Replacement for 2015 187cm Bonafides?

Come to the realization that I'm over my Bonafides (which will be making an appearance in Gear Swap soon) and want something slightly softer for the ungodly huge moguls that will soon appear on KT and Granite Chief at Squaw once it stops snowing. Thinking 185cm Enforcers. Any others I should be looking at? Looking for a "hasn't snowed in a while ski" in the 90mm-100mm width that is dampish and can handle hardpack and maybe a few inches of fresh. Me: 5'11" 220lbs and can somewhat drive a ski but am not breaking any speed records.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Blizzard Rustler 10

Enforcer 100’s in a 185 ski closer to a 180 Bonafide. Try the 193. More tip and tail rocker. Not the same high end as a Bonafide but a better all arounder IMO.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

The Fischer Motive 95 sounds like it would fit that bill. Or the Pro Mountain 95.

Assuming you have wider skis for better days, I'd recommend going closer to the 88-90mm side of things. I'd been using 98-100mm skis (including the Bonafide) for a number of years for these conditions, then got a 91mm ski (Black Crows Orbs) and forgot how much better something a bit narrower is both on groomers and bumps.

I own both the 187cm Bonafide OG carbon and a 185cm E100. The E100 are pretty good on groom and honestly great in tight powdery trees. Also the E93 kind of splits the difference in stiffness between the E100 and OG bonafide. The bones charge and are easier in crud but not easier in anything else. With that said the new Bones in 187cm Feel pretty easy compared to the olds one with out really giving anything up.

Good suggestions, keep them coming!

TahoeJ - Yep, do have something for softer all around conditions so your suggestion of going for something narrower is intriguing. How do you like that size of ski for the spring where it's concrete hard in the morning then soft, slushy bumps and crud in the afternoon?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Good suggestions, keep them coming!

TahoeJ - Yep, do have something for softer all around conditions so your suggestion of going for something narrower is intriguing. How do you like that size of ski for the spring where it's concrete hard in the morning then soft, slushy bumps and crud in the afternoon?
    Love them. I've also taken the Orbs out on a days at Mammoth where there's a little of everything, from frozen groomers to preserved powder in the trees and was impressed with how well they did in such varied conditions. Not necessarily recommending this specific ski, I just think the width is very versatile and the 100mm range is overhyped for people who have a quiver anyway. I don't even own a 98-100mm ski anymore. If I need / want to go wider than the 91's I go all the way up to 108mm (and beyond).

Yep, hearing the gist about the waist width.

Guess I just gotta try some skis!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Assuming you have wider skis for better days, I'd recommend going closer to the 88-90mm side of things. I'd been using 98-100mm skis (including the Bonafide) for a number of years for these conditions, then got a 91mm ski (Black Crows Orbs) and forgot how much better something a bit narrower is both on groomers and bumps.
    Like this idea. I've been skiing a mid90s to 100 forever (mantras, Nordicas hell and back ) but have versitile 115+ Praxis Q or GPO as a 2 ski quiver. The H&B (old enforcer shape) is a carvy 100 w the flat tail, and this makes a good 2 ski travel set. But since in using the 100mm as a low tide west or EC ski, something like a Brahma or Enforcer 93 seems to make a lot of sense as the narrower ski. Leaves kind of a big hole in the middle, but I've brought only the Q to SLC when traveling w kids , so this would probably work well

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have older 187 brahmas, and the 2019 187 bonafides. It's more versatile than older 187 bones (i.e. not quite as demanding in a good way), but still a very powerful ski IMO. Your enforcer 100 thought is a good one. I had half a day on the enforcer 185 and it's an easier going and different beast than the 2019 187 bonafide. That easiness comes at a cost in that it gets deflected more.

That said the new iteration of the bonafide is one of my favorite skis to date so I am a fan boy. I haven't been on the 180 bone, but I've heard a few say it's under powered, which is what I felt about the enforcer 100 in a 185...

I'm curious to see what other skis are recommended here. The 16/17 187 Bonafide has been my favorite daily driver to date. Coming from the OG 186 Legend Pros, I haven't found them to be too demanding except in absolute shitfuck conditions. That probably speaks more to my poor form than the construction of the ski, though.

@klauss - it sounds like the 2019s will be a good replacement if I ever kill my current setup.

I am interested in the moment pb&j vs bonafides. Couldn't find it with the search function, I know meter man replaced his Bonafides with Pb&j's and I think he did a write-up in the old moment thread.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Black crows deamon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

The Black Crows Daemon are intriguing and they are getting great reviews but I'm hesitant about the "full rocker" profile, i.e. no camber.

Kind of leaning towards the Nordica Enforcer 93 as it can be had fairly cheaply. Anybody have any time on these? Looks perfect for the hard snow aspect but how are they in bumps? I suck at bumps to begin with so having a stiff unforgiving ski will just amplify the sucktitude, which is what the bonafides do currently.

Ive demoed the 183 deamon twice, my daily driver quiver is 184 Kendos and 190 Explosivs. Ive also had 188 MX 88s and FX94s in the past.

Im 6’4 and 220 with gear on, mostly skiing in plug boots.

The Deamon is wonderful, it carves well, supports my fat ass, even chasing my pal on GS sticks. It also pivots and goes through bumps like nothing I’ve ever skied before. Is it a GS ski? No. Then again nor is a Kendo or MX88, the Deamon is actually less of a compromise than both of those imo. I would pick my GS over anything on a proper icy day, or any other day (resort) the Deamon would be the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Just switched away from bones this season after 6 or so years. Had an early version that I loved- skied the crap out of it and finally replaced with the 2017 version. It was too stiff and hard to work well in the bumps/tight trees (as an FYI, 51... 5'8", 180 lbs - good skier but with old arthritic knees/both ACL's repaired). Demoed about 5-6 skis two weeks ago in Steamboat. Had a little pow, bumps, and hardpack to play around in/on. Tried the Enforcer 100s, QST 99s, Volkyl Mantras and 9 80s, Rustler 10, and the Dynastar Legend x96. Rode the same line, over and over and over... kinda sucked, actually. For what I wanted (quickness in the bumps/trees and hardpack hold) the Dynastars were the easy winner- love these skis. The QSTs and Rustlers were my second choices- but the QSTs had too much tip flap at high speeds and the Rustlers weren't as quick as the legend in the trees. Mantra and Enforcers were too much like my old bones. I should add that I was looking to stay in the mid 90s to low 100s- to find a do-all ski for me- all of these were in the 180 length range. It should also be noted the the Dynastars have a 15 m turn radius in this length- which may not be to your liking.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

^^^ great info! thanks! Like the shape of the Dynastar and based on reviews (yours included) definitely puts it on my radar. Heading to CO in a week so will have to dedicate a day to trying out a bunch of skis.

Anybody skied the Line 94 or Elan Ripstick 96?

I skied the Fischer Ranger 98ti in some "classic" east conditions at Stowe and Sugarbush over Christmas. Loved the ski actually and had a great hold on those "refrozen granular" groomers but didn't love it in the concrete bumps as the 188 skied pretty long in tight bumps. But then again I suck in bumps so maybe no ski is going to fix that.

X2 on the Rustler. I got the 9 this year and am in love. Think I’m going to get the 10 for my son as a do it all east coast ski. I was keeping up with him on a typical “firm” ec day on Sunday and he was on his GS race skis, albeit skiing a little conservatively. They hook up amazingly, pivot well in the woods and ski bumps as much as my knees allow

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    The Black Crows Daemon are intriguing and they are getting great reviews but I'm hesitant about the "full rocker" profile, i.e. no camber.

Kind of leaning towards the Nordica Enforcer 93 as it can be had fairly cheaply. Anybody have any time on these? Looks perfect for the hard snow aspect but how are they in bumps? I suck at bumps to begin with so having a stiff unforgiving ski will just amplify the sucktitude, which is what the bonafides do currently.
    I own some 185cm, mounted -2 back from line. I also own some 187cm OG bona +1.5 line. IMO the only thing the E93 doesnt do as well as the 187cm Bonafide is chargery though variable snow at speed. THe bonafide was always a chore in eastern bumps for me, where as the E93 is basically workable all day, and fun most days. The E93 on your typical groomer is more fun and its doesnt feel soft like my E100 can, They also ski powder remarkable well for 93mm underfoot

E93 in absolutely shitty eastern bumps, the dust is just dust and wasnt really making the skiing better.

E93 is nice wind buff eastern trees

I havent skied on ski I actually like better all around than the E93, and this is coming from a guy who own 10+ pairs of skis.

Prob not the way you’ll go if you want to add a skinnier ski, but a no camber does do very well in bumps - pivots without much edge to hang up, so is pretty damn quick. Most are wider though. My ravens are 104. Daemon narrower at 99 and stiffer I think. Would be great. Reverse camber gets kinda scary on true frozen though... at least for me!

Just got back from the WWSRA NW demo at Mission where the conditions were pretty much "too good" for testing skis in this category. That said, one to put on your radar and keep and eye out for additional reviews, would be the upcoming Liberty Evolve 90 and 100. Very well might be EXACTLY what you are looking for. The new Fischer Rangers (92ti, 99ti, 94fr and 102fr) were also a shit ton of fun. Favorites of both my wife and I. FWIW, I'm exactly the same size as you.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis Rx
    Ha! Actually had this ski! Then went to a Protest because better...

Replacement for 2015 187cm Bonafides?

Took the plunge and went to an Enforcer 100. Found a great deal on one and figured at my weight would make a better all around ski for the spring slush and mank than the 93. But if I’m wrong, somebody will be getting a great deal on one soon. Will report back once I get it on hardish snow.