Mountain Collective 2018-2019?

With the announcement of Sun Valley/Snowbasin joining the Epic Pass for next year, that's another MC destination going Epic. From other threads, they had a booth at SIA show. Did they announce resorts for next year? I wonder how long it can keep going in the new world of Epic/Ikon passes. Personally, the MC meets my needs much more than either Ikon or Epic and I would love to see it come back with the same resorts as last year.

MC worked out great for my brother and I this winter. Already paid for and we still have two trips planned. However, I believe I am going Ikon Base if the rates, resorts, and blackouts stay the same. It's only $100 more, offers more coverage, and more days at the same hills I used for MC.

Who knows? Get it while you can has been our philosophy. Snowbasin and SV are a loss but not enough to kill it off. A couple of other key players would though.

Seems like if there is demand there will be a product. If not it will fade.

The $1 pass for kids under 12, no MLK blackout like IKON has, 3 days free at 1 resort has been a boon to our family. I sit here now deciding where to burn days next week. Mountain Collective could add Boho? That would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bumpin'. I'm still a big fan of MC. Part Nostalgia (had it since 12-13 season) and part common sense. I like the lower insurance rates by buying the spring, before. I can't get out too often, but when I do, I make it count. Plus, I like not being the Ikon prick that I've heard folks at Killy, Snowmass, and Snowbird complain about while I was at each. Ikon is still too pricey. I'd rather start smaller and build-up to my $700. Plus....as a teacher (or anyone with kids) the blackout dates really blow.....all most as much as the crowds after a dump week at snowbird (Jan 19) or a decent Powder Cycle at Snowmass (Feb 16).

That said, I hated seeing Telluride go. I would have gone and gotten better snow in Feb. Seeing Snowbasin go Vail.....it just hurts my heart. I haven't been back to KWood since they went EPIss.
    neednsnow.com

Chasin Snow whenever time allows.

Wonder if MC survives the Ikon invasion next year
    . . .

Blackout dates on the Ikon + wife with a teacher schedule = Ikon isn't useful for me. The nearest non-blacked-out Ikon resort is 16 hours from me, so that's not particularly useful.

We did MC this year. We've used it enough that it's worked out to around $30 / day, with more trips planned. Hopefully MC finds a way to hold off the pressure from Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    MC worked out great for my brother and I this winter. Already paid for and we still have two trips planned. However, I believe I am going Ikon Base if the rates, resorts, and blackouts stay the same. It's only $100 more, offers more coverage, and more days at the same hills I used for MC.
    MC was $400 and ikon base is $650? Thing is day passes are getting to be >$150, so ~$75 at half price, suggesting I would need to use the ikon 4 more days than two included MC at a single resort.

Just got the email. Looks like no additions and losing Snowbasin and Sun Valley. $450 early season with $99 kids. $200 savings versus Ikon base with no blackout days. Calculus is a little different, but it works better for me and where I'm likely to be skiing next year. Especially when I need to buy 6 of them for my family.

No free day 3 for early purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Still get a 3rd day with preseason purchase. Still 2 days each at Alta and Snowbird. 2 days total at Squaw/Alpine an Aspen (all mountains count as 1).

email claims there is :

This is your only chance to get our lowest price available along with a free 3rd bonus day to any mountain of your choice.
    Tough call for me MC vs Ikon. Likely wouldn't need to also get a Big Sky Montana pass ($179) if I got Ikon, so leaning toward Ikon.

I still have my local pass at Alpental which gets most of my skiing. My wife is interested in taking couple trips, so the lack of blackout days is a big deal with kids in school. I was bummed the pricing went up. I was hoping a few Alterra resorts would get added, but they really have no incentive. Last year, Alpental offered an MC pass for $250 to pass holders if we bought early. That would make it a no brainer for me.

Double check you email filters, I just noticed they sent a $20 off coupon for renewing MC, email is from reply@bz1.liftopia.com

I'm not renewing, but I have an email code. PM me if you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm not renewing, but I have an email code. PM me if you want it.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Double check you email filters, I just noticed they sent a $20 off coupon for renewing MC, email is from reply@bz1.liftopia.com
    Interesting. I’ve purchased for several years and don’t recall receiving the renewal code.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    PM sent
    My code is gone to phatty
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Called today and they said you can choose 3rd day at checkout.

Looks like they want people to choose IKON...

Yeah, got mine, same thing as last two years, but no Sun Valley or Snow Basin. Still worth it IMO.

The only reason I see to MC is if you need more than 5 or 7 days at one of the Indy resorts

I bet MC gets crushed for next year renewals
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The only reason I see to MC is if you need more than 5 or 7 days at one of the Indy resorts

I bet MC gets crushed for next year renewals
    Yeah, I could see it going away after this year. It's still a good product, but less appeal for many compared to a basic Ikon.