Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Drove around all day yesterday Venmoing & doing curbside pick ups....back in business, stoked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6136.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	572.3 KB 
ID:	323057

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6137.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	769.0 KB 
ID:	323058
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Drove around all day yesterday Venmoing & doing curbside pick ups....back in business, stoked.
    sick!
    Is that preacher curl attachment by the dumbells?!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    sick!
    Is that preacher curl attachment by the dumbells?!
    Yes sir, and I picked up a curl/easy bar that is in the weight tree rack.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

I was already out after blowing my knee up. I was thinking in about a week I could roll gently again with select partners. Not happening.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

That easy curl bar is the best for triceps. According to Rippetoe
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

nice.
    I do mine with a 2X standing - not ideal.

and yea, +1 skullcrackers are the jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I was already out after blowing my knee up. I was thinking in about a week I could roll gently again with select partners. Not happening.
    sucks man. at least we're all in the same boat huh?

I have the Weider 565 home gym in my basement. It has an olympic bar bench and rack system with cables and a curl bar. I have 300 lbs of plates, which is plenty for me. I did add a rope and single grip handle for cable attachments and also have two adjustable dumbbells. The set up isn't perfect as the bar holds are on the wrong side so I have face my legs toward the cables which makes bench pressing a tight fit. but at least I don't need a spotter. I don't use the leg lift attachment as i prefer other leg exercises.

I wish I had more weight for the dumbbells as they take 1-inch plates rather than the 2-inch olympic plates so I don't have enough weight for dumbbell press. To compensate I am doing one arm incline bench press and super setting with push ups.

For cardio I am using my P90X video set that Loon sent me a while back and videos at fitnessblender.com.

On my way to the Bjj Gym.

I'm getting a maddox... but the gym has closed forever.

I would rather have the gym back.

You fellas still training? Our classes are still plugging along, officially at 25% capacity.

We've had a couple kids come up positive, some parents being reckless. A couple members in the adult classes come up positive here and there, but no major outbreaks. There's a crew of about 6 of us that are the only real consistent regulars.

The purple belt I do 1-on-1 with knocked up his wife, so he's out. I'm trying to get in 3x a week, but rolling consistency through this pandemic has been tough.. 2 steps forward 1 step back. Was really hoping to step my game up this year, do a tournament (if they happen).
    north bound horse.

My school trains in three styles with one of them being a jiu jitsu style though it is not BJJ. We had promotions this morning. I think my grappling ability has taken a hit this past year as a lot of the higher level grapplers have left the dojo after we were forced to shut down for a while. I'm grappling with people that aren't pushing me as much as I'd like. That said my stand up sparring has gotten better as our stand up style (Wu Ying Tao) has brought in several new students with some being higher level from other styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I think my grappling ability has taken a hit this past year as a lot of the higher level grapplers have left the dojo after we were forced to shut down for a while. I'm grappling with people that aren't pushing me as much as I'd like.
    It's interesting how just getting worked on the ground has such a positive net effect. I can relate, we used to have a 265lb purple belt that just housed me over and over again .. When I got to a point that I could survive a reasonable amount of time, it made everyone else seem downright manageable.
    We've got another purple that's so technically solid .. Thankfully I've got a few weight classes on him, or he'd smash me even quicker.
    north bound horse.

I used to grapple with guy that is half my age, a good 6 inches taller, and likely has 50+ lbs. on me. I'm better technically, but with his size and the fact that he has wrestled most of his life he was able get into dominant positions quite often. I ended up playing a lot of defense while looking for opportunities. If we get the pandemic under control I'm thinking of joining a school that trains BJJ. I'm still going to stick with my current school as I love the stand up style of martial arts I train as well as Modern Arnis (stick fighting).

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I used to grapple with guy that is half my age, a good 6 inches taller, and likely has 50+ lbs. on me. I'm better technically, but with his size and the fact that he has wrestled most of his life he was able get into dominant positions quite often. I ended up playing a lot of defense while looking for opportunities. If we get the pandemic under control I'm thinking of joining a school that trains BJJ. I'm still going to stick with my current school as I love the stand up style of martial arts I train as well as Modern Arnis (stick fighting).
    I'd have to look up Arnis, don't know anything about it.

I like the idea of 'defend, escape, control, attack' just to keep in mind. Once defenses get stronger I start to see escapes, controls, and attacks. With higher belts, I know that I give up too many points and it takes me longer to identify what I need to do and transition - but survival is key. In submission matches points mean squat

Our stand-up is all Muay Thai, which I def enjoy - just not as much as the chess game on the ground.
    north bound horse.

you guys still training?
    my gym is still open, I'm training 4-5 hours a week. I've gone to a few tournaments, have a few coming up -- but I'm fearing we'll shut down again if plague numbers are still going up.
    north bound horse.

Still training around here. We've got a tournament in the next couple weeks though I'll be bird hunting so I'm not participating. I'm also heading down to Pennsylvania to our satellite school to test the instructor. I'm hoping we'll get to do more live stick sparring.