Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/major-l...043543241.html

Love this guy and hope the Mets sign him to a lifetime contract.

Pretty sure there were more Tribe fans than Angels fans in Anaheim yesterday as they complete the sweep.

Staying alive, but the injuries just keep piling up:

Closer Brad Hand snuck out of LA back to CLE for MRI which was only announced after the fact somehow. They say it’s nothing but at this point I fully expect a meteor strike at the Jake any day now.
    I still call it The Jake.

I hate the Giants, and even being married to a Red Sox fan, not a huge fan there either, but this is very very cool.

In Fenway tonght:

“Now batting, number 5, Mike Yastrzemski.’’

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-rook...164313243.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Oakland it is. Let’s go Oakland, boom, boom, boom-boom-boom.
    FIFY
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

FUCKING SHIT. Another season-ending injury. This time to Jason Kipnis, who broke the same stupid bone in his hand that All Star Jose Ramirez did a few weeks ago.

For those keeping track at home so far that's 4 every day starters in the last two weeks on top of studs like Cy Kluber done for the year.

It's been hella fun watching this team battle from behind all season. Crazy that they will likely finish with more wins than they had last year when they won their 3rd straight Division Title. Funny game, baseball.

Been awhile since the Twinkies were truly relevant. Let em have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I hate the Giants, and even being married to a Red Sox fan, not a huge fan there either, but this is very very cool.

In Fenway tonght:

“Now batting, number 5, Mike Yastrzemski.’’

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-rook...164313243.html
    The homer later was great and the crowd reaction was cool

the yankees finally picked up a starter, watch out now!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Last night was the most important game of the Yankee's postseason
    4 scoreless innings, throwing above 98mph
    Good team just got a lot better.
    AL playoffs gonna be a gunfight.
    Hope every series goes 7, with extras

Not sure on the exact rules but September signings aren’t eligible for post season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Not sure on the exact rules but September signings aren’t eligible for post season, right?
    sevy finally made it back for his first start of the season.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MLB Thread 2019

Last night was the most important game of the Yankee's postseason
    4 scoreless innings, throwing above 98mph
    Good team just got a lot better.
    AL playoffs gonna be a gunfight.
    Hope every series goes 7, with extras
    And then Betences goes down with an Achilles injury, from doing a little jump off the mound. Yankees’ injuries are fucking crazy. Stanton should be back next week.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

thats the thing I mentioned above, the astros Yankees & Dodgers are all so next level in talent identification and development. All 3 should have been eliminated due to injuries this year but all 3 just keep on trotting out MLB ready rookies that deliver.

If you love baseball, Wrigley is Nirvana. And agreed Pete Alonso is special and should.be a lifetime Met. Not many big leaguers nowadays that aren't all about me, me me

sevy finally made it back for his first start of the season.
    Ah. Got it.

Tuned into the Tribe radio pregame on the way home and damn if Jason Kipnis' presser didn't put a bit of a lump in my throat and the writing on the wall: this is the end of an amazing era in Tribe baseball.

Kip's broken hamate bone puts an end to his season (along with Jose Ramirez, Tyler Naquin, Corey Kluber, and too many others these past few weeks), and almost certainly, his career as an Indian, maybe as a major-leaguer too. Not many guys anymore seem to play their whole career for one organization, or at least 8+ years before they fade into 1 and 2 year free-agency deals till old age, but the Tribe seems to have more than most. Maybe a direct result of being a small market team that has to always have one eye down the road. He was definitely one of the good ones.

Sure, this is "my" team, and it's not likely on the radar of anyone but the most hardcore fans, but baseball is weird in that if you're a fan you almost get sucked into the clubhouse along with your favorite team. You listen or watch and even go to a few games, but you follow a group of guys for the better part of 10 months of the year. You mark time by what happened to your team during a particular season.

I know the year, month and where I was when Tyler Naquin hit a walk-off inside the park home run, when Kip hit a home run in Wrigley during the World Series in front of his hometown family and friends, and when a future Hall-of-Famer named Frankie Lindor made his major league debut. No different than any Sox, Cards or 'Stros fan knowing when their guys did something awesome, which, when these moments in time are referenced during conversation with others, at least when not among ball fans, they're always met with a slight side-eyed glance.

Sure guys come and go, that's the business. But when the core group starts to break up, and you see different teams' pennants being raised in the outfield standings, especially after a long run of success, it makes you think back to all that time that has passed. Time marked by those moments only you remember because you're a baseball fan, and these guys have been your guys, for your team. It makes you think, these kids got old during that time, and you likely got older. But most of all it makes you think, OK, how long till we get the next group of guys in the clubhouse that are fun to cheer for, can win games and make it easy to be a fan of your team.

Game 7 of the World Series decided in extras that I'm not even mad about, a record 22-game win streak, 2 Cy Young awards, 3 straight Division Titles; it's been one hell of a run.

"My" team has battled all year to claw back from a 12.5 game deficit in the division and still sit just a half game out of the Wild Card despite being riddled with injury so I'm not ready to eulogize them just yet. On the other hand, it's been rookies or guys seeing their first full year in the Bigs like Beiber, Mercado, Civale, Plutko and Plesac carrying the water while the big names have been out. So maybe it won't be that long at all till the next great run starts.

Either way, it's been one hell of a fun season, and I'm looking forward to the last two weeks of it. What a great game this is.

Major League put Tribe BB on the map to the masses so to speak. And Cleveland being Cleveland in sports, sports fans may possibly have a soft spot for the underdog. I am hypothesizing it.
    If Kip can still play, carry on. If not, that's a bummer cuz he seemed like a baller which I respect.
    But overall, no we don't care.

Side note: Injuries aside, the Tribe are still trying to compete. Not rolling over like the fucking Sox. I am getting kinda pissed the way this season is playing out.
    And no, I don't expect you to care about that.

But this season did have it's bright spots:
    Guerin Austin
    @guerinaustin
    Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers are the first teammates in
    @MLB history with 30+ HR and 50+ doubles each in the same season. -per
    @SoxNotes

NESN always has the babes. Whoever is in charge of hiring them should get a raise.

Left side of the infield is really something. Both guys but Devers is a kid, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Left side of the infield is really something. Both guys but Devers is a kid, amazing.
    gonna be interesting to see if they can keep them both with the $$ mess they are in.

Hope all the Yankees fans stayed up as late as me watching the Dodgers and Rays go extras. Didnt mind the loss as much knowing it annoyed them.

The pitching by committee approach on the other hand pisses me off.
    Pick a starter, let hm go till he cant relieve. throwing 11 pitchers at a game just blows up the bullpen.

Fortunately they signed Bogaerts to what now feels like a team-friendly deal. He’s been the force we all hoped he could be since then.

Will be interested to see if Devers ends up with Betts-level money. I personally think Devers is a better hitter.

Pick a starter, let hm go till he cant relieve. throwing 11 pitchers at a game just blows up the bullpen.
    Roberts is looking at these games as exhibition games now. He’s just trying to put different pitchers into different situations to see what they can do. It’s basically a 2 week tryout for the playoff roster at this point. Can’t really blame him, but it does make for long games.

Woodsy, who do you think is going to be our closer in October? I’m thinking Kenley may have lost the job last night. That made 8 blown saves this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Fortunately they signed Bogaerts to what now feels like a team-friendly deal. He’s been the force we all hoped he could be since then.

Will be interested to see if Devers ends up with Betts-level money. I personally think Devers is a better hitter.
    His bat has been a beautiful thing this year. And he should obviously get better. Gun to my head, I'll take Mookie...or maybe X.
    gonna be interesting to see if they can keep them both with the $$ mess they are in.

Hope all the Yankees fans stayed up as late as me watching the Dodgers and Rays go extras. Didnt mind the loss as much knowing it annoyed them.

40 man rosters make it nice to see up and coming talent, but I don't want to see 2-3 relievers in one half of the 11th inning with teams both out of contention. Wrap it up, it's bedtime!

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Roberts is looking at these games as exhibition games now. He’s just trying to put different pitchers into different situations to see what they can do. It’s basically a 2 week tryout for the playoff roster at this point. Can’t really blame him, but it does make for long games.

Woodsy, who do you think is going to be our closer in October? I’m thinking Kenley may have lost the job last night. That made 8 blown saves this year.
    Oh I get it, but saying point blank that May, Gonsolin or Stripling need to get used to coming out of the pen as none of them will be starting in October seems foolish. Our 1-2-3 is fantastic, just tell em to be ready for anything. Any of the 3 could be the 4th, unless he knows something about Hill we dont.

Dont think we will have a "closer" per se. It is going to be situational I believe. Save situations are not Kenleys forte anymore.

Kelly if I had to pick one.
    Dudes terrifying. touches 100+ not afraid to come in at the chin, has that stuttering leg kick that fucks with your timing. Post season proven. as long as he can through strikes hes my man