Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    yankee fans throwing water bottles and baseballs on the field in the eighth inning... classy
    Agreed, no class. Shitty call, they couldn't get right on replay. They must have hired Stevie Wonder to do the reviews.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

games off
    "Some times you win, some times you lose, sometimes it rains"
    Name:  CJD Baseball.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  187.7 KB

Sparkling infield play from the Yanks tonight.

CC looked like he was in real pain there.what a mess

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sparkling infield play from the Yanks tonight.
    And again. Four infield errors now. Unbelievable

Not quite ready for prime time. They'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    CC looked like he was in real pain there.what a mess
    Why was he pitching?

Yankees and Dodgers both have multi million dollar bullpens but choose to roll out their still OK but over the hill starters in relief. Unbelievable. Its not analytics ruining the game its sentiment

I never got this CC love, especially this maudlin farewell tour bullshit. He was great young, never lived up to it with the Yankees. Just wrong that a player accepts that much money for a contract and can't stay in shape. Christ, the fat billowing out over his belt is gross. Too bad, could have been a great one, if he laid off the burgers and booze. But, we'll be hearing the HOF cheerleaders from the same NY fans and media who lionize him now.
    I totally lost my little respect for him when he pulled that I gotta go to rehab shit right before the playoffs in '15. https://nypost.com/2015/10/06/the-we...as-rehab-stay/ I mean, what the fuck? And people love this guy? Why?

Sentiment sells a lot of merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I never got this CC love, especially this maudlin farewell tour bullshit. He was great young, never lived up to it with the Yankees. Just wrong that a player accepts that much money for a contract and can't stay in shape. Christ, the fat billowing out over his belt is gross. Too bad, could have been a great one, if he laid off the burgers and booze. But, we'll be hearing the HOF cheerleaders from the same NY fans and media who lionize him now.
    I totally lost my little respect for him when he pulled that I gotta go to rehab shit right before the playoffs in '15. https://nypost.com/2015/10/06/the-we...as-rehab-stay/ I mean, what the fuck? And people love this guy? Why?

Sentiment sells a lot of merchandise.
    Farewell tours are annoying but you would have preferred he pulled a Tyler Skaggs and choked on his own vomit because he was better as a young pitcher? Everyone in the game loves him. And basically no one lives up to long term contracts, the hunger to be the best is extinguished when you get the huge contract or you have to deal with injuries, age, and league adjustments.

I'm a little disappointed to watch the wheels come off yet again in October. The crappy play, the rust on Encarnacion and Hicks, Stanton standing down with yet another injury... what the fuck is with these guys? They had so many chances to put the Astros to bed in every game so far and they're just choking, but the Astros are a better team and Hinch is a way better manager than Boone. That guy looks completely clueless and overmatched.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Mau View Post
    FOX and the MLB brass both thought they were going to have a dream Series with the two largest markets in the country - Los Angeles and New York City.

And they end up with Houston and DC...

was hoping for a Houston st. louis but the cards got steamrolled. oh well, at least the nats/expos have never been there before and if the nats win; i'm going to stay I cannot believe the astros lost to the expos.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Farewell tours are annoying but you would have preferred he pulled a Tyler Skaggs and choked on his own vomit because he was better as a young pitcher? Everyone in the game loves him. And basically no one lives up to long term contracts, the hunger to be the best is extinguished when you get the huge contract or you have to deal with injuries, age, and league adjustments.

I'm a little disappointed to watch the wheels come off yet again in October. The crappy play, the rust on Encarnacion and Hicks, Stanton standing down with yet another injury... what the fuck is with these guys? They had so many chances to put the Astros to bed in every game so far and they're just choking, but the Astros are a better team and Hinch is a way better manager than Boone. That guy looks completely clueless and overmatched.
    They're out pitched.

And dealing with age is a lot better with forty less pounds on you. Believe me, I know. Get with the program and get in shape. Christ, you're a professional athlete, paid handsomely for the gig. You'll have forty years of comfortable leisure time to get fat, if that's what you want.

Boone sucks. I don't get that, either.

baseball in these temps blows.

Yankee's post seasonName:  Hindenburg_disaster.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  91.5 KB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Jeez, it's not that bad. We're not the Cardinals.

The network ratings people will not be happy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Fuck Fox.

Shaping up

Ok, maybe a little flash here!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

This is the bullshit that the Yankees put out on FB. Gag me.

^^^ Lol Yankees fan here and I don't disagree

Got lucky AF tonight

CC's a class act. You guys just happened to pay a shit ton of money for his declining years.

Good on him for putting staying alive in front of playoff glory. Not sure I understand your comment Ben.
    I still call it The Jake.

Mantle would have sucked it up and gone out there and hit five homers on a hangover.

A "class act" doesn't get fat and drink himself into rehab right before the playoffs. Wait a month for that shit. You'll have all winter to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^^^ Lol Yankees fan here and I don't disagree

Got lucky AF tonight
    That wasn't luck. That was awesome pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That wasn't luck. That was awesome pitching.
    The luck was tagging Verlander.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Motherfuckin Altuve!!!

Good job astros!