Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    it's common in US pro-sports because there's no relegation. Fuck up continuously for decades a la Mets or Redskins and nothing happens. Introduce relegation, something that can crush the finances of a team and eventually drive it out of business, and management/ownership sometimes wakes the fuck up.
    Where would you have the Mets get relagated to, Mexico?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Where would you have the Mets get relagated to, Mexico?
    Those hombres would likely fare pretty well against em.

Can you imagine how relegation would effect stadium deals across the country?
    I still call it The Jake.

That's too bad but not uncommon in most organizations, Mets nonwithstanding. There's an old saying in MiLB that on every team there are 5 prospects and then 20 other guys for them to throw the ball to. He was probably a really good ballplayer but if you're one of the 20, its not much fun.
    Yep, he was doing great his first year in high A finish at .317. In the off season, his agent decided he needed to bulk up. Added 20 pounds of muscle and changed his swing. When he didn't go to AA and stayed in high A, I knew it wasn't good. He struggled starting his second year in high A, then came on in the end. Playing time started decreasing. They brought up a catcher that bumped him. Promised he was a 5 day a week player, which didn't happen, then got stuck in the DH spot. Handwriting was on the wall.

He batted for average and didn't have many HR's. Everyone now wants longball hitters, and there are tons of them available.

As far as the daughter goes. Glad she pulled the plug when she did. She is a quick study. He was struggling with where he was in life, became a control freak. She was getting ready to start PA school. No debt, no property, no kids. All good. Wedding was a great party though!!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can you imagine how relegation would effect stadium deals across the country?
    It would open up more time slots for monster truck events and pro lacrosse?

It would open up more time slots for monster truck events and pro lacrosse?
    And Icer Air

Yeah didn’t they kill a guy in Chavez a year or so back for wearing a Giants jersey?
    Let’s not get carried away now. I’m pretty sure he was only disabled for life. Jokes aside that was pretty fucked up and his assailants ended up in prison.

The wild card games were fun and all, but the real postseason starts today. On paper the Dodgers should easily handle this series, but baseball is baseball so you never know. I was a little surprised to see Beuhler get the nod for game 1. He’s definitely got the highest ceiling, but hasn’t been as consistent as Ryu and Kershaw. If he’s on I’m expecting a low scoring game tonight. I just hope the Dodgers can be patient and get into that shitty bullpen the Nats have.

Let’s Go Dodgers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    too bad the mets won’t be good until mlb fires the wilpon’s.
    they may be good. It's just that all good for that team comes in spite of the Wilpons, not because of them. The Wilpons do suck.

But truthfully, there are worse things than being a Mets fan. They've won a couple of championships in my lifetime, and made the playoffs a handful of other times. A bunch of teams have longer current playoff droughts. And a bunch have longer championship droughts, including some that have never won. And I'd rather be a fan of the losing dysfunctional Mets than a Yankees fan.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

ok, hope your guys go far in.... charity golf!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

We're gonna kill it on the Pro-Am circuit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wow...good first game
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Let’s not get carried away now. I’m pretty sure he was only disabled for life. Jokes aside that was pretty fucked up and his assailants ended up in prison.

The wild card games were fun and all, but the real postseason starts today. On paper the Dodgers should easily handle this series, but baseball is baseball so you never know. I was a little surprised to see Beuhler get the nod for game 1. He’s definitely got the highest ceiling, but hasn’t been as consistent as Ryu and Kershaw. If he’s on I’m expecting a low scoring game tonight. I just hope the Dodgers can be patient and get into that shitty bullpen the Nats have.

Let’s Go Dodgers!!!
    https://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    My daughter dated and married a fellow who was with the Mets.
    I briefly dated ex-wife of former Met, Kevin Elster, when I was living in Los Angeles, Mexico a few years ago. She drove a Bently.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wedding was a great party though!!
    Why the fuck weren't we fucking invited?!

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Let’s Go Dodgers!!!
    iVamos Doyers!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    A's coach was lamenting on a one game playoff, he coach; you just played 162 games. if you wanted to stay out of a one game playoff; you shoulda won your division with those 162 chances you had to do that.
    You may be misunderstanding the finances of Oak vs Hou, especially when Hou is in go-for-it mode.

Well that was entertaining.

Still not sure why Keuchel was pulled so early. I’ll have to listen to post game stuff now I’m home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EADC16AF-B830-484E-8E3C-D2246AE8EE8A.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	672.0 KB 
ID:	296363

Dodgers have so many weapons

1 down 10 to go.

You guys got this! It's in the bag, man!

That's the Dodger fan cockyness that's gonna make the imminent fail soooooo sweet!

Well that was entertaining.

Still not sure why Keuchel was pulled so early. I’ll have to listen to post game stuff now I’m home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EADC16AF-B830-484E-8E3C-D2246AE8EE8A.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	672.0 KB 
ID:	296363
    It was a bit of a weird game. But damn if Suntrust isn't a fine venue. Wish I could make it to a game this fall.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

that's 2 ex-Giant relievers (Strickland, Melancon) shitting the bed last night, hopefully not a 3rd (Romo) today.... anti-jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    It was a bit of a weird game. But damn if Suntrust isn't a fine venue. Wish I could make it to a game this fall.
    It really is a fantastic park. I love the led lights that they cam dim, pulse and change colors. Lots of well-thought details throughout that make the fan experience that much better, not the least of which is the entire Battery development that surrounds the park.

It really is a fantastic park. I love the led lights that they cam dim, pulse and change colors. Lots of well-thought details throughout that make the fan experience that much better, not the least of which is the entire Battery development that surrounds the park.
    I need to get down and watch a game from the pool deck at the Omni there.

Is it better than the Jake?

Is it better than the Jake?
    No. Not even close.

The Jake is a monument to baseball as it should be. It represents everything that is great about the game and provides a bridge to the past and such icons as Wrigley and Fenway and a standard against which all future parks are measured.

SunTrust is an iPad Pro. The Jake is the National Cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    You guys got this! It's in the bag, man!

That's the Dodger fan cockyness that's gonna make the imminent fail soooooo sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mad, bro. It's just sports hate. The Dodgers have been a great source of schadenfreude for me the last few years and I fully expect them keep on giving.

Damn I miss Obama.