Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I guess that I’m more of a quality as opposed to quantity kinda guy.

I have a rental duplex in Mammoth that I pay $185 an hour for the loader to come plow. January bill was almost $600 alone, don't even want to see February. Used to pay $1200 a year but they guy put a hole in my house, didn't plow for 48 hours during a huge storm, and call my wife an a**hole. Just moved into a new house on a private road, $50 a month for the road getting plowed and I do my parking spaces with my vintage Snapper blower.

My flat lot duplex (standing on massive snow bank) https://imgur.com/uk4yOT8
    My house lot https://imgur.com/M6f0T0D

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Aren’t you an attorney? You may need to change your name to PNWDutch.
    Nope.

I really don't need a snow blower more than once every 5 years either.

Shovel is a good work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Nope.

I really don't need a snow blower more than once every 5 years either.

Shovel is a good work out.
    Ahh, I see. You didn’t strike me as someone who would routinely spend 3 hrs shoveling.

Bring it Ullr!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211008_192106962.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	388306

Nice blower!

I think I’m going to sell mine.
    I used a Cub Cadet 3X 30”HD for years.

Two years ago I had shoulder surgery and hired a service with an articulated snowblower tractor. They do an outstanding job, while I boot up.

$40-50 per service depending on how much snow. 2 walk behind blowers and shovel front steps. Once every few years will have a backhoe and dump truck remove snow from the foot of the driveway so the city will have someplace to put their snow. I got a blower last winter so I could do it myself while remodeling and not lose days to an inability to get to the job.

I wanted a 28" wide Ariens but it's parking spot in the garage is just a little too tight.

My 24” Craftsman does fine for the driveway and all the crap the HOAs plows leave in the curb cuts. Usually do the widow lady’s driveway next door too. Great $250 investment. My biggest problem is finding somewhere to put the snow.

Pro tip - if you want a low snow year, take your blower in for service.

10 yrs ago I bought a Craftsmen 24" and its fine for the average town lot, if a M/C is too big it ends up being too cumbersome/ doesnt fit between things.

It is still starting pretty much on a couple of pulls without using the electric start, I've used a couple of older units that wouldn't start by hand even after a trip to the shop

I deal with where to put snow by blowing it well back to start with assuming it will be a big year,

I also do a few passes infront/ behind the house in case of a basement flood situ like a few years ago
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have three decks and a patio, where my hot tub lives. I need to have access to 24/7.
    My service is expensive for shoveling and they won’t come until they’ve finished all the commercial accounts.

When I screwed up my shoulder, I got a corded 11” Snow Joe thrower.
    It works fair, if the snows light and you get on it early.
    Are any of the cordless ones worth a shit?

Never pay. I have shoveled/blown/plowed my own driveway for 50 years. Now, I have a JD garden tractor with a 48" blade to help me out,
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I pay a snowblower service like I said before but in a good year I get all the snow shoveling exercise I need and some extra keeping the snow down to the top of the deck rail so I can see out the front windows. Fortunately the spa is right next to the front door onto the deck so all I need is to push the snow off the cover. For the deck and for clearing the berm from the town plow those giant snow pushers have made a huge difference compared to the grain shovel I was using. I highly recommend.

snow pusher ? vvv

https://scoopsandrakes.com/snow-scoops/

https://scoopsandrakes.com/2017/wp-c...Snow-Scoop.jpg

built down the road -
    beats the heck out of shoveling -

Way quieter than a gas snowblower !

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I wanted a 28" wide Ariens but it's parking spot in the garage is just a little too tight.
    I’ve got the 28 inch Ariens and it absolutely kick ass! I’m sure yours will work really well.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Snow pusher won’t work in my application. Decks have railings I have to go over.

I pay my plow guy in wine, nice case at the end of the season and a few extra beers when we go out.

Sometimes I’ll hop in with him and do some light shoveling while we tool around town with nobody on the road but other plow guys drinking “coffee”.

Nice to have friends with trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't get the snow onto my neighbor's driveway with one of those pushers. Gotta go with the blower.

Pushers can be good but only with a releasable scoop so you can run the shovel up the bank and dump it over the other side. We had one growing up, it was called a Swedish Snow Scoop. Had a hand trigger to release the scoop, then you click it back into place. Ingenious design but I don't think anybody makes them anymore. Can't find them online.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Pushers can be good but only with a releasable scoop so you can run the shovel up the bank and dump it over the other side. We had one growing up, it was called a Swedish Snow Scoop. Had a hand trigger to release the scoop, then you click it back into place. Ingenious design but I don't think anybody makes them anymore. Can't find them online.
    Oooh. That would be slick! I upgraded last year from a pusher to a mid 2000s Craftsman and it has been a step up! I'll be quite disappointed when it inevitably craps out mid storm.

I bought a Craftsmen a few years ago, love it. Our gravel driveway is 100 yards long and it makes quick work of it. I've thought about getting an ATV with plow but just can't justify the expense.

For our front and back decks I bought plastic blade snow shovels. Metal tears up the wood and scrapes the stain off. It is a lot of work clearing the decks in a big year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Snow pusher won’t work in my application. Decks have railings I have to go over.
    I guess if you're trying to shovel down below the railing it won't work as well, but even then if you push the snow to the railing you have a lot shorter distance to throw the snow. I used to have to throw the snow as far as twenty feet, and of course not all of it made it that far. Also, the pusher will push easily up an incline. So you might not be able to completely clear the deck with the pusher but it will definitely make the job a lot faster and easier on the bod. One year I had tennis elbow in both elbows from shoveling. That's what we call the good old days.

most "tennis elbow" happens in people who don't play tennis but I'm sure you know that

I think a deck with panels that hinge or at least a few that hinge at the top to allow the bottom to move and let you push out the snow might be the hot setup

I think the chassis on a lot of these are made by the same mfg'er, Bandini's orange Ariens looks exactly like my Craftsmen and of course the motors are the same

MTD makes Craftsman, Cub Cadet and Troy-bilt. Ariens makes Ariens.

MTD uses chinese Powermore motors, Ariens uses chinese LCT motors.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    MTD makes Craftsman, Cub Cadet and Troy-bilt. Ariens makes Ariens.

MTD uses chinese Powermore motors, Ariens uses chinese LCT motors.
    well there ya go ^^ altho the chassis looks REALLY familiar

I do like the Arien Orange > the Craftsmen Green but mostly I just want it to start and thro snow every time

BTW it is time for us all to make sure there isnt shit lying around on the ground that could fack up the auger, a neighbor wanted me to make a pass thru their yard in a big snow event but I said no cuz I knew there was shit everwhere