GPS app that doesn't upload tracks anywhere

I'm looking for a strava-like app that does NOT upload the GPX track it records anywhere. I know you can make a strava ride/tour/run/whatever the hell you do private, but I worry that they might anonymously add every track (even private ones) to the global heat map.

Any suggestions?

FYI - Strava has changed their privacy settings and any activity you mark as private is not added to the heatmap.
    There is also a setting to exclude ALL your activities from the heatmap.
    Source: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/...ivacy-Controls

There are also plenty of mapping/tracking apps that don't upload your data at all. I use Backcountry Navigator Pro. I can just record and save GPX tracks. I'm sure there are others that do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    FYI - Strava has changed their privacy settings and any activity you mark as private is not added to the heatmap.
    There is also a setting to exclude ALL your activities from the heatmap.
    Source: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/...ivacy-Controls

There are also plenty of mapping/tracking apps that don't upload your data at all. I use Backcountry Navigator Pro. I can just record and save GPX tracks. I'm sure there are others that do the same.
    Answers the questions! Thanks, Adrenalated. I'll probably just re-install Strava, but I'll check out BC Navigator.

I use Gaia GPS, I like it fine but it's a $20/ year subscription app so I suspect that will scare off the maggots.

Gaia is great

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Gaia, I balked at paying for it, but once I did it was worth it. You can download CalTopo overlays (premium), sat imagery, and Topo, and see all while off the grid.
    Plus their track recording (to your device) and way point storage works well.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

ski tracks. free.

SkiApp Pro is what I have been using. It doesn't use anything but your GPS. Minimal power usage.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ski tracks. free.
    Seconded.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

motion-x gps, free, a little clunky but it has tons of settings and is awesome
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi