Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think mission is far better suited to a “flash summit” like this rather than a set date bbi. The weather and snowpack is so variable that chances of skiing powder are low and chances of skiing hardpack in windy cold are quite high.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow, congrats mags. That looks decent...
    Guess I have a new hill to hit someday eh Leavenworth. If the skiing ever sucks there and any of ya'll want a road trip, I got an on hill rental at Castle till Mar 24 Happy skiing boys!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Wow, congrats mags. That looks decent...
    Guess I have a new hill to hit someday eh Leavenworth. If the skiing ever sucks there and any of ya'll want a road trip, I got an on hill rental at Castle till Mar 24 Happy skiing boys!
    Yes for sure. It's a wacky little place, barely gets any snow and then BOOM 30 - 40" dump in 1 day.

-------------------------------------------

Still basking in a haze of good powder and good friends.

Thanks everyone for making the trip out, for the baking goods shared, the deep turns and loud laughs while immersing ourselves in 2% blower.

For those that I saw but we didn't get to ski with, sorry for the powder pandemonium off the top of Chair 2 yesterday. Hopefully we can all get some laps in at BBI this week!

Made the Sat storm skiing and was not aware of the MR convergence of mags. Had some lift line exchanges but missing skiing with some of you. Amazing day for sure. Was not able to stay for the Chair 2 bluebird opening Sunday so glad you guys got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Made the Sat storm skiing and was not aware of the MR convergence of mags. Had some lift line exchanges but missing skiing with some of you. Amazing day for sure. Was not able to stay for the Chair 2 bluebird opening Sunday so glad you guys got it.
    I believe you said hello and then the powder hustle got us separated.

Hopefully you found a lot of bottomless

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    What a great two days! Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.
    And for reference I'm 6'6" and no I was not sitting down! It was sure fun to ski with everyone once I got the mid temp wax off my sticks :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I believe you said hello and then the powder hustle got us separated.

Hopefully you found a lot of bottomless
    Did say hello in the line at 3, then yes found the bottomless goodness throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Did say hello in the line at 3, then yes found the bottomless goodness throughout the day.
    Talked to you for a bit in line as well, nice to meet you!
    After that the powder craze got to me and everything else was gone. Lol!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4A23F6B2-E302-48F2-BB71-9133071F5C71.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	269248

Grabbed this off Mission’s Facebook page. Looks like Central Park(?) early.

And today the snow gods delivered another 6 in. It skied fairly well!

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    And today the snow gods delivered another 6 in. It skied fairly well!
    Got out of your driveway I presume!

Sweetness

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And it looked like somebody finally figured out a bit of a short-cut out there around the compression. Looks like you still have to climb a bit but I’ve seen that compression claim a few skiers. Caveat, I did not try it. But I saw the entrance and the exit. Both were well used by what(?) our third run?

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    And it looked like somebody finally figured out a bit of a short-cut out there around the compression. Looks like you still have to climb a bit but I’ve seen that compression claim a few skiers. Caveat, I did not try it. But I saw the entrance and the exit. Both were well used by what(?) our third run?
    There are a few ways through the trees around the compression. But if you can handle the Gs it’s still the quickest way IMO.

That extra travel in wickstad's heel suspension system has him perfectly set up to handle those g's. Counting on jackattack for video of the maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    That extra travel in wickstad's heel suspension system has him perfectly set up to handle those g's. Counting on jackattack for video of the maneuver.
    You should have stuck to my heels out there! Seriously though I thought you were coming right behind me through the compression. Then Bill(?) was there. We both waited. Maybe too long. I figured you guys took an earlier line down which I wouldn’t blame you for. I had my best run down through there. Ever. Even though it wasn’t untracked.

It’s the best when there’s a nice wind lip at the top you can jump into and carry some real speed into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    There are a few ways through the trees around the compression. But if you can handle the Gs it’s still the quickest way IMO.
    Point it from the traverse or GTFO. ;-)

Although I did pop a ski off doing that once. jack can attest.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Got out of your driveway I presume!
    I plowed late into the night Sunday.

Name:	DD56CED5-F232-401B-8925-664EAFEE2E2F.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	898.1 KB 
ID:	269500Mooseknuckles snakes Lvs

Mooseknuckles snakes Lvs
    I was terrified of hitting rocks. Mooseknuckles had yet to learn the fear.

When I was leaving I saw someone in the lot with a snapped ski right in front of the toe piece. He said he had a full impact with a big submerged rock. Luckily ski took the brunt of the impact and he was fine.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Me three. I watched him come out of that line hot af thinking to myself, “ please don’t hit a field of rock”. Talked to him about that after that line and he said he forgot and said he should take it down a few notches. That was my biggest fear, even though I hit a few. I was afraid to really smash the gas pedal.

Mooseknuckles snakes Lvs
    Were you at the top too on that lap? You were like a magician...appearing at the lift line, then on the traverse and poof...I didn't see you till back to the lift line.

Define snake...I was behind Kai on the skin track in and stayed high while LVS and 2Funky scoped their lines. I had my plan set and 2Funky went for the jib to slash Kai and then LVS made 2 slow turns before stopping at the entrance to re-evaluate. Sun was starting to bake and it was time to go.

Regarding exiting a bit hottttt in to the mine field, that was the next run...I think.

Discovered some wood under my buckle when I went to take off my boots at the car. Still have wood/tree debris from the downed surprise I found with steveski before calling it a day.

Name:	IMG_6012 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	269546

I have used up all of my 9 lives and I'm stealing from others at this point.

Were you at the top too on that lap? You were like a magician...appearing at the lift line, then on the traverse and poof...I didn't see you till back to the lift line.

Define snake...I was behind Kai on the skin track in and stayed high while LVS and 2Funky scoped their lines. I had my plan set and 2Funky went for the jib to slash Kai and then LVS made 2 slow turns before stopping at the entrance to re-evaluate. Sun was starting to bake and it was time to go.

Regarding exiting a bit hottttt in to the mine field, that was the next run...I think.

Discovered some wood under my buckle when I went to take off my boots at the car. Still have wood/tree debris from the downed surprise I found with steveski before calling it a day.

Name:	IMG_6012 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	269546

I have used up all of my 9 lives and I'm stealing from others at this point.
    You were apologizing to him for “taking his turn”. I don’t blame him for being a little trepidatious. That line is tricky without barely hidden rocks. Skiable though and probably my favorite line out there. I skied the bowl proper on that run. Just had to deal with the drifts. I watched you guys from below. Yeah I figure I had to be a little sneaky in order to keep up. Ironically it was just after that when LVS had his encounter with really mean rocks just off the groomer.