Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    While a lot of people in this region support trump, myself included, I would also say that a lot of people up here are conservative.

I'd say Missoula, but OP is clearly Rutland material.

Best Small City for Skiing/biking/getting outside

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I wonder if OP has considered the thriving skiers paradise of Killington, VT
    Truer words were never said

Rutland is a workers paradise

Also good trout fishing with in two hours drive

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    property tax is WAY lower in Idaho though. From my calculation it's a wash and if you're in a lower income bracket you end up saving quite a bit.
    Always something I shoot for is being in a low income bracket

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Always something I shoot for is being in a low income bracket

From what I saw on 300k house, you save about $2000 a year in property taxes compared to my county in Washington.

If you are in the boat of <100k a year = probably money saved.

Above that it's a wash for a while.

But it's all vague because it's largely dependent on how much you make vs. how expensive of a house you buy.

I guess we're all dental surgeons here, so it's probably prudent to live in Washington and work in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    No one has said Ashland, OR?

Seems to hit everything OP wants minus the world class skiing. Still have a fun little hill in town, Shasta 90 mins away, bachelor a couple hours away. Just stay away from medford and enjoy the awesome MTB, rivers, and lakes.
    Virtually no snow, no skiing, too hot in the summer, too smokey in the summer, no jobs, all the mtb trails are inundated with mean old people and their off-leash dogs so you can barely even ride 8 mph downhill, too crowded, no water in the lakes, too much rain in the winter, too much patchouli, housing is too expensive and the taxes are way too high, too many script kitties, too many runners on the trails, menacing transient deer and are overrunning the town, too many dreadlocks, cougars on meth are everywhere waiting to pounce (AND they'll break into your house to cat-nap on the sofa), and the black bears are the most aggressive of anywhere - they will tackle you on the walk home and eat your take-out, no questions asked. The city is governed by Bill Shakespeare's family trust and they've recently announced the annexation of Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix to the Medford city limits. Other than that, it is an okay place to start dying, I guess.

I heard Bend sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I'd say Missoula, but OP is clearly Rutland material.
    Isn’t Missoula like a 5 Costco town now? I used to live there back in the day when it only had one. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Isn’t Missoula like a 5 Costco town now? I used to live there back in the day when it only had one. Good times.
    That reminds me, Santa Fe has no - 0, zip, nunca, nada, nur - Costcos.

Bend sounds nice.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Everyone loves bend. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by NlytendOne View Post
    Virtually no snow, no skiing, too hot in the summer, too smokey ....
    skied MtA 15 years,
    everything NO says is true ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Canada

Corner Brook, Newfoundland is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Rutland is a workers paradise

Also good trout fishing with in two hours drive
    Two? C'mon, maybe an hour. Sure, there's the Battenkill if you want to drive further and fish with all your closest friends, but the White River is really the ticket. Except for the Third Branch, maybe, unless manure is your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    This is so true. I hear they guzzle soda by the gallon, build ramshackle shit with no permit and hate outsiders.
    something like that.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...iberty-744850/

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    Disbanded a few years ago before my time. Not an issue any more

While a lot of people in this region support trump, myself included, I would also say that a lot of people up here are conservative. Partially due to the fact that we have a heavy logging and mining industry in the area in the past and still today. Now it's slowly changing because we are getting so many Californians and Seattle folk that are pissed off with the dumb shit their local govt is doing. You can piss on trump and I'll do the same to democrats.
    Never seen outright, blatant, won 't serve brown folk racism in my life until ponderay, ID. Maybe it's changed in the last 10 years?

Personally, has colored my feelings toward the area moving forward though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    Dear Brundo,
    Have you ever considered unleashing yourself from the shackles of capitalism and moving to Pyongyang? Masikyrong our world class ski resort is a short drive away and will provide you all the skiing thrills in winter and the mountains of Yangdok are a mountain bikers paradise in summer. In spring, the Taedong River is a kayakers playground with crystal clear waters and miles of rapids to play in. As a civil engineer the DPRK has many interesting and exciting projects, from building bridges to prison camps, you will certainly find something to which you can apply your vast expertise and have a fulfilling career.

The DPRK emphasises the principles of Juche. Where man is the master of his domain. Please feel free to contact me via pm to learn more about the incredible career and recreation opportunities in the DPRK.

Yours,
    Kim Jong-un
    Supreme Leader DPRK

Attachment 268571
    This sounds like Greg from Alpine Zone. Just add something about hot jersey girls.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Never seen outright, blatant, won 't serve brown folk racism in my life until ponderay, ID. Maybe it's changed in the last 10 years?

Personally, has colored my feelings toward the area moving forward though.
    I've been around here for close to 30 years and have never seen this directly. I've heard the stories but never witnessed anything like that. However, I'm well aware of some of the loons that have come here with their stupidly. Scott Rhodes, for example, although I guess he's moved on to Libby. These asshats aren't so prevalent but they seem to make a lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Everyone loves bend. Weird.
    great place to vist

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So I guess ID is out of the question for me when this place gets too crazy? (i'm pretty brown.....passable for italian lol)

Get MAGA hat and a Confederate flag and you'll be just fine.

one of the best things about living in AK was
    people didnt care who you voted for, who you slept with
    or what god you worshiped on weekends ....
    what mattered most was:
    can i count on you in an emergency to keep your
    shit together, make good choices and watch my back?
    .... or are you one of those people that panics,
    makes bad choices and gets someone hurt or killed
    in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    1, but they need a bigger parking lot.

No Costco in Santa Fe? WTF? Is there at least a 3 Bears?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    No Costco in Santa Fe? WTF? Is there at least a 3 Bears?
    Crazy, huh? There’s a Sam’s Club and two Walmarts, but fuck that. Nearest Costco is in Albuquerque, 60 miles away.

What’s 3 Bears? Like Alaska?
    And I guess that I just don't know

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    I've been around here for close to 30 years and have never seen this directly. I've heard the stories but never witnessed anything like that. However, I'm well aware of some of the loons that have come here with their stupidly. Scott Rhodes, for example, although I guess he's moved on to Libby. These asshats aren't so prevalent but they seem to make a lot of noise.
    U dont notice so much if you're a white dude. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NlytendOne View Post
    Virtually no snow, no skiing, too hot in the summer, too smokey in the summer, no jobs, all the mtb trails are inundated with mean old people and their off-leash dogs so you can barely even ride 8 mph downhill, too crowded, no water in the lakes, too much rain in the winter, too much patchouli, housing is too expensive and the taxes are way too high, too many script kitties, too many runners on the trails, menacing transient deer and are overrunning the town, too many dreadlocks, cougars on meth are everywhere waiting to pounce (AND they'll break into your house to cat-nap on the sofa), and the black bears are the most aggressive of anywhere - they will tackle you on the walk home and eat your take-out, no questions asked. The city is governed by Bill Shakespeare's family trust and they've recently announced the annexation of Ashland, Talent, and Phoenix to the Medford city limits. Other than that, it is an okay place to start dying, I guess.

I heard Bend sounds nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That reminds me, Santa Fe has no - 0, zip, nunca, nada, nur - Costcos.

Bend sounds nice.
    Bend sucks. Skiing is flat and always foggy, MTB riding is meh and crowded with tourons, housing is way too expensive, can’t get a beer with less than 5 trillion IBUs, can’t get decent fish, everybody thinks kambucha is great, people ride elliptical scooters and roller skis in groups for fun, tourons fuck up the roundabouts, young women would rather curl up with their dog and watch TV than go on a date, and the edibles are weak. The deer are so mean they beat up on Pit bulls, cougars eat your pets, coyotes keep you up all night singing, and black bears take shits in your back yard. And summers get real Smokey. And there’s only one Costco in the county

I hear Hood River is nice.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Bend sucks. Skiing is flat and always foggy, MTB riding is meh and crowded with tourons, housing is way too expensive, can’t get a beer with less than 5 trillion IBUs, can’t get decent fish, everybody thinks kambucha is great, people ride elliptical scooters and roller skis in groups for fun, tourons fuck up the roundabouts, young women would rather curl up with their dog and watch TV than go on a date, and the edibles are weak. The deer are so mean they beat up on Pit bulls, cougars eat your pets, coyotes keep you up all night singing, and black bears take shits in your back yard. And summers get real Smokey. And there’s only one Costco in the county

I hear Hood River is nice.
    Dang that's trouble. Send some of those Bend deers over here...maybe they'll rough up our deerlinquents!
    Collectively enlightened since 2008.
    Eddie would go.

Issaquah is what you’re looking for
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”