Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lacrosse 2019

Lacrosse 2019

Welp. Might as well dust this baby off for another year.

Strange first weekend. Orangmen, Hopkins and Duke all get beat. Folks are focusing on the shot clock, but I think there is just so much HS talent - the big programs just can’t vacuum it all up anymore.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Got a random angry text from my lacrosse-nut brother Saturday that college lax was unwatchable now because they don't show the shot clock on screen so you can't tell what's going on, but I haven't seen a game yet this year. But hopefully they fix that, it's an easy fix I'd have to think.

As I do every year I want to rant about lax starting in February just so they can have a Memorial Day tournament, which is stupid imo. Why Memorial Day? They say it's because the kids get out of school then but college baseball goes another month at least and that doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Terps 2-0 but got a scare from Richmond at home - Richmond didn't win a game like 4 years ago. I think you'll see the powers be there at the end of the season but no doubt there's a lot more talent available - it's been obvious that when California and Florida got into it the scene was going to change drastically and that's happening now, the biggest holdup is the scarcity of good coaches and refereees, which is real.

Shame Laxpower went down - that was so stupid. They had a good site, decided to try to monetize it and killed it. There's room for a good lax site out there for sure, Inside Lacrosse sucks.

Should be a fun season, lots of change in the air, it won't be boring.

The way some of these kids play is almost like magic.

A Colgate player scored from about 10 yards out, stick side high - possible the hardest shot I have ever seen. The goalie couldn’t even move his stick 3 inches to save it. Unreal.

It’s funny you mention lax power because I absentmindedly tried to go to the website about three times on Saturday to see what some of the reactions to the games were.

Subscribed for the season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lax sticck.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	600.8 KB 
ID:	269193
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

High Point once again goes elephant hunting and comes out with a W over the wahoos.

Their goalie is unreal.

They're kind of giant killers aren't they? Looking at their schedule it looks like they've already played their hardest games, they could go somewhere. That place is supposed to be pretty awesome as far as the campus, facilities and support, not sure about academically though.

Lacrosse 2019

Loyola pretty well took a whooping stick to Hopkins

Denver beat by Duke barely

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Loyola's off to a good start. Hopkins has issues it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Loyola's off to a good start. Hopkins has issues it seems.
    I don’t think Petro makes it through the season. Carolina, Princeton, Syracuse up next. They could be 0-5.

I have absolutely no way to prove this, but I think early recruiting is starting to take its toll on a few teams. Locking a whole class up by the end of sophomore year is no bueno.

Pat Spencer was massacring Hopkins in the part of the game I saw

https://www.laxsportsnetwork.com/vid...all-vs-hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    I don’t think Petro makes it through the season. Carolina, Princeton, Syracuse up next. They could be 0-5.

I have absolutely no way to prove this, but I think early recruiting is starting to take its toll on a few teams. Locking a whole class up by the end of sophomore year is no bueno.
    I would be amazed if Petro doesn't get through the season but I doubt he'll be back if there aren't major changes.

The early recruiting thing changed significantly in 2017, Now college coaches can't be in touch with kids until the fall of their junior year, so no more of the freshmen/sophomore commits. I do agree that schools paid a price for it and continue to do so, Hop is a prime example imo.

This Saturday is my first as a college lax parent. My wife bought a $900 jacket, dismissing my “layering” advice. The cost of lax does.not.end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMP where is ur boy playing? Congrats on his first season! You raised excellent young men as I have said before best of luck to him and ur family! Enjoy the lax ncaa madness
    always forward but never straight

Union.

Saw Umass practice in February a few years ago when coaching youth lacrosse, and heads were snapping all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why I get “BTN” channel (or what BTN even is?) but just found it today and got to watch #1 Penn State take out O-Hi-O. Looking forward to more lax this year if BTN carries it!

BTN is the Big 10 network, that was a league game so they carried it. I didn't know it was on but found it in the second half and watched the rest of it. PSU is really good, I watched them beat Maryland a few days back.

Big 10 network eh. Sounds good if it gives me more D1 lax!

Yeah PSU looked nasty

yeah all I know is BTN is 610 on DirecTV, sometimes also 611 if they need 2 channels. It's a pretty decent sports channel.

The pipe goal Maryland v Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    The pipe goal Maryland v Virginia
    The ball bounced to midfield and you could hear it hit the post plain as day and those clowns couldn't tell it hit the pipe? wtf

Tillman is the one who beat them though, they're up 5 with 5 to go and he stops the offense to play to preserve the lead instead. So the air goes out of his team and they lose on 6 straight goals.That's genius.

Not sure how anyone could have thought that it was in the goal.

But yeah the stall tactics only work if you can burn off the clock and not give it away. They gave it away a couple times at the critical points.

This Penn-Yale game has been sick. Yale by 1 with :35 to go, Penn ball out of a timeout right now

Penn ties it!!1 18-18 :04 to go

Oh man! Yale almost won with a last-second shot! OT to come

edit: Yale wins it.

How about that NESCAC? Amherst looks nasty (and has had to go through a murderer's row of NESCAC teams to get to the final), and save for a last minute goal by the Salisbury women, the ladies final four would have been an all NESCAC affair. Frickin' go little preppy schools!!

Also: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/s...-lacrosse.html