Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Those are the games that make you feel after it's over like you've run a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Oh neat, I just saw that minutes before he was traded Puig instigated a bench clearing brawl in Cincy.

That’s just great. That’s just what we need.

I’ll take the guy who can’t control his temper and launches balls over the CF fence over this hothead.

For now.

i'm second with this decision.

having a local seat with the Astros being in Houston, it's been pitching that falters in the playoffs. sure, the Astros do not hit in the playoffs like they do the regular season but most do not; the quality innings bauer could provide was no worth puig.

tribe mgt should have just suspended bauer for a week and fined him rather than lose him.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Upon further reflection this is just another great trade deadline haul by the Indians front office. The reaction around baseball seems to agree.

They’ve been doing this for years and keep winning these deals. See: The Indians might make these Trevor Bauer deals forever.They needed offensive power and got back 2 20+ HR sluggers, the first time in MLB history a team has acquired that many HR’s of production in a midsession trade.

I will personally miss Bauer because he’s an ace and eats up innings like no other. But with Bauer slated to make $20M next year and saying he’s only going to sign one year deals, this trade makes them a better team today and for the next 4 years.

I don’t like the possibility of messing up the clubhouse though, this is a tight knit group. I just hope Franimal and Puig buy in to what they’re trying to accomplish, to quote Jason Kipnis.
    I still call it The Jake.

I think you’ll be fine with Puig. He didn’t instigate that brawl, but even knowing he was traded was willing to go out there with his guys. Maybe he’s immature but I think players appreciate that he has their back. I think it’d always good to have at least one guy that is always willing to mix it up. Keeps pitchers honest.

Greinke to Astros scares me....

Pitchers duel @ Coors, whoulda thunk

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I think you’ll be fine with Puig. He didn’t instigate that brawl, but even knowing he was traded was willing to go out there with his guys. Maybe he’s immature but I think players appreciate that he has their back. I think it’d always good to have at least one guy that is always willing to mix it up. Keeps pitchers honest.
    He actually seemed to be a very different guy in Cincy than he was in LA. Very involved and liked by his teammates. Hope that translates to the Tribe.

Reds-Buckos have fought at least twice this year. Bauer is going to LOVE having a much-hated enemy that they face 16 times a year.

i’m hearing that the mets turned down frazier and andujar for wheeler. thankfully that is a terribly run organization!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Greinke to Astros scares me....

Pitchers duel @ Coors, whoulda thunk
    That staff will be tough. But Astros gave up some really good prospects and have 70 million on the books for the next two years
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Twins will just homer our way past the Astros. Big sticks beat big arms. That’s our plan, I hope 🤞🏻

This is going to be a ton of fun down the stretch.

Before the reinforcements arrive, The Indians hammer the Stros 10-4 making the season series even at 3-3.

ROLL TRIBE.

ETA: this was kinda odd to see from the ballpark tonight. Happy trails ya crazy bastard, we’ll see ya in Goodyear when pitchers and catchers report to the CLE/CIN facility.

Name:  BED5C197-6C1E-4532-868E-D85A06F9D42D.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  126.3 KB
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 07-31-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    That staff will be tough. But Astros gave up some really good prospects and have 70 million on the books for the next two years

astros screwed up, no other way to put it. they let keuchel and Charlie Morton go to save some money hoping some young pitchers will step up even through there were no signs of that. now, they are still out money and now out some prospects they would have had if they kept dallas and Charlie.
    makes them the current favorite but they gave up some future players they might need later once the core starts getting too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    makes them the current AL favorite but they gave up some future players they might need later once the core starts getting too expensive.
    fixed it for you
    Zach gave up 11 ERs in 2 games to the Dodgers

Dodgers hit right handed pitching well and you have one left handed starter.

Recap of the brawl

Visitors own this seasons TB-Bos games. Just freaking weird.

Even when Kershaw is a little off he’s damn good. Just passed Koufax in strikeouts tonight too.

Most guys, like when CC left, just take out a full-page ad when they’re traded.

In addition to taking in the game as a fan (see above) Bauer made a damn fine thank you video. I’ve (likely) watched the guy contribute to my team more than anyone here so I’m sure this is interesting only to me but this, taken in conjunction with his impromptu appearance and self-directed press conference at the park the day AFTER he’s traded, makes all this a new benchmark in how one might leave a team.

(FWIW, your opinions on his politics/demeanor are already noted)

Not a fan of Bauers past behaviour, but this is a class move.

Dodgers are getting wrecked in the press for no big deadline moves but we added some good quality bats/gloves to solve some problems and we have extremely talented arms we can bring up ( Gonsolin threw 4 innings of 3 hit ball on Tues, May the Ginger Thor is starting tonight) and they are already very comfortable with our rookie catcher as he caught them in AAA.

Aside from his D he has six homers and 19 RBIs, in his 1st 14 games

And he did this last night
    https://www.mlb.com/news/will-smith-...powers-dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

Aside from his D he has six homers and 19 RBIs, in his 1st 14 games

And he did this last night
    https://www.mlb.com/news/will-smith-...powers-dodgers
    It’s damn nice to have a catcher that’s not a black hole in the lineup again. Smith looks legit and could be an all star caliber catcher for the next decade. Which is why I was good with the Dodgers moving Ruiz if that’s what it took to get an arm. But it sounds like everyone wanted Gavin Lux or May thrown in too. No one available was worth it imo. The Dodgers are still the class of the NL and I have no issues going into October with Ryu, Kershaw and Beuhler carrying the load. The 4th starter and bullpen will be questionable, but hopefully Hill gets back in time.

No matter what happens it should be a fun few months of baseball.

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Don’t know if this is MLB Thread or NFL thread. Either way, it’s fucking awesome. Baker Mayfield shotguns a beer at Cleveland Indians game Tribe immediately scores five runs

Video at the link https://mobile.twitter.com/Indians/s...five-runs.html

In other news, took in some extra baseball last night to see the Bravos make Bauer’s initial start in the NL a rough one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72B6087A-A598-4018-AB95-B5FD1C23DCB0.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	799.3 KB 
ID:	290108
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 08-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Second time in a week Devers strikes out with the team down a couple, with two outs and the bases loaded. Fuck.

Gut check time for the Olde Towne Team.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Second time in a week Devers strikes out with the team down a couple, with two outs and the bases loaded. Fuck.

Gut check time for the Olde Towne Team.
    This season is possibly done. All these Yanks injuries make the East not completely wrapped up, but Sox aren't winning games they should be winning this late in the season.
    They are coming to Denver at the end of the month for a couple and still looking forward to seeing them. Last time they came here they ended up winning it all, so who knows? Doubtful, but still enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Twins will just homer our way past the Astros. Big sticks beat big arms. That’s our plan, I hope 🤞🏻

possible, bullpen still a weakness; although that's the same for most everyone.

astros still slapping themselves on the back for a 4 pitcher no hitter, still very unusual; but theyre slap happy; probably most of that is local media

How Dombrowski didn’t think they needed more arms before the trade deadline I’ll never know. Seems like negligence to me

Maybe they should move Sale out there for a bit to try and get him settled down.

SWEEP!

This is just too good to go unnoticed on the bottom of the previous page.

https://twitter.com/ZachDahl24/statu...174950400?s=20

Seriously. If anyone knows how to embed this or the other post, share this greatness with the world.