Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Hats off to JJ Cale, I have a JJ pandora station that plays not a lot other than him.
    But this is one of my original highway songs.

Thought of this one when I was doing barn chores this morning:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I don't share the same appreciation of LF that some hold. I attribute it to being old, just not that old.
    If it moves you, that is all that counts though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I don't share the same appreciation of LF that some hold. I attribute it to being old, just not that old.
    Here you go:

@KQ: Weird-that's the 4th reference to that song I've come across in the past 48 or so hours. I mean it's a pretty decent song but it's 45 years old,

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @KQ: Weird-that's the 4th reference to that song I've come across in the past 48 or so hours. I mean it's a pretty decent song but it's 45 years old,
    It's also in the repetitive-as-fuck hall of fame. It's one of those songs that I like if I haven't heard it in a long time. But if it comes up a few times in a short period it feels endless. Always liked that "echoes from the amplifier" line though.

Pretty much nobody knows that first album but it's fuckin killer, very different from everything that followed, much more country. Give it a shot.

<-I think that playlist has the whole album, not sure. If not, the album is just called "Little Feat" and it's from 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    It's also in the repetitive-as-fuck hall of fame. It's one of those songs that I like if I haven't heard it in a long time. But if it comes up a few times in a short period it feels endless. Always liked that "echoes from the amplifier" line though.
    Yeah it struck me when I heard it mentioned a couple days ago because I hadn't heard it for a long time, but then over and over and it just got weird.

Okay, if we’re going all early Little Feat here, this is one of my favorites off the first album. Killer energy in a short song, kind of a road song, not very country:

Here you go:

MTV's web caught many flies.
    Pretty much nobody knows that first album but it's fuckin killer, very different from everything that followed, much more country. Give it a shot.

<-I think that playlist has the whole album, not sure. If not, the album is just called "Little Feat" and it's from 1971.
    It's not like I am running to change the dial if they come on, I just never gravitated to them. Musicians grab me, repulse me, or somewhere in between.
    Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody. I used to like Queen back in late 70's/early 80's. They were an amazing band that really did great things with amazing songs. But I only bought one album back in like 7th-8th grade which is strange (I have literally bought >1000 albums in various forms). As great as they were, I just never really embraced them.
    I like Queen more than Little Feat and I don't dislike LF.

Nice.

I've always liked this version:

Nice.

I've always liked this version:

It's calling to you (and me). IIRC you and I both have an affinity for "Night Moves" which has nothing to do with highways but is in the same vein as the song that started this thread in that it is about life and moving on. It's a great song so I'll post up the vid:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's calling to you (and me). IIRC you and I both have an affinity for "Night Moves" which has nothing to do with highways but is in the same vein as the song that started this thread in that it is about life and moving on. It's a great song so I'll post up the vid:

Isn't that song about fucking in cars? I'd say that's close enough.

On a related note, how did Bob Seger manage to start recording 80's music in the early 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Funny - I was thinking about this one too. Rumor is after Joan Baez covered it and changed lyrics she didn't understand The Band refused to ever play it again after 1976.

I like Queen more than Little Feat and I don't dislike LF.
    Different strokes. I've always known that Queen was really talented but they just didn't reach me for whatever reason. Little Feat and in particular Lowell George always reached me, I'm on the record here as saying that Lowel George is the musical hero of my life, the number 1 guy of all. And I'm right, for me. But everybody's different obviously.

Yeah "Night Moves" resonates to a particular time and place so it means something to me because of that mainly. My favorite Seger tune: