Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Snow shoveling, snow blowing, snow plowing. Do you pay?

This is for people that pay other people for their labor:

How much would you pay hourly for snow shoveling?

To snowblow your walkways or driveway?

To snowplow your driveway?

No one smart enough does that shit hourly. Always by the job. All depends on the size of the driveway/job.
    I paid two kids last year $10 ea to shovel my 16x30 driveway last year . Took them 15 min.

Snow plow dudes, well at least good ones that actually show up when you need them, all roll on annual contracts where they come every so many inches of snowfall. Trying to call one for a one off plow is next to impossible. Usually 25-50 bucks a push for the average driveway on contract. Shoveling walks and double that number at least. Triple those numbers if you actually convince one to show up for a one time only job.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No one smart enough does that shit hourly. Always by the job. All depends on the size of the driveway/job.
    ^^^
    Pretty much this.

Fee for machine (4x4 tractor w/ blower) snow removal is $45 a pop up here for a driveway about 20x40'.

Most of the time we blow it ourselves, but sometimes we hire out if we've been gone and things have piled up over 24".

Places I caretake for, $50-65 a pop for a winter contract. Driveway, sidewalk and walkways.

I looked these terms up in urbandictionary, and I'm not exactly sure what you're offering, but I don't typically pay for that kind of stuff.

I don’t charge my neighbors to clear their driveway with my snowblower. But without asking for a thing I’ve gotten dinners, treats, and edibles.

So I can’t help the OP, other than to suggest buying a snowblower.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I don’t charge my neighbors to clear their driveway with my snowblower. But without asking for a thing I’ve gotten dinners, treats, and edibles.

My neighbor has been eating Copper River reds pretty steady lately. I think he appreciates sw flow

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

I hand shovel almost 1/3 of a city block with 6' wide sidewalks. Last year sucked for shoveling.... great for skiing! If every year were like that I definitely would have a snowblower. I shovel an elderly neighbor's place due to her husband having a stroke a while back. The other day she brought me 4 new york strip steaks

$30 a plow here, we get a deal since they hit the whole HOA. Show up at 5am every morning there's more than 4". I leave bottles of Maker's Mark in the skid steer they leave at the end of our road throughout the season and oddly we get plowed first. Landlord splits the plow fee with me so it works out well.

I got my wife a snowblower for Valentine's day. True story... Still the best VDay gift ever.

Pay $50 / push for guy to plow. It's a big driveway that serves 3 units. Takes him maybe 20 or 25 minutes.

We pay a fixed price for the season, for one plow a day over 6 inches, but the guy came 3 times the other day, and he usually keeps the berm knocked down throughout the day. He's come for less than inches and after the end of the contract in April.
    We have a wide driveway is between two high banks. Once the snow is piled high on the banks I couldn't blow the drive myself if I wanted to , which I don't--a hand snow blower wouldn't get the snow high enough or far enough. And one year there was a pretty good cornice overhanging the drive.
    Last edited by old goat; 02-08-2019 at 01:46 AM.

My fleet
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1549600124.413752.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	268725
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Recently had a foot and a half in the driveway while we were out of town and didn't want to deal with it after it set for a few days so called up the plow guy. That was worth $50 for sure but usually take care of it myself.

Honda Foreman 450 4wd and Warn plow with a winch. Bought the whole package for a bit over 2k and listed it as cap-ex for 2017 taxes.

Last year it came in really handy, this year I have used it a good bit the past 2 storm cycles.

Snow removal is big business up at the Bazillionaires ski area. 3 friends who all have roof shoveling gigs are killing it.

They charge up to $150 per driveway up in here (6 miles north of I-90) near ‘ozeman.

I struggle to to keep either one of these operating. Snowplows are like snowmobiles in a certain regard.

I’ll be damned if I pay that much or put a plow on my 3/4 ton.

Name:	A91CD707-BDCA-4BAE-B02A-CF5B8954AB9E.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	464.2 KB 
ID:	268761

150 is a fever dream in Tahoe that i would gladly pay. Most driveways here are 5-600 for the season. If your talking 1 off plows, that's about right. Our driveway is small so I usually hand shovel

I pay $20/trip in upstate NY.

$150 for one offs. Sorry. But, more than $600 for the season, which goes from October-May for some driveways where I’m at.

Name:	60E5CACB-B1A0-41DE-A281-CC63CC33DA96.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	469.2 KB 
ID:	268766

Name:	snowblow_020515.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	488.1 KB 
ID:	268767

I plow snow for a living and offer resort home owners a $300 seasonal rate for every Friday plow(most people are only there weekends). Per snowfall it's $50, acreage driveways up to 1km $100 per plow up to 6" then it doubles.
    Deck shovelling us $50/ snowfall
    All my commercial clients are on a Monthly rate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

city house with a double driveway, bought a new 24" craftsman snow blower when i bought the house

24" is smalll enough to fit around stuff in the driveway, totally worth the money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Driveway plowing is $600-800 USD per season here but we average 500 inches a season (looks like it's headed for something north of that this year). Worth it to be able to get out of the garage the morning after a 2 foot overnight dump without spending hours shoveling or running the snow blower.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I'm jealous.. 3 hours to shovel out my long ass driveway on Monday... more to come.

It's great for my sciatica too!
    Aren’t you an attorney? You may need to change your name to PNWDutch.