Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

https://atmlb.com/30QDpK3

Mike Trout, good at baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    And those Os are about to get spanked by the D backs.

The Dodgers are running away from the pack in their division and its full of good teams. The WORST team in the NL West is 5 games out of the wild card.
    The G men are coming at you! Sure, it's 14.5 back now. But then it's 10. Then 7. A little Dodger skid and all of the sudden it's 3.

Hey, a guy can dream. Much weirder things have happened in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That Yanks Twins game was some game last night....best baseball game I watched all year. Not the best played, but the back and forth was crazy.

Attachment 289294
    FKNA!!!!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    The G men are coming at you! Sure, it's 14.5 back now. But then it's 10. Then 7. A little Dodger skid and all of the sudden it's 3.

Hey, a guy can dream. Much weirder things have happened in baseball.
    They’re definitely rolling now, but I’m not too worried about them catching up in the division. The wildcard is in play though, and when you have the greatest World Series pitcher of all time, anything can happen in the playoffs.

This run puts the fo in a bind though. Are they still going to be sellers, or are they going to go all in on this year? I think they owe it to the fans and Bochy to keep their guys and make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    They’re definitely rolling now, but I’m not too worried about them catching up in the division. The wildcard is in play though, and when you have the greatest World Series pitcher of all time, anything can happen in the playoffs.

This run puts the fo in a bind though. Are they still going to be sellers, or are they going to go all in on this year? I think they owe it to the fans and Bochy to keep their guys and make a run.
    I agree. Bum is the big trade bait, but I don't think he has as much value people think. His numbers aren't great. If they had zero chance, then ya, move him and rebuild. But they have a chance and the fans are into it. Maybe move Dyson or Smith (hate to lose him though) and get another bat or starter and still go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

How many of those fucking world series fucking wins came when they were the fucking wild card? 2?
    Fucking Giants

That Yanks Twins game was some game last night....best baseball game I watched all year. Not the best played, but the back and forth was crazy.
    It was a great game, except for the blown call that would have ended the Yankees at bat in the eighth. What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    How many of those fucking world series fucking wins came when they were the fucking wild card? 2?
    Fucking Giants
    Woodsy's feeling the heat!

Just one. '14.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I agree. Bum is the big trade bait, but I don't think he has as much value people think. His numbers aren't great. If they had zero chance, then ya, move him and rebuild. But they have a chance and the fans are into it. Maybe move Dyson or Smith (hate to lose him though) and get another bat or starter and still go for it.
    His stats haven’t been great for the last few years, but I’d still love him in the playoffs. He’s kind of the reverse Kershaw that way.

Name:  IMG_1678.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  116.0 KB

Happy Jason Varitek day!!

“We don’t throw at .260 hitters,” is still one of the best sports quotes of all time.

Tribe has the best record in baseball since mid June. Really like this team, the way they’re playing and they’ve got two major SP’s yet to return. One with 2 Cy Young’s.

tmzSPN Suzyns really trying to justify the juiced ball tonight by cherry picking big power hitters in their “stats” for the nothing to see here graphics.

I’ve seen so many skinny guy one-handed long balls this week alone that makes me think Verlander and Bauer might be on to something.
    I still call it The Jake.

ATTENTION CHOWDS...TOMORROW IT’S ON...LIKE DONKEY FUCKING KONG

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Happy Jason Varitek day!!

“We don’t throw at .260 hitters,” is still one of the best sports quotes of all time.
    nobody says what?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    ATTENTION CHOWDS...TOMORROW IT’S ON...LIKE DONKEY FUCKING KONG
    Porcello is sporting an 11+ ERA in his last 4 starts. RS might want to give an extra 2 dozen baseballs to the ball boy tonight.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

@ml: 15 years in the bigs, 3 all star games, gold glove, 2 WS rings, not quite nobody.

Porcello is sporting an 11+ ERA in his last 4 starts....
    He's just about to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    @ml: 15 years in the bigs, 3 all star games, gold glove, 2 WS rings, not quite nobody.
    So a career .256 hitter lucky to be on a couple good teams in a big market that wanted to stuff some ballots taking ridiculous shots at the second best offensive player since Babe Ruth?

MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    So a career .256 hitter lucky to be on a couple good teams in a big market that wanted to stuff some ballots taking ridiculous shots at the second best doper since Babe Ruth?
    FIFY

Also, .256 is a pretty good career number for a catcher that could actually play defense. But Yanks fans haven’t ever seen one, so I guess we can give you a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    FIFY

Also, .256 is a pretty good career number for a catcher that could actually play defense.
    Come again? You need to get your eyes checked if you are comparing him to Pudge or Molina.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...01-field.shtml

Any Sox fan that says he would take Tek over Jorge is full of shit.

For heart and leadership I would. For skills not as much. Tek won at every level from Little League on up, I don't think you can discount that. It wouldn't be a complete snap decision.

12 plus years in the greater New York area with both teams being good and no Yanks v. Dodger series.
    Needs to happen this year

I will be the one in jail for pissing on one of the 35 Reggie Jackson murals in new Yankee stadium after we win

6 year old me needs more vengeance than 81 offered.

Looks like the Mets and Syndergaard are going to part ways before the deadline. He’s not been great this year, but I wonder how much of that is just being with such a shitty organization. Maybe a change of scenery would help.

A playoff rotation of Ryu, Buehler, Kershaw and Syndergaard would be pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Come again? You need to get your eyes checked if you are comparing him to Pudge or Molina.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...01-field.shtml

Any Sox fan that says he would take Tek over Jorge is full of shit.
    Nobody is calling him Pudge, but a GG means he could flash the leather a bit. Pitcher management is also a big thing that doesn’t show up in the stats line. There’s a reason Tek and David Ross had long careers.

Well, this is ugly