Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Blackface: WTF?

Hahahaha Chocolate Body

it's really about the context, right ? here's a classic case of white people doing the outrage dance. This guy might not be so bright but his INTENT was to emulate his favorite rapper. All good vibes . Won second place....until, some righteous cracker ass white bitch decides it's not right, and calls the news for a juicy story. It's pretty fucked up. Owners can't defend the guy, they need to sell beer( and save face, so to speak) Lighten up , people. Go after the REAL racism in this country.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/11/...h-ale-brewery/

and that joe rogan thing is spot on, fucking high larious
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Some clown always had to take something like this too far. What a moron. Anybody with a fucking clue can see that Mary Poppins and her chimney sweep buddy had nothing to do with black people.

In a related point, I went for Halloween once as a Cholo. I guess that was totally racist in today’s hyperPC land.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

In a related point, I went for Halloween once as a Cholo. I guess that was totally racist in today’s hyperPC land.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cheech made Cholo's cool ...waaay back

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Lou must be turning over in his grave
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Some clown always had to take something like this too far. What a moron. Anybody with a fucking clue can see that Mary Poppins and her chimney sweep buddy had nothing to do with black people.
    It was a joke.

Halfwit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

"her chimney sweep buddy" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    "her chimney sweep buddy" lol.
    Is that code for poopenhausen?

Blackface?

Didn't they have a couple big songs in the '80's? Southern rock band?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Blackface?

Didn't they have a couple big songs in the '80's? Southern rock band?
    Wasn't it Blacksnake? Big hits.......

Nah I was goofin on these guys:

It does beg the question of why a black foot is okay but a black face makes people lose their minds. Obviously it's ok for some body parts to be black but not others. And that's as far as I'm gonna go with that thought.

Good point, better not get in a fight and get a black eye, could ruin my political ambitions.

It does beg the question of why a black foot is okay but a black face makes people lose their minds. Obviously it's ok for some body parts to be black but not others. And that's as far as I'm gonna go with that thought.
    A few weeks ago I was playing a family "Apples to Apples" game. It got boring so we decided to switch it up and allow the judge to make up the subject of the round. My brother-in-law (who's black) said "play the most racist card in your hand." I played "toe." He didn't grow up in the U.S. and had no idea about the nickname for a Brazil nut. We were forced to educate him.

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Nah I was goofin on these guys:

Blackfoot's offensive to Native Americans. Keep your racism categories straight!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Don't some Raider fans go blackface for every home game?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    just lingering ignorance in a place that was steeped in racism historically
    it's not right, but it's not that earth shattering that we still see it percolating out
    the university of virginia didn't admit women until 1970, and even then it was a 2 yr roll out
    Wait, women are allowed in college now?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Speaking of The Raiders, one year I wore a Warren Wells jersey for Halloween. It was in the early '70s when he was going thru all go his criminal problems. ...didn't wear a charcoal or black face, though
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Blackfoot's offensive to Native Americans. Keep your racism categories straight!
    nah man, metlock dude plays for Lynerd Skinert now. Balances it out.
    "Can't you see..."

I grew up thinking that Swamp Music was racist

I used to work in the coal handling department of the blast furnace division of Great Lakes Steel. We spent a couple of weeks blasting decades of caked on coal dust from the walls of the 40 foot deep bins over the #1 coke plant with compressed air in 100F, 100% humidity. First time I walked into the locker room at the end of the day, a couple of the black steelworkers mistook me for black--seriously, not joking. They did think it was pretty funny when they realized I was a white, middle class, college kid.

Zug Island reresent yo!

Zug Island reresent yo!
    Did you work there? I thought it was kind of a cool place--watching them push red hot coke out of the ovens or pour iron out of the blast furnaces at night. Nasty shit to breath but I never had to work hard. I had to cast off an ore freighter once. Found out later it was the Edmund Fitzgerald, in her last summer.

Nah you talked about it one time before and there's the whole "Windsor Hum" thing which many think is coming from there. My cousin worked at Bethlehem Steel's Lackawanna Works near Buffalo as a young man, he has some stories about that place too.

Nah you talked about it one time before and there's the whole "Windsor Hum" thing which many think is coming from there. My cousin worked at Bethlehem Steel's Lackawanna Works near Buffalo as a young man, he has some stories about that place too.
    I've talked about everything at least once before, probably more. Never heard the Windsor Hum myself. I'll have to check it out in April--staying in downtown Detroit for a wedding although with my tinnitus . . .