Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 1082

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,844
    Red Sox bullpen is an embarrassment

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Red Sox bullpen is an embarrassment
    as boston scores 4 in the 8th and brought tying run to the plate, you were saying ?

    so WTH is with London baseball ? I did not watch game 1, but game 2, not every ball is a home, many are dropping in, many are getting thru the infield and many infield plays are botched by MLB players and we are now at 50 runs with an inning to go. looks like sloppy fielding has let some runs score but not 50. you'd figure despite the flight and time lost, relief pitchers on both sides could go 2 and 3 innings.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,309
    That was some ugly ass pitching
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  4. #804
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,309
    But.....
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  5. #805
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,309
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  6. #806
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    296
    Arenado made the all-star roster!!
    I'm bias, but Story and Blackmon got jammed.

    CO doesn't have enough voters.
    We shoulda used some of that 'election meddling' stuff.

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,855
    Oakland fans were like "Damn, that is some massive foul territory".
    Nice glare as well.

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    as boston scores 4 in the 8th and brought tying run to the plate, you were saying ?

    so WTH is with London baseball ? I did not watch game 1, but game 2, not every ball is a home, many are dropping in, many are getting thru the infield and many infield plays are botched by MLB players and we are now at 50 runs with an inning to go. looks like sloppy fielding has let some runs score but not 50. you'd figure despite the flight and time lost, relief pitchers on both sides could go 2 and 3 innings.
    I stand by it. What do they have, 17 or 18 blown saves now? If they had half of that they’d be in first place.

    Take this for what it’s worth, but I think Joe Buck said yesterday the new turf was really fast. So that is some of it. Anything hit even slightly hard was to the wall. I imagine it wasn’t giving true bounces either for the infield.

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,808
    Well, thank God they don't have to play that turf anymore.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,804
    I guess the Yanks won the AL - Europe. Does that mean they're already in the playoffs?

  11. #811
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,808
    That whole affair was really dumb. The commish said there will be one next year, maybe not London. I think he thinks he's David Stern, but, he's not. Some good reporter has to investigate the why this happened. I suspect, money, greed, and a great lack of creative, intelligent marketing.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  12. #812
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I guess the Yanks won the AL - Europe. Does that mean they're already in the playoffs?
    They won the Joe Buck/A-Rod/Smoltzy hearts and minds

  13. #813
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,176
    They should put the entire Yankee lineup in the HR derby.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  14. #814
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,855
    Sad news about Tyler Skaggs today. 27yro. Just pitched two days ago, and now gone.

  15. #815
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    35,808
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sad news about Tyler Skaggs today. 27yro. Just pitched two days ago, and now gone.
    Did he just visit the D.R.?

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  16. #816
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That whole affair was really dumb. The commish said there will be one next year, maybe not London. I think he thinks he's David Stern, but, he's not. Some good reporter has to investigate the why this happened. I suspect, money, greed, and a great lack of creative, intelligent marketing.
    Cards-Cubs next season. Guessing Doyers-Gigantes after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Did he just visit the D.R.?
    Texas. Close enough I guess.

  17. #817
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,139
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Sad news about Tyler Skaggs today. 27yro. Just pitched two days ago, and now gone.
    Angels have lost something like seven (7) active players during the franchise's existence. I vividly recall Lyman Bostock's death in 1978. My favorite player on that Angel's team.
    ˇÓrale, vato!

  18. #818
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    ...seven (7)
    Thanks for clarifying.

  19. #819
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,176
    The Mets thought they lost two players.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  20. #820
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,202
    And yet they keep paying another long after his career died.
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #821
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,804
    What was all that about Devers not fielding? boom

  22. #822
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What was all that about Devers not fielding? boom
    i missed it.
    btw, what happened across the pond?
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  23. #823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Angels have lost something like seven (7) active players during the franchise's existence. I vividly recall Lyman Bostock's death in 1978. My favorite player on that Angel's team.
    I remember him, he was an excellent hitter. I had him on a couple of my Strat-O-Matic teams

  24. #824
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Left Field
    Posts
    46,804
    @ml: Yankees won 2 games I heard. Congrats.

  25. #825
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,034
    Got 60?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •