Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

"That one I wish common sense prevails," Hinch said. "Because I actually side with Turner on this one, that I didn't think that he was getting in the way of anything. It was an errant throw."

Quote Originally Posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    It was a less than stellar throw, and luckily it didn't make the difference in the game. BUT- if he had not been to the left of the baseline, the catch probably would have been held, so . . .

Here's a story about it, saying it's a "dumb rule." But what should be the rule then- that you CAN run to the left of the baseline? It's an imperfect situation because the rule gives the runner precious wiggle room to get to the base in the last step (like what if the last step is with your right foot), but not sure what the solution is. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-dumb-r...-world-series/

Actually, maybe a new line on the left of the baseline that lines up with the bag?
    Double bag ala softball. It’s the only base you can run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hoping the road team takes every game this series.
    Likewise, but this WS is already a freak of an anomaly...

From Fox Sports:

Weird? That’s not even the half of it. Across baseball, the NBA and the NHL, there have been 1,042 series that have gone to a Game 7. Never before — not one single time — have all six games leading up to the final showdown been won by the road team.

So it's a record that will probably stand for eternity if the Nat's take this one.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I was wondering about that. Thanks for doing my research for me!

And keep hanging around btw. And get Novak and Cote to come back, if you have any pull.

Novak's busy posting pics of his dog on insta I know but you'd think he could find a minute for us now that he's retired and rich. Fucker.

Hah, thx... but it might be easier to win a WS.

I'm afraid you'll just have to come ski Magic this winter if you want to see them... which is not a bad thing!

Yeah fuck that.

Actually I'm a huge Magic fan, just playing.

You should've held out... I was going to offer to throw in free eels.

But we definitely need a winter outing this year.

And Go F'n Nat's!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADBEDB26-B060-4496-81ED-5640DB76212B_1_102_o.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	300291

In other news, Josh Hamilton story getting sadder.
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/f...jury-to-child/
    Former big-league outfielder Josh Hamilton was arrested on Wednesday on a third-degree felony charge for causing injury to a child -- his daughter. Hamilton turned himself in to authorities during the afternoon at the Tarrant County Courthouse in Fort Worth, Texas, per CBS 11.
    According to Tom Steele of the Dallas Morning News, the allegations against Hamilton -- dating back to late September -- are exhaustive. They include him throwing a water bottle at one of his daughters, yanking a chair out from beneath her before throwing it at her, carrying and throwing her down on a bed, pinning her down by the head and striking her legs, ripping her sweatshirt, and later telling her "I hope you go in front of the [expletive] Judge and tell him what a terrible dad I am so I don't have to see you anymore." Hamilton's ex-wife, Katie, is said to have sought a protective order on behalf of the daughter against Hamilton earlier this month.
    Per Jason Allen of CBS 11, Hamilton's bond was set at $35,000 and one of the conditions was for him to not have contact with his daughter, or with any child under the age of 17 years old.

Dude's got goofy looking facial hair, but damn, he's hit another one.

!!!!!

FKNA

Oh, snap .

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Former big-league outfielder Josh Hamilton was arrested on Wednesday on a third-degree felony charge for causing injury to a child -- his daughter. Hamilton turned himself in to authorities during the afternoon at the Tarrant County Courthouse in Fort Worth, Texas, per CBS 11.
    According to Tom Steele of the Dallas Morning News, the allegations against Hamilton -- dating back to late September -- are exhaustive. They include him throwing a water bottle at one of his daughters, yanking a chair out from beneath her before throwing it at her, carrying and throwing her down on a bed, pinning her down by the head and striking her legs, ripping her sweatshirt, and later telling her "I hope you go in front of the [expletive] Judge and tell him what a terrible dad I am so I don't have to see you anymore." Hamilton's ex-wife, Katie, is said to have sought a protective order on behalf of the daughter against Hamilton earlier this month.
    Per Jason Allen of CBS 11, Hamilton's bond was set at $35,000 and one of the conditions was for him to not have contact with his daughter, or with any child under the age of 17 years old.
    Obviously I have no idea what went on, but there's two sides to every story. I'd bet there's layers to this.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Obviously I have no idea what went on, but there's two sides to every story. I'd bet there's layers to this.
    I believe in the three-side theory, but his past makes it more two sided as his side isn't going to matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    As a parent it was hard reading a more detailed piece on this earlier today. Like too many before him, he’s gone. I hope he gets the help he needs but he needs to be kept the fuck away from his kids.
    I still call it The Jake.

Always pulled for the guy, even in his troubled years. But at this stage it's time to get help or get fucked.

I saw him for a bit in Cincinnati, when it was a loosely held secret that the manager, Jerry Narron, had assigned his brother as Josh’s 24/7 keeper. I’m hard pressed to think of an area more hard hit by the opiate crisis than southern Ohio/Northern KY/WestVa, so it was easy to root for the guy as a role model to those dealing with addiction there.

Apparently nope.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I saw him for a bit in Cincinnati, when it was a loosely held secret that the manager, Jerry Narron, had assigned his brother as Josh’s 24/7 keeper. I’m hard pressed to think of an area more hard hit by the opiate crisis than southern Ohio/Northern KY/WestVa, so it was easy to root for the guy as a role model to those dealing with addiction there.

Apparently nope.
    And other places as well. See: Angels (and who knows where else...everywhere?).

For some reason I think of Hamilton through a lens that has Chris Herren in it. Herren- you probably don't even know the name- was the greatest thing in hoops in this area, like, ever. He's from 5 miles up the road from where I sit right now. Guy turned down Kentucky and Duke to stay local at BC. Amazing, amazing basketball player. Went to the Celtics. A great guy who couldn't stop fucking up to save his life. Until he finally did.

As a person who has had struggles in that general substance area, I like the Chris Herren story (he seemingly has it together these days) and I want the Josh Hamilton story to follow the same arc. Whether it will is an open question.

So I root for him, right or wrong I do.

Back to the game...

PHACK YEAH!

Congrats to the Nats

I’ll volunteer to comfort Kate.

Someone’s got to.

And congrats to former Tribesmen Toaster Strubal and Yan Gomes!

Props Nats. Showed a lot of heart.