What kind of glue is good for goggle foam?

Wanting to repair some peeling goggle foam. What do you __know__. Some glues make the foam disintegrate. And screw this ridiculous $200+ for goggles ripoff.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Wanting to repair some peeling goggle foam. What do you __know__. Some glues make the foam disintegrate. And screw this ridiculous $200+ for goggles ripoff.
    Buy Chinese goggles for under 40. They are the same as poc or Oakley, probably made in the same factory

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Had good results 're foaming goggles with contact cement. Take care with the application of the glue and cut the foam a red Cunt hair bigger than the location.

I used contact cement as well. Doesn’t take much.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I use 3M spray glue (big aerosol rattle can): great stuff to have around and works amazing.

I just shield what parts I don’t want to hit with stray spray with some rags.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

I used some super glue on an old pair where most of the foam was peeling off. Foam didn't seem to be affected by the glue. Got another year or so out of the goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    3M spray glue
    X2

I have used SeamSeal by McNett for years. Works great, put a small amount on each side and put together. I usually put the goggles on a round object (large bleach bottle) to hold everything in place while it cures. Den

Looks to be re-branded as Seam Grip https://www.rei.com/product/603034/g...ip-seam-sealer

Seam seal, seam grip, aqua seal, shoo goo is ^^ all made by Mcnett, its all liquid urethane in various consistencies so use whatever you got

I also used silicone caulking to glue goggle foam
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Aqua seal should work also.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    I use 3M spray glue (big aerosol rattle can): great stuff to have around and works amazing.

I just shield what parts I don’t want to hit with stray spray with some rags.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    X2
    X3. 3M super 77 or 90. You'll shear the next layer of foam before the glue fails.

Any tips on a foam to use if previous foam is shot?

Good to remember this stuff really smells and takes a couple days to off gas. I read this thread and used the 90 spray the other day before I headed out skiing. Fortunately brought a couple pairs of goggles because they were too stinky
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    X3. 3M super 77 or 90. You'll shear the next layer of foam before the glue fails.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    X4. Just had to do this the other week, actually sprayed the 3M into a plastic cup and cotton swabbed it onto the goggle frame and foam. Worked great and haven't had issues since.

Is the 3M spray glue able to stick together goggle foam to more goggle foam? Logically, makes sense that it should.

My goal is to cut out some foam from my old goggles and stick it onto my current goggles that aren't providing a solid seal under my nose bridge (and yes I already have low bridge fit goggles).

I havnet tried this in a long time, I used some foam out of an IBM CST selectric sound deadening kit

but any glue that does not eat the foam would work, I seem to remember 70 didnt but 90 did ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Any tips on a foam to use if previous foam is shot?
    The foam replacement air filters for small engines has worked ok for me.

Air filter foam, shoe goo. Ymmv

3m spray glue is probably the best. We used it all the time to glue higher density foam together to outfit our ww kayaks. It worked well.

Makes me think of a trip to Mustang cat skiing circa 2010. There was someone from this forum there in our cat. He tried using epoxy and ended up with a wicked chemical burn on his forehead..can't think of what his user name was....needless to say it didn't work well....