Thread: AirBnB hacked

AirBnB hacked

headsup if you have an AirBNB account to check your visa bills for a hack

I had a 1200 debit and then a 1200 credit for a property in Zymohiria wherever the fuck that is and 5 e-mails from AirBnB saying they took care of it

Since I was away from the computer on a hut trip it was completely transparent to me

i didnt get any other funny charges which is why i assume it was AirBnB that got hacked

I contacted them and asked WTF but they didnt say much besides we took care of it so don't worry
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, might just have been someone brute forcing or otherwise figuring out your Airbnb password. This shit happens all the time, I had some dickhead in Malaysia manage to swipe $400 Hotels.com loyalty points by guessing my (admittedly shitty) password, and offshore customer service couldn't/wouldn't get them back for me.

Jokes on him, every time he tries to book something, I get a confirmation mail and I cancel the reservation the day before his stay. The points are still gone but at least he couldn't use them.

I manage on the order of 25,000 properties with Airbnb. Have only see this happen a handful of times, Airbnb has dealt with it every time. Subject line made me panic though.

What are the properties, timeshares? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    JFC

" We’re reaching out because you were recently in contact with an account that was removed for violating the Airbnb Terms of Service "

Not sure whats going on but I haven't used AirBnb since the spring when i was in Portugal/Spain but I sure wasn't looking at anything in the ukraine

Also I normaly get an info-alert e-mail from my bank right away if I buy a pack of gum using Visa but I didn't get an info alert for this purchase

The fact that the charge came thru, Airbnb had identifyed the hack and got it all fixed up in about 5 days before I could say WTF is what makes me think somebody hacked their system
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Resort area condos and homes. More specifically I build software that connects property management companies' inventory to marketplaces like Airbnb, VRBO, etc.