Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	302418

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    OK.

More like....

Name:  IMG_2466.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  47.7 KB
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Enough of Steve Garvey and the bargain bin HOF candidates, the new ballot is:

Bobby Abreu, Josh Beckett, Heath Bell, Barry Bonds, Eric Chavez, Roger Clemens, Adam Dunn, Chone Figgins, Rafael Furcal, Jason Giambi, Todd Helton, Raul Ibanez, Derek Jeter, Andruw Jones, Jeff Kent, Paul Konerko, Cliff Lee, Carlos Pena, Brad Penny, Andy Pettitte, J.J. Putz, Manny Ramirez, Brian Roberts, Scott Rolen, Curt Schilling, Gary Sheffield, Alfonso Soriano, Sammy Sosa, Jose Valverde, Omar Vizquel, Billy Wagner, Larry Walker
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Derek Jeter
    Larry Walker

Schill ain't ever gonna make it. I did see his bloody sock in there when I went though.

Manny's gotta get in so we can all hear his speech.

Omar
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm sick of this shit every year. Baseball is the worst for this. Let's just rename the goddamn place "The Hall of Above Average Players" and let everyone in with at least 5+ years of playing time and above average stats for a 5 year period. It would solve the steroid problem as well.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm sick of this shit every year. Baseball is the worst for this. Let's just rename the goddamn place "The Hall of Above Average Players" and let everyone in with at least 5+ years of playing time and above average stats for a 5 year period. It would solve the steroid problem as well.
    Benny already established the Hall of Almost Good and Bar and Grill. It’s across the street and features Pete Rose signing autographs for $50 and Ted Williams’ head in a jar next to the pickled eggs.

Count me in on that if the investors get a t-shirt.

When football goes about choosing people for the HoF there's no fuss about it, and I had no idea until I drove thru Springfield, MA once there was even a basketball HoF. From lack of cars in the parking lot, it didn't look like many other people did either.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Enough of Steve Garvey and the bargain bin HOF candidates, the new ballot is:

Bobby Abreu, Josh Beckett, Heath Bell, Barry Bonds, Eric Chavez, Roger Clemens, Adam Dunn, Chone Figgins, Rafael Furcal, Jason Giambi, Todd Helton, Raul Ibanez, Derek Jeter, Andruw Jones, Jeff Kent, Paul Konerko, Cliff Lee, Carlos Pena, Brad Penny, Andy Pettitte, J.J. Putz, Manny Ramirez, Brian Roberts, Scott Rolen, Curt Schilling, Gary Sheffield, Alfonso Soriano, Sammy Sosa, Jose Valverde, Omar Vizquel, Billy Wagner, Larry Walker
    A sea of mediocrity awash with roided driftwood and then there is Little O. Too diminutive for allegations, too good to ignore. And the fact that he had to endure both the Indians and the Mariners means he should be granted sainthood.

Curious how BAs over .300 & 1300+ RBIS and a WAR over 70 becomes "mediocrity" or just "above average " stats

Count me in on that if the investors get a t-shirt.

When football goes about choosing people for the HoF there's no fuss about it, and I had no idea until I drove thru Springfield, MA once there was even a basketball HoF. From lack of cars in the parking lot, it didn't look like many other people did either.
    I think you get a free bowl of soup with admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Curious how BAs over .300 & 1300+ RBIS and a WAR over 70 becomes "mediocrity" or just "above average " stats
    Exactly. Let em all in. Corked bat users, steroid users, methamphetamine users, trash can banging sign stealers...

I think you get a free bowl of soup with admission.
    Tuscan white bean?

Exactly. Let em all in. Corked bat users, steroid users, methamphetamine users, trash can banging sign stealers...

Tuscan white bean?

Something Italian. Gotta stay true to the home country.

Yeah, he finally gets in too.

Jeter
    Schilling
    Bonds
    Clemens
    Walker
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bonds and Clemens are arguably (and inarguably in the case of Bonds) the best position player and pitcher to have ever played. They need to be in regardless of roids. Jeter should be a shoe in, Shilling is worthy and is only out because he is a massive dick. It isn't the hall of decent morals, it is the hall of fame, and that dude pitched one of the most dramatic games of all time, and don't forget how him and Johnson took everyone to school when they were Diamondbacks as well. Walker seemed overrated to me but fuck it, let him in also.

But I also never gave a shit about steroids, or HGH, or any of that stuff. I want to see moon shots and unhittable heaters. This is entertainment after all.

Also, Chone Figgins? Talk about remembering some guys (RIP Deadspin). That dude won me a fantasy league one year and I still immediately forgot about him.
    Live Free or Die

Manny's gotta get in. 555 HR, 2574 hits, career .312, career WAR 69.4. Clutch as shit. Clearly one of the best hitters of all time. He only juiced because he thought it got you high.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jeter
    Schilling
    Bonds
    Clemens
    Walker
    Add Manny to that list and it’s spot on.

Good list above.
    I'd put a nod in for Helton. Probably not this time, but I think he was one of the best of his time regardless of playing at Coors field and his propensity for driving and driving.
    Wouldn't say shit if they put Omar in as well.

I'm incredibly biased but just the defense alone is HoF worthy in my opinion:

- All-time leader in double plays made while playing shortstop
    - 11-time Gold Glove recipient; Oldest shortstop recipient of the Gold Glove (age 38 in 2005, and again at age 39 in 2006)
    - Highest career fielding percentage by a shortstop (0.9846) with at least 1,000 games played
    - Lowest number of errors in a season by a shortstop (tie) (3 in the 2000 season)
    - 6th in assists all-time, 3rd in assists at SS all-time

The M's traded Omar to the Tribe for some dudes named Félix Fermín, Reggie Jefferson, and cash. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Schilling
    I still say he's not going. Nobody can stand the guy. They're not gonna vote him in.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Manny's gotta get in. 555 HR, 2574 hits, career .312, career WAR 69.4. Clutch as shit. Clearly one of the best hitters of all time. He only juiced because he thought it got you high.
    My philosophy with the "steroid guys": if they inarguably were Hall of Famers regardless of steroids, I say yes (hence Bonds and Clemens), but I'm not sure that's true of Manny, it's harder to say.

By stats alone,, he deserves entry. But so do Sosa, Palmeiro, McGwire, etc.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So he gives 50 home runs back. Keeps the hits and the BA. He's still in. He wasn't any Sosa or McGwire with the juice by any means.

MLB Thread 2019

Manny was a better hitter plus more exciting in the field than those guys