Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Joe Davis ( no pro baseball) and Orel H (NLCS and World Series MVP honors, only player in history to win them addition to the Cy Young Award in same year) make a great team.
    Like that both had careers in broadcasting before the Dodger booth.

Plus Nomah before and after.

Ryu threw another gem last night and Dodgers bats continue to impress.
    Anyone else won 43 yet?!?

Sox are still in 3rd right?
    It's nice to see the Dodgers doing well. It's cool that Nomar's trying his hand at broadcasting, too. Is he still living the good life up in Montecito with Mia Hamm?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

MLB Thread 2019

No one showed up to these Royals vs Red Sox games, even with the Sox in town.

Quite an outing for Sale, even considering it's KC. Finally a win to go with the stats, too.

Complete game shutout, 12 Ks 3 Hits 0 walks 102 pitches, with an immaculate inning in the 8th and he didn't look a bit tired in the 9th.

I wish he hadn’t played the beginning of this season- I don’t follow how that went down. It felt clear, to me at least, that he just wasn’t ready to pitch. Hopefully it doesn’t matter, it’s great to see him pitching like this again. 98mph fastballs in the 8th. Most of his pitches looked great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not only the not-ready thing, there's also a bit of history of him wearing down late in the season. I would've been fine if he missed the first third of the season.

Kimbrel to Cubs. HOOOLY COW!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

MLB Thread 2019

Perhaps they are afraid of his edgy personality. He just wants to play, and they can’t get him to cut it out and do what’s right for the team on the jersey.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 06-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Kimbrel to Cubs. HOOOLY COW!
    yeah, its big.
    KNew someone would grab him once the draft passed.
    But Cubs are coleading the division with a mess of a bullpen, they could really come on now.

Hope not, dont want to watch that guy throw in the playoffs against the Dodgers.

I mean I just hate watching him

Kimbrel is a huge grab by my boys! A reliable closer has been the biggest hole in their arsenal for a while now. And with Zobrist most likely not coming back they have the coin to take on his salary.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

That's a lot of money, though.

What's the deal with Zobrist? A divorce doesn't usually knock a guy out for the season.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It is indeed a lot of money, but how much is getting away from being the league leader in blown saves worth? As a Cubs fan (and it not being my money) it is worth a lot!
    I have no idea what is up with Zobrist, he is an odd cat, and I am guessing his wife stepping out on him did a serious number to his head.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Fuck me. Tribe starter Cookie Carrasco was pulled before last night’s start and placed on the IL indefinitely with a blood condition.

For those keeping track at home that’s now the third 200 inning/200 strikeout starter the Wahoos have lost this year. Cookie led the league in wins in 17 and has struck out 200 or more in 3 of the last 4 years. Add that to the dumpster fire of losing 2x Cy Young winner Kluber and fellow 200/200 man Clevinger and this season appears to be toast.

Fun comeback wins the past two nights against the hammering Twins though.

Get well Cookie.
    I still call it The Jake.

Looks like one of those years for the Indians, but at least Browns will never let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Looks like one of those years for the Indians, but at least Browns will never let you down.
    Right? Can’t be let down if you don’t have expectations to begin with!

Man down!
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...05445119488000
    David Ortiz hospitalized after being shot in Dominican Republic during an apparent robbery, per @CDN37

From Barstool: "I don’t even know what to say. These reports are out there, that David Ortiz was shot in the Dominican Republic. I didn’t want to blog them until we got a little something more concrete, but Ortiz’s father has at least acknowledged that an “injury” has at least happened in the Dominican Republic. I’m sick to my stomach. Just hope he’s okay. We’ll have more updates as they become available."

Edit: Now I am hearing Venezuela as well. So details are fluid to say the least. Edit edit: DR seems to be the place.
    Last edited by SkiBall; 06-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Man down!
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...05445119488000
    David Ortiz hospitalized after being shot in Dominican Republic during an apparent robbery, per @CDN37

From Barstool: "I don’t even know what to say. These reports are out there, that David Ortiz was shot in the Dominican Republic. I didn’t want to blog them until we got a little something more concrete, but Ortiz’s father has at least acknowledged that an “injury” has at least happened in the Dominican Republic. I’m sick to my stomach. Just hope he’s okay. We’ll have more updates as they become available."

Edit: Now I am hearing Venezuela as well. So details are fluid to say the least.
    Ugh. +++
    Uno mas

Says shot "between lower left back and abdomen".

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 12-13-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    There's some video on twitter of the shooting and the suspect getting the shit kicked out of him afterwards.
    Of course there is.

Looks like he lost part of his intestines, his gallbladder and sustained liver damage.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...le-shooting-dr

Glad to hear that Ortiz is on the mend.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MLB Thread 2019

Rumor has it there was a 3rd member of the Ortiz party, an entertainer, who was the actual intended target.

Sounds point blank so perhaps the assassin picked the wrong back.
    Uno mas

Yankee fan?

Going to be fun watching the 2 best players in Baseball battling it out the next few nights in So Cal

MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Going to be fun watching the 2 best players in Baseball battling it out the next few nights in So Cal
    Arenado and Baez are playing in Chicago not California.