert assault stuff going on.

I hope they do nothing for season five, which has finished shooting, and scrap him for season 6 with a recast. Recasting him for 5 will delay the season, but would set an example, which would be okay with me although my fan boy self would find the wait unbearable.

Cutting his character would butcher the series.

Why can't celebs be happy with the pussy they get as celebs and become predator weirdos? Oh well. The Screenshots and variety of allegations make his case pretty compelling. Not quite illegal (in most cases? Lawyer dentists may know...), but beyond cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Oh my. Season 5 may have trouble with its release. Cas anvar has a serious case of creepy pervert assault stuff going on.

I hope they do nothing for season five, which has finished shooting, and scrap him for season 6 with a recast. Recasting him for 5 will delay the season, but would set an example, which would be okay with me although my fan boy self would find the wait unbearable.

Cutting his character would butcher the series.

Why can't celebs be happy with the pussy they get as celebs and become predator weirdos? Oh well. The Screenshots and variety of allegations make his case pretty compelling. Not quite illegal (in most cases? Lawyer dentists may know...), but beyond cringe worthy.
    Don't let it ruin the character for you. First off, remember that these are ACTORS we're talking about. Trying to separate the art from the artist and all that.

Second off, everything I can find mentions sexual "misconduct" with most stories being from flirting to inappropriate touching. I couldn't find anything of an actual "assault" so to speak or anything rapey. I try not to get too stirred up by these sorts of things until more evidence comes out, a la Bill Cosby.

A lot of the stories I read about Anvar being inappropriate honestly didn't seem that bad. Asking chicks up to his hotel room? Who hasn't done that? Especially when he was probably used to girls throwing themselves at him. Now while I've never done it to a stranger, I HAVE smacked a few butts in my time with girls I was close to and have DEFINITELY said things that would be deemed inappropriate these days. MOST of us have. To deny that is modern virtue signalling and denying the past. Would I do that now? Definitely not. For one I'm now married, but I've also grown up. I don't find it "appropriate" behavior any more, but I'd be a liar to say I haven't been a brute here and there in the past. Pretty sure we all have. Not cool, but also not that bad either. Especially when it always mutual, often leading to said women pouncing on me.

Anyway, all that is to say, don't let any of these allegations get in the way of your enjoyment of Season 5. Happy watching!

Season 5 trailer released

Seasons 1-3 were some of the best realistic sci-fi that I have seen.
    4 was a bunched of tired tropes with contrived emergencies encountered merely to heiighten tension.
    Very disappointed with 4 (looked like it had different directors than 1-3).

Trailer for 5 looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Seasons 1-3 were some of the best realistic sci-fi that I have seen.
    4 was a bunched of tired tropes with contrived emergencies encountered merely to heiighten tension.
    Very disappointed with 4 (looked like it had different directors than 1-3).

Trailer for 5 looks good.
    We'll said. And that actor who played the villain was terrible. I didn't finish. Hope it comes back to a high level.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Wooh sick trailer. Season 4 was great on it's own, but more like a western than sci-fi . The source material dictated it. But I have to admit that I think book 4 is one of the weaker books.

Season 5 and 6 will be glorious. Trust me.

Can't wait. I think this is my favorite series.

5days. First reviews are coming in.
    Season six will be the last season. Makes sense considering the 30 year gap after book 6. But still sad.

First 3 episodes are great. I'm really looking forward to the rest.