Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: New K2 Spyne mv 130 @ Evo

$99 to $150. I picked up a pair for 150 yesterday.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...s/k2-spyne-130

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    $99 to $150. I picked up a pair for 150 yesterday.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...s/k2-spyne-130

Just did the same... curious to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Just did the same... curious to check them out.
    Yeah, review here looks good, even though we got the mv and the review is of the hv:

https://www.bootfitters.com/reviews/k2-spyne-130-hv

I have a pair of the LV version and love 'em. Maybe I'll pick up a spare pair...hell, the Intuition Liner alone is prolly worth $150

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    Yeah, review here looks good, even though we got the mv and the review is of the hv:

https://www.bootfitters.com/reviews/k2-spyne-130-hv

Yeah, saw that review. I’m happy w/ MV as my current boots are also 100mm last. Just looking for something stiffer for days I’m really getting after it and for hard inbounds riding. Will save the Lupo AX115’s for mellower days and tours.

Yeah, saw that review. I’m happy w/ MV as my current boots are also 100mm last. Just looking for something stiffer for days I’m really getting after it and for hard inbounds riding. Will save the Lupo AX115’s for mellower days and tours.
    /\/\/\

Thanks! Going to give them a shot!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Just want thru the home-bootfitters method to heat-mold the things. Mission accomplished! They started off pretty painful in all the usual spots for me (navicular, 6th toe, top of my foot). Ordered some boot fitters foam from Tognar, watched a few YouTube’s and went at it.

Did it in 2 stages:

stage 1 - shell molding: heated oven to correct temp for K2 boots (~242* F) and cooked them for 10-mins. While cooking, placed foam on OUTSIDE of liner in spots I have pain. Took out of oven and put liners + feet in and clamped down for 10-mins. Didn’t clamp down super hard, just barely tighter than I would ride. Then went out in the snow to cool the down and “set” the mold (at least that’s the story I told myself). Took boots off and took pads off liners.

stage 2 - liner molding: turned off the oven and threw liners in there for 10-mins while it cooled down. While cooking liners, placed pads on my feet and then put on my socks. Took liners out and stuffed liner + feet into shells. Tighten boots down a little tighter than I’d ride again, for 10-mins (this hurt...).

After all of this, and giving my feet time to rest, put the boots back on... holy crap. These are some of the most comfy boots I’ve worn so far. Again, this is walking around the house, we’ll see how they feel riding, but I have to say I’m super impressed.

If anyone got a 27.5 that isn't going to work out let me know. I know I hit submit on the order, I even remember seeing the shipping info and when they would show up but then evo must have cancelled the order, probably because they were already out of stock. I called them and they said they never had an order from me.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    If anyone got a 27.5 that isn't going to work out let me know. I know I hit submit on the order, I even remember seeing the shipping info and when they would show up but then evo must have cancelled the order, probably because they were already out of stock. I called them and they said they never had an order from me.
    Sorry, mate. My 27.5’s are money... rode them on Tuesday for 19 runs to break them in. Hope the hunt works out for ya!

If anyone got a 25.5 that isn't going to work out let me know. Thanks

Got mine at the beginning of the season, love em so far. For $130 they might be the best deal I've ever gotten on brand new ski gear

Only complaint is they are colder than my full tilts that I came from, but who cares.

Just want thru the home-bootfitters method to heat-mold the things. Mission accomplished! They started off pretty painful in all the usual spots for me (navicular, 6th toe, top of my foot). Ordered some boot fitters foam from Tognar, watched a few YouTube’s and went at it.

Did it in 2 stages:

stage 1 - shell molding: heated oven to correct temp for K2 boots (~242* F) and cooked them for 10-mins. While cooking, placed foam on OUTSIDE of liner in spots I have pain. Took out of oven and put liners + feet in and clamped down for 10-mins. Didn’t clamp down super hard, just barely tighter than I would ride. Then went out in the snow to cool the down and “set” the mold (at least that’s the story I told myself). Took boots off and took pads off liners.

stage 2 - liner molding: turned off the oven and threw liners in there for 10-mins while it cooled down. While cooking liners, placed pads on my feet and then put on my socks. Took liners out and stuffed liner + feet into shells. Tighten boots down a little tighter than I’d ride again, for 10-mins (this hurt...).

After all of this, and giving my feet time to rest, put the boots back on... holy crap. These are some of the most comfy boots I’ve worn so far. Again, this is walking around the house, we’ll see how they feel riding, but I have to say I’m super impressed.
    How's the heel hold?

Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    If anyone got a 25.5 that isn't going to work out let me know. Thanks
    I picked up a pair but don’t think I will use them. Let me know if you are interested. I am in to them for $110, so that plus shipping and they are yours. Otherwise, back to Evo.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    How's the heel hold?
    So far, so good. Been pretty impressed, frankly. Booster straps helped.

I picked up a pair from evo but I’m still on the fence over keeping them. Do they ski like a true 130? I’m thinking they might be a little too much boot for this 170# skier.

Quote Originally Posted by 206 View Post
    I picked up a pair from evo but I’m still on the fence over keeping them. Do they ski like a true 130?
    I think so. They’re really supportive and have been great in all the deep fresh snow driving big fat skis (ON3P Cease&Desist and Caylor’s). I’m quite happy with them so far, 5 days skiing in them so far and they’re getting more comfortable every time.

probably should take this to tech talk but any idea how many times the shells can be heated MHSP1497? followed what you said last night and they are feeling pretty good. left foot feels $, right foot is getting just a bit of pressure on the ankle bone. Might need to re-bake if possible with thicker padding in that zone. I'm using old zip fit liners in mine that carried over from previous boots, maybe the liners will adjust/form slightly and give me some room there after a day of skiing.

If anyone wants my 27.5 pair for $150 (what I paid) + shipping, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just return it to evo when I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    If anyone wants my 27.5 pair for $150 (what I paid) + shipping, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just return it to evo when I have the time.
    I would like the 27.5's, will PM. What is the BSL on them?

Went to EVO to check BSL and guess they still have only 27.5's left, so may just go direct to EVO so can return if the fit is a bit off...sorry.

Evo will give you a return label for $7 or $8. Fairly low risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    probably should take this to tech talk but any idea how many times the shells can be heated MHSP1497? followed what you said last night and they are feeling pretty good. left foot feels $, right foot is getting just a bit of pressure on the ankle bone. Might need to re-bake if possible with thicker padding in that zone. I'm using old zip fit liners in mine that carried over from previous boots, maybe the liners will adjust/form slightly and give me some room there after a day of skiing.
    Not sure on re-bakes, tho you could prolly spot treat the area with a heat gun, or use some foam to better shape around the area. Get a cheap laser thermometer if going the heat gun route so you don’t melt the shells...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    I would like the 27.5's, will PM. What is the BSL on them?

Havent skied the spynes but the recons are the shit

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk