Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Maybe the real Bambino curse is that no Sox player will ever live up to their potential once they go to the Yankees ever again?

As a young person, I like the shift. But I also like cricket from time to time, so I take it for what it's worth.

boggs was pretty good. damon fine but over paid.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Youkilis was just kinda sad but it was only one year.

Babe Ruth did okay though.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...became-yankees

I had forgotten that Luis went there. Sparky Lyle did pretty good in pinstripes though.

What kind of a name is "Sparky" though?

There are more on that list than I remembered.

CC announced he is going to retire after 2019

METS!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What kind of a name is "Sparky" though?
    Better than maulie
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Not your strongest work.

They're replaying game 1 of the ALDS (vs.the nemesis) on NESN right now, it's a pleasure. Brain candy. Git sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    CC announced he is going to retire after 2019
    Didnt realize he had been so good for so long. 3rd all time lefty for Ks? thats an impressive list.
    Nice guy, another example for me of hate the team but like the player.

he had some rough years professionally and personally, it would be great to see him send it out on a high note. i remember when cleveland had him and bartolo at the top of the rotation, it was like big pun and fat joe. those guys combined for a ton of wins and k’s over their careers.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Another reason to dislike modern pro sports. This retirement tour shit. Hey, if you're a superstar like Lindsey Vonn or Brady if he announces soon, I kinda get it, but CC has been meh for years now, and he thinks he's worthy of a season long goodbye love fest. Good pitcher, but, c'mon. Just quit and go away with your bags of money.

Machado to Padres....30 mil a year for 10 years. Glad the Yankees did not encumber the team with that. Would rather pay for pitching and let the young guys develop. Gonna have to pay Judge, et al, in a couple of years,
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Another reason to dislike modern pro sports. This retirement tour shit. Hey, if you're a superstar like Lindsey Vonn or Brady if he announces soon, I kinda get it, but CC has been meh for years now, and he thinks he's worthy of a season long goodbye love fest. Good pitcher, but, c'mon. Just quit and go away with your bags of money.
    CC has actually been pretty good the last 3 years, he was meh in his early 30s. And he's second on the active wins list, with 246 wins. I don't see any issue with announcing now.

There are tons of reasons to hate pro sports, and to hate the Yankees, but this isn't one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Machado to Padres....30 mil a year for 10 years. Glad the Yankees did not encumber the team with that. Would rather pay for pitching and let the young guys develop. Gonna have to pay Judge, et al, in a couple of years,
    Holy shit! 300 million! What the fucking fuck. And he's probably on the downslope. Now, that's a good reason to hate modern sports. That's fucking ridiculous.

He's 26 and on the downslope? Man, I'm fucked.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah say what?

I like Machado for 10 years 300 mill better than Harper for the same money.
    Live Free or Die

It’s just bonkers to me that Machado is commanding the same $ as Harper. He’s talented but a head case, and didn’t perform well in the playoffs.

Harper isn’t like some college headed veteran either, but he looks like ghandi compared to Machado.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s just bonkers to me that Machado is commanding the same $ as Harper. He’s talented but a head case, and didn’t perform well in the playoffs.

Harper isn’t like some college headed veteran either, but he looks like ghandi compared to Machado.
    except Machado has been way more consistent.

Really? I guess that surprises me but I’m not really up in his career stats line.

Harpers numbers are skewed cause he’s had years where nobody will pitch to him cause the rest of his team is so shitty

Noone should get 10 years, its why they havent been signed.
    Padres have a lot of good young talent and a killer farm system, will be good around 2022/3. And then all those players will be looking for a home as Padres wont have $ to sign them...

Fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Holy shit! 300 million! What the fucking fuck. And he's probably on the downslope. Now, that's a good reason to hate modern sports. That's fucking ridiculous.
    Looked at in the whole, he's just bringing up the median salary a bit for all the 26 yr olds playing baseball for a living.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang