Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

Jesus wtf I shoulda kept my mouth shut. 8-6 Sox 2 outs 10th

edit: yikes. but a W. 8-6 Sox final.

Yanks still only get to bat 9, sometimes 8. Will be interesting to see how they slot everybody.
    But honestly, not really. I only watch them vs Sox.

MLB.tv has a fathers day special for $50 for the rest of the season so I broke down.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Seattle is paying a big chunk of Encarnacion's salary and Scherzer salary is > $25mm/year.
    Encarnacion is mostly a DH/1B and the Stanks already have Sanchez, Voit, and Frazier filling those roles well. Judge and Stanton will also be coming back soon. The power in that lineup is ridiculous, but their offense was clicking without the all or nothing big boys playing. Encarnacion is another of those.

They really need an ace, so maybe they're building up for a trade for Scherzer or another.
    Frazier’s days in the Bronx are definitely drawing to an end with the new pickup, which I’m a little bummed about. Hopefully whoever they add to the rotation will be worth it.

Frazier got optioned to 3a today. Gotta be tough on a guy hitting 285/333/522, and on pace for 20+ jacks. I hope they keep him.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Devers has quietly evolved into one of the best-fielding 3B's in baseball. He's good with the hot shots. And with the shift on, it's become important for the 3B to have range and he does. Last 2 games he's demonstrated the value.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Devers has quietly evolved into one of the best-fielding 3B's in baseball. He's good with the hot shots. And with the shift on, it's become important for the 3B to have range and he does. Last 2 games he's demonstrated the value.
    Noticed he has been losing some of his baby fat. Saw an article this weekend about his "sneaky speed". Didn't get back to read it though. 3b has been solved finally.

From tonight:
    https://twitter.com/redsoxstats/stat...87450031345664
    Last edited by SkiBall; 06-17-2019 at 08:31 PM.

And he hit the furthest opposite field home run ever measured by statcast

MLB Thread 2019

Bogaerts is a monster this year.

Not trying to rain on Rafy’s parade, I love the guy- but isn’t Devers still the kind of player who will make a couple awesome plays on the hot corner and drop a routine pop up in the same night? He still leads the AL for errors third, but I feel like a lot of those were early on in the season and he’s lost another 15 lbs since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    And he hit the furthest opposite field home run ever measured by statcast
    One of my favorite stats. What was the launch angle on that??

Yanks hit a bad skid dropping 8 of 10 or something but if they can put some W's up with this battered staff against the Rays and Astros I'll be pretty happy.

I think the game last night by Tanaka was the best he's pitched since coming over from Japan, I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher go yard.

9IP 2H 10K 1BB
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Is that true? I haven't looked recently, but last I checked I thought he was still pretty high in terms of E's. Have always liked the kid, though.

edit: just saw SJ mention that he still leads the league for 3B E's, so I'm wondering if ice is making the point based on what he's seeing recently, or if you look at the stats for the past month or something if he's better than he was. I've seen him make some really tough plays, but he also makes a lot of mistakes (which I think is to be expected at his age).
    [quote][//quote]

that kid is only 22 and just about every team minus oakland would be stoked to have him, but his defense is nunez-esque right now

100% right, but he has been getting better defensively. And that bat...
    [quote][//quote]

It should be an arrestable offense to bat Taylor, Hernandez and Barnes back to back to back. Talk about a black hole in a lineup. It’s especially painful when their best catcher has now hit homers in 5 straight games in AAA, but they can’t find room for him in LA.

It's possible I got carried away about Devers a bit.

MLB Thread 2019

Don’t back off now. You were just getting on a roll!

Devers is def a work in progress defensively, but at least to my eye he looks way more solid than earlier in the year.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering. I think he has real potential, though--I mean, he does make a lot of really tough plays, he just also garbages up some easy ones. But I really think he's getting better, and again, that bat...
    [quote][//quote]

The ball just launches off his bat.

I’d like to think AC will help him continue to develop

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Seattle is paying a big chunk of Encarnacion's salary and Scherzer salary is > $25mm/year.
    Encarnacion is mostly a DH/1B and the Stanks already have Sanchez, Voit, and Frazier filling those roles well. Judge and Stanton will also be coming back soon. The power in that lineup is ridiculous, but their offense was clicking without the all or nothing big boys playing. Encarnacion is another of those.

They really need an ace, so maybe they're building up for a trade for Scherzer or another.
    Encarnacion doesn't strike out much and is a solid contact hitter and hits the long ball

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    The ball just launches off his bat.
    Its launching off everyone's bat. MLB musta had Rawlings change the cores or the windings or something.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Its launching off everyone's bat. MLB musta had Rawlings change the cores or the windings or something.
    absolutely

the ball is juiced

having pitchers that throw in the high 90s in every inning cant hurt

This is too good to fact check:
    https://www.nj.com/union/2019/06/ex-...heres-why.html

“Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s with his friend, a tag-team wrestler who goes by Sprinkles the Clown

He had accidentally thrown out his dentures, specially made with bone marrow and valued at $80,000.”

Hey it's Lenny Dykstra. Anything is possible.

There's video, of course:

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/lenny-...sing-dentures/

Time has not been kind to Mr. Dykstra.

I don't get it. I eat bone marrow all the time and it's like meat butter. No clue how checking that box is some kind of luxury upgrade when ordering your new dentures.

The rest of it seems to check out though. Sprinkles the Clown and whatnot.
    I still call it The Jake.