Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1849

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

severino getting stretched out: 5ip, 3h, 0bb, 9k

nice sendoff for CC. he might have something to offer the kids, the coaching staff can’t get any worse anyway.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Going yard. I was hoping it was just a fad, but every goddamn baseball announcer is now using the term. Fer fuck's sake.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Going yard. I was hoping it was just a fad, but every goddamn baseball announcer is now using the term. Fer fuck's sake.
    I feel like going yard was said a lot a few years ago and had moved on, but I guess with so many home runs these days they have to mix it up

Speaking of dingers, long flys, going yard, etc, pretty awesome watching the guy with the lowest ERA in baseball do this:
    https://www.mlb.com/video/hyun-jin-r...t=most-popular

Oppo
    I still call it The Jake.

Eckersley usually says "bridge" instead of yard for some reason, like "he went bridge".

Hopefully the Sox can help out the Tribe again tonight, I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Eckersley usually says "bridge" instead of yard for some reason, like "he went bridge".
    That makes no sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I feel like going yard was said a lot a few years ago and had moved on, but I guess with so many home runs these days they have to mix it up

Speaking of dingers, long flys, going yard, etc, pretty awesome watching the guy with the lowest ERA in baseball do this:
    https://www.mlb.com/video/hyun-jin-r...t=most-popular
    When you see Ryu "going yard" with a swing like that, something has to be done about the baseballs.

I like to stay tuned up as I play in a 30+ league and I'll go hit balls with my kid at our local field. I've got 4 MLB BP baseballs from this season in the bucket which compared to the mix of LL and BR baseballs, just seem to jump off the bat more. The seams are lower than the BR balls which helps them fly farther, but they also seem to be harder too.

Hopefully the Sox can help out the Tribe again tonight, I'm all for that.
    I am fully supportive of this, and appreciate the Sox recent efforts.

Probably came from softball. That term has been around for a bit if not used in BB already. Just never paid attention which is not uncommon.

does anyone think a player besides bellinger and bergman should pick up hardware for the season?

Marcus Semien has been getting some run but I haven't watched enough of either to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    does anyone think a player besides bellinger and bergman should pick up hardware for the season?
    Mike Trout would like to have a word with you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I pretty much only watch the Dodgers so I haven’t watched a ton of Astros games. But Trout leads Bregman in pretty much every old school and new school statistical category. He’s still by far the best player in the game. And even though I’m partial to Bellinger, I’m not sure Yelich didn’t have a better year.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    can you really be an mvp on a shit team? he’s probably already won like three times but to me the whole thing is tainted.

If there was a Best Player Award he'd win it, but I agree about MVP, hard to figure out how valuable you were to a team that sucked.

What is the story with the fans in Tampa? Team's fighting for its life and nobody's there.

edit: Less than 9,000 they just said. I don't get it.

What is the story with the fans in Tampa? Team's fighting for its life and nobody's there.

^^That must be a big place, there's about 30,000 people missing at the game.

^^That must be a big place, there's about 30,000 people missing at the game.
    i don’t know what’s wrong with the people in tampa but if they play 40 games at the stade olympique i would be super stoked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1686102001

MLB Thread 2019

The Trop being the goat of bad stadiums must have something to do with it. That place manages to make the televised experience worse, aside from the ball hitting the catwalks.

ETA it’s empty because the Sox aren’t relevant
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 09-23-2019 at 09:01 PM.

It must suck pretty bad.

Been to a game at the Trop. Not the worst stadium I’ve been to and St Petes is a rad town. Good and cheap beer in the stadium. Not sure why people don’t go.

MLB Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Been to a game at the Trop. Not the worst stadium I’ve been to and St Petes is a rad town. Good and cheap beer in the stadium. Not sure why people don’t go.
    What pro stadium have you been to that’s worse than the Trop? Worst I’ve been to that’s still in use is the Oakland Coliseum, but I haven’t been to many stadiums. Foxboro was a dump.

I think it’s just the state of baseball. Meanwhile it’s hard to get a ticket to see the Lightning play these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    What pro stadium have you been to that’s worse than the Trop? Worst I’ve been to that’s still in use is the Oakland Coliseum, but I haven’t been to many stadiums. Foxboro was a dump.

I think it’s just the state of baseball. Meanwhile it’s hard to get a ticket to see the Lightning play these days.
    Yeah, Oakland is def worse. I had decent seats at the Trop, so the game action was fine. Certainly isn’t as nice as some newer stadiums, but I think it would be ok if there were actually people there

When I was a kid I got to go see baseball played in the worst stadium the game was ever played in before they tore it down:

Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

Built in 1930 in an attempt to land the 1932 Summer Games, it became a quaint space for 80,000 people to take in a game.

Granted, it was usually just you and 2,300 other fans, the echoes were so resonant that you could hear the beer vendor across the field telling his customer how many Blatzes he’s snuck that day, and you were always, always, stuck behind some giant iron pole.

The Trop is a modern day colosseum by comparison.