Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    How can you fire the guy 1 season removed from a championship?
    because they are a huge payroll, paying luxury tax, they have a depleted farm system they used to get to last years super team and they are not going to make playoffs this year. Next few years will be difficult to negotiate for the Sox and having a ALL IN WIN NOW guy isnt what they need.

Say what you will about the Dodgers payroll, the way they have brought up Rookie, after Rookie, after rookie on both sides of the plate this year that deliver shows they are working towards the future. Sox are a win now team thats not winning, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    because they are a huge payroll, paying luxury tax, they have a depleted farm system they used to get to last years super team and they are not going to make playoffs this year. Next few years will be difficult to negotiate for the Sox and having a ALL IN WIN NOW guy isnt what they need.

Say what you will about the Dodgers payroll, the way they have brought up Rookie, after Rookie, after rookie on both sides of the plate this year that deliver shows they are working towards the future. Sox are a win now team thats not winning, now.
    Haven’t the Sawx always been a team that wins the World Series and then the wheels always fall off the following year? I just thought that was the expected cycle?

Haven’t the Sawx always been a team that wins the World Series and then the wheels always fall off the following year? I just thought that was the expected cycle?
    that does seem to have been a trend but the sheer size of $ involved at the moment and they my have to shop 2 of their best players to be able to get under the luxury tax is daunting.

Or maybe he was banging an intern, who knows

How can you fire the guy 1 season removed from a championship?
    He totally fucked them by not getting any new arms both in the off season and the trade deadline. They knew the bullpen sucked from day one and DD didn’t do anything about it.

Or maybe he was banging an intern, who knows
    Or this

To me, the pen's not as bad as people think. I like a few of those guys pretty well. Sale and Price have 13 wins between them. 15 more and we're not having this conversation is the way I look at it. Not hating on those guys but the numbers don't lie.

MLB Thread 2019

Yeah, fair enough, but they have like what? 20 or 25 blown saves? Half that number and they are in the playoffs too.

Can't say you're wrong. More wins from starters, less blown saves, we needed at least one of those.

2019 14-5 Yanks. Fuck. But props.

Polar Bear mashing 47 as of today. 2 vs D-Backs. Leading MLB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Ice beat me to it
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's really pretty amazing considering the injuries.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Congrats Dodgers, 2019 NL champs.
    7 years running, not impressed.

Man I wish we played the Orioles more often, we would have even better numbers.
    Sucks about Yellich. Hate seeing a player go down, no mater who.

Losing two major bats and excellent fielders in Jose Ramirez and Tyler Naquin this month to season-ending injury, coupled with the likelihood that Cy Kluber won't make it back this year has me nearly resigned to defeat.

That said, I'm over here analyzing the remaining schedule, looking at W-L columns, tiebreakers and magic numbers...
    I still call it The Jake.

Sucks about Yellich. Hate seeing a player go down, no mater who.
    Oh man I didn't know about Yelich until right now, that's rough. Fouled it off his kneecap, ouch. Kind of amazing he could walk off the field under his own power.

And congrats Dodgers, it's impressive to me at least. Maybe this is the year they seal the deal.

7 straight is damn impressive. I'm no Dodger fan, but that's nothing to sneeze at.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah looking at it again, it is impressive. Just want a ring.
    Plus dont see us slowing down.
    2015 rookie Joc Pederson ( all star)
    2016 rookie Corey Seager ( all star, back from injury, putting up great #s)
    2017 rookie Bellinger MVP candidate
    2018 Walker Buehler 13-3, ERA of 3, 200+ Ks
    2019- too many to count Will Smith Verdugo, May, Consolin , minor league player of the year Gavin Lux...

This goes back to why the Sox fired their GM. As mentioned in the first post last years Red Sox were one of the best teams I ever saw, and I saw them a lot. That team was a motherfucker, and they are done.

Now look at what the Yankees, Astros, and Dodgers have done the last few years ( not to mention the Braves, Tribe, Twins, just focusing on the 3 best teams in baseball here for a point) They just keep bringing up guys that can throw or hit, it seems never ending. They Yankees should be in the shittter with their injuries, but the farm system saved them. The Astros just keep pulling people up that can play right now at the major league level. Dodgers, see above. Red Sox look at that and what they have the next few years and see a new start is needed.

Ice who are we rooting for now? Cleveland if they get in? Oakland? Atlanta?
    Decisions Decisions

If I was a dead neutral or my team was out of it I would pull for the As. Fun team.
    Of course I am a bit biased as Arty has been interlacing A's support ( he goes a lot) into our normal Dodgers texts

and pitching takes a holiday in the al west, Astros last 3 games:

sunday: 21-1 over M's
    Monday: 15-0 over A's
    Tuesday: lost 21-7 to A's

over 60 runs in 3 days, judas.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    and pitching takes a holiday in the al west, Astros last 3 games:

sunday: 21-1 over M's
    Monday: 15-0 over A's
    Tuesday: lost 21-7 to A's

over 60 runs in 3 days, judas.
    “It’s a f—ing joke,” said Verlander. “Major League Baseball’s turning this game into a joke. They own Rawlings, and you’ve got Manfred up here saying it might be the way they center the pill. They own the f—ing company. If any other $40 billion company bought out a $400 million company and the product changed dramatically, it’s not a guess as to what happened. We all know what happened. Manfred the first time he came in, what’d he say? He said we want more offense. All of a sudden he comes in, the balls are juiced? It’s not coincidence. We’re not idiots.”

When asked specifically if he believes baseballs are being juiced, Verlander was quick to voice his confident opinion.

“Yes. 100 percent. They’ve been using juiced balls in the Home Run Derby forever. They know how to do it. It’s not coincidence. I find it really hard to believe that Major League Baseball owns Rawlings and just coincidentally the balls become juiced.”

7 years running, not impressed.
    That's almost as good as the 90's Braves (minus one championship and the stupid chant).
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Ice who are we rooting for now? Cleveland if they get in? Oakland? Atlanta?
    Not Atlanta. I think Cleveland but it looks kinda doubtful and even if they do get in they've got some issues but I'd root for them. The A's I hardly know anything about but I'd be willing to consider Woodsy's advice.

Rooted in Oakland. Let's go A's!

Ice, pay attention to Matt Chapman of the A’s and you’ll start to be a fan. e.g.
    https://theathletic.com/988537/2019/...rs-dee-gordon/
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Oakland it is. Let’s gooooo
    Decisions Decisions