Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oooh, just the right size

Hopefully I get to see this bike in person this fall, we’ll see if I can get time off newborn dad duty to help out with some of the stages!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    so stoked to have bagged one of the 100 spots on this years trans-cascadia enduro 2019 ,
    any one done this amazing event , any beta would be most appreciated
    I also got a slot, couldn't be more excited about it. Debating a bike upgrade for the event - currently riding a Kona Process 111 and think it might be on the low-end of travel necessary for a multi-day enduro. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by auguyette View Post
    I also got a slot, couldn't be more excited about it. Debating a bike upgrade for the event - currently riding a Kona Process 111 and think it might be on the low-end of travel necessary for a multi-day enduro. Thoughts?
    Not a lot of travel but such a fun bike.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Not a lot of travel but such a fun bike.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
    100% all the party you need from a rig.

Yeah, no. 111 kills it on Trans-Cascadia terrain. That bike offers a very different 111mm of travel...wish I still had one.

Feedback from a couple of lads who rode last year , they were racing SC50/10 at 130mm and they had a blast , I’m taking the bronson as it’s so versatile and seems to cope with very rowdy to fast flow and everything in between very well ,
    Don’t know the kona , but if you’re happy on it , stick with it

See you there

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    Feedback from a couple of lads who rode last year , they were racing SC50/10 at 130mm and they had a blast , I’m taking the bronson as it’s so versatile and seems to cope with very rowdy to fast flow and everything in between very well ,
    Don’t know the kona , but if you’re happy on it , stick with it

See you there

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks that’s super helpful. See ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by NlytendOne View Post
    Yeah, no. 111 kills it on Trans-Cascadia terrain. That bike offers a very different 111mm of travel...wish I still had one.
    👍

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5375_b.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	286754
    First TC trail-work-party for 2019 on the books.
    You guys are gonna have a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5375_b.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	286754
    First TC trail-work-party for 2019 on the books.
    You guys are gonna have a lot of fun.
    Question for you: have you come up with a good way to carry that thing (the FS240, or whatever model that is) while riding? I've tried a bit with it just kinda swung behind me, hanging on the harness. But that's... non-optimal. But hiking in with it seems so damn inefficient.

This one is a Stihl KR 131 Kombi with a swiveling hedge trimmer head (#napalmonastick). It comes apart into two pieces (between the handle and the black piece on the extension) and you can swivel the head all the way back so it's pointing back, making it a smaller package. I carried it on a medium sized day pack and secured it with three Volie straps, no problem. A lot of people were using the Dakine builder packs and they are OK, but the Evoc is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    This one is a Stihl KR 131 Kombi with a swiveling hedge trimmer head (#napalmonastick). It comes apart into two pieces (between the handle and the black piece on the extension) and you can swivel the head all the way back so it's pointing back, making it a smaller package. I carried it on a medium sized day pack and secured it with three Volie straps, no problem. A lot of people were using the Dakine builder packs and they are OK, but the Evoc is the way to go.
    Ah, right on. Ours doesn't break down. I've got an evoc pack, but carrying a 6ft long apparatus on it doesn't really work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Ah, right on. Ours doesn't break down. I've got an evoc pack, but carrying a 6ft long apparatus on it doesn't really work very well.
    Yeah, I can imagine...
    Over the weekend I was told a story about a guy who had to carry one of those (one piece jobs) into the back country (for an over night mission) last year, strapped it to his top tube for the descent back into the valley. Apparently everything went great until it was time to turn, and this trail had a ton of switchbacks...

Sick bike and race.
    Can't imagine ever having the disposable income for this but would love to ride more of the trails. Hoping to follow you guys around a week after the event has passed

��
    getting closer now , soo excited to see the work going on , thanks to all the crews , spending as much time as poss riding new trails where I can to get the feel for blind racing