Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMA in the BC

MMA in the BC

This person is my new hero. Apparently choked out a mountain lion that attacked.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trail-runn...opstories.html

Yeah read that today. Props.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

That’s the baddest mother fucker walking right there. Choked out a mtn lion.... I would have called bullshit on that story 100 out of 100 times.

Meh ..... whaddaya expect from a millennial lion?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Meh ..... whaddaya expect from a millennial lion?
    ^^ awesome

Surely the mountain lion was starving, injured or otherwise weakened. Either way, this dude shouldn’t have to buy a drink for a long time.

Badass points for sure, but kindda feel bad for the kitty. Clicking on the thread i was ready for somebody that deserved an ass whooping.

He should be a wingman to some dude that escaped a big shark while surfing. "Hey, yeah, babe, here, check out the scar on my leg. Yup, shark. Beat him in the face. But that's nothing. Check out my friend here. See that scar on his face? Mountain lion. Strangled the thing to death. I swear."

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    starving
    Isn't that the motivation for an animal in the wild to just attack another animal out of the blue?

You're confusing hungry with starving.

Imagine getting your hands around the cat’s throat. Once that happens, it probably can’t bite you, but it could probably inflict some serious gashes with the claws on all four legs. I’m afraid to tangle with a ten pound house cat.

Seems like he must've been on it's back, or behind it I guess. Maybe he did the ol' forearm to the windpipe move.

Maybe. He’s also in the hospital with serious injuries though. I’m betting face to face with the smaller cat on its back

Like I said, I don't want to take anything away from this dude, but strangling a mountain lion to death is not something I imagine being doable without the beast being in a weakened state. Anyone hear or read anything on the health of the animal? I've only run into a mountain lion once in the bush and the lasting image in mind is how crazy jacked the thing was. Not to mention the fact that nearly every calorie that thing has ever eaten was procured through stalking and killing.

We have a lot of em around here. I would not want to battle one. This is the only one I have in my phone. It was a small female. 95lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C569B83B-A2D7-409D-B605-8A833C079A28.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	268513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F444D9E-06ED-4918-878D-4E8F251BFCDE.jpg 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	268514

The dude is badass. He had mass with a healthy dose of adrenaline on his side but a 100lb puddycat with 5cm razors on 4 paws and 3cm canines is nothing to sneeze at. Likely it was young and inexperienced, or maybe ill, but that takes nothing away from his survival.
    What’s next, a human with a bowie knife kills a griz?

You can do some crazy shit when your life is on the line. Unfortunately I been in a few fights when I was teens-20s I have bitten into flesh and I have taken out an eyeballs and teeth. I resisted the temptation to beat another over the head with a maglight after going to the ground And I am a pretty chill dude

If it didn't get him first, I understand the need to finish
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Team Whoopazz just got a new captain.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    We have a lot of em around here. I would not want to battle one. This is the only one I have in my phone. It was a small female. 95lbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C569B83B-A2D7-409D-B605-8A833C079A28.jpg 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	268513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F444D9E-06ED-4918-878D-4E8F251BFCDE.jpg 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	268514
    Look at those claws!!! Great pics thanks

I've had some nasty house cats swipe at me, and they left marks. The rear claws would be the killer. Watch cats fight, even if they're playing, and they do that ripping thing with the back legs when caught in a grip. Tear your insides out. Lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I've had some nasty house cats swipe at me, and they left marks. The rear claws would be the killer. Watch cats fight, even if they're playing, and they do that ripping thing with the back legs when caught in a grip. Tear your insides out. Lucky man.
    Velociraptor mode
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Jiu Jitsu wins.
    There is a choke called "Kill the Lion" Guess Why.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I lived in a building once where the neighbour cat used to always swipe at us when we walked up the stairs to our unit, it would stand outside our door and hiss at our cat, and generally was a complete assh*le. So one day I decide I've had enough. I grab a pitcher of water and I'm going to soak this thing. It's winter, the hallways and entryway are unheated, that'll teach the thing I figure. So I chase it down the stairs to the entryway. The entryway features 2 doors, one going outside and the other to seal off the unheated entrance area (we cal it an arctic entry around here). The door to outside is closed and I close the other door behind me so now I have the thing trapped. The cat knows I mean business and it knows I've got it cornered. And that's when the cat goes into survival mode. It climbs the walls looking for an escape and finds none. The cat then does this Matrix thing. It jumps up in the air and does this Tasmanian devil sh*t while suspended in the air. Seriously, the thing was defying gravity in a whirlwind of claws and fury right at my eye level. Unbelievable. So now I'm totally taken aback by this. I'm standing there, jaw open. WTF I'm thinking, never had I imagined that a house cat would be capable of such ninja fury. It quickly lands and jumps up again does the levitating buzzsaw thing. I quickly chuck my pitcher for water, miss the thing, and get the hell out of there. I can not overstate the insane gravity defying rage and fury I witnessed that day. Hell hath no fury like a cornered cat fighting for its life.

I remember tell my buddies about this and saying that I was pretty sure that this thing could have taken on multiple grown men. We might have been able to kill it I recall saying, but there was no way we were getting out of there without serious damage can only imagine what 100 and some pounds of a professional killer cat does when it is fighting for it's life.

Cool animals for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    What’s next, a human with a bowie knife kills a griz?
    The last grizzly documented in Colorado was killed by a bowhunter after it attacked him. He stabbed it to death using one of his arrows.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...mplate=amphtml

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Like I said, I don't want to take anything away from this dude, but strangling a mountain lion to death is not something I imagine being doable without the beast being in a weakened state. Anyone hear or read anything on the health of the animal? I've only run into a mountain lion once in the bush and the lasting image in mind is how crazy jacked the thing was. Not to mention the fact that nearly every calorie that thing has ever eaten was procured through stalking and killing.
    It said juvenile in the story. I’m guessing it was recently kicked off of Moms territory. If this was a full grown 150+ lb cat there’s no chance of that outcome IMO. Those hind legs are powerful enough that the cat can jump 20’ straight up and they have razor sharp claws on them.

I can’t imagine he choked it out facing it. Try holding a dog down like that and see what he does with his hind legs, he’ll scratch the shit out of you. Mtn lion would disembowel you with those claws. From behind is my guess.

Said he choked it out using his "hands, feet and rocks". Huh? Rocks?