Thread: calling collective pin heads

calling collective pin heads

Need sum suggestions for new boots. I am a long time Tele wanker but transitioned to AT years ago. I still like to tour and meadow skip on my tgear. My issue is the T4s I have tear the hell out of my heels. I have tried everything to make them work including intuitions.

I have a basic scarpa foot. 10.5-11 size and a slightly wide foot with normal instep. I use a regular super feet insole.

My preferred skis are a Karhu guide Xcd with bulldog bindings. Need to be plastic boots due to wet condition I may encounter.

What boots should I give consideration?

Thx

Are you sure you’re a Scarpa fit if the T4s tear apart your heels?

No advice except to get to store with largest selection and try everything on. Also, you’ve had liners professionally molded by a great shop?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I should also add that I like to tour for turns when possible and 210lbs with out gear.

I have had several Scarpa boots over the years and they all worked well for me with the exception of the T4. I molded the liners myself and have been doing so for the last 15 years.

Its as if the T4 is just not enough boot. Its nearly impossible to keep my heels in the boot where they should be. I had the older blue T2 boots and like a dummy I sold them when they were getting long in the tooth.

If the T2s worked for you, t shouldn’t be too hard to find a used pair.

Scarpa T2 Eco can be found at reasonable prices, but might be a fit issue there too compared to the old T2?? Or what Meadow Skipper said on used blue T2s....

My boot for that type of ski was a Garmont Syner-g. I replaced it with the Venus, which is the women's version and the same boot except the men's had a rear spoiler that raised the height 1/2". You can find the Venus pretty cheap, but obviously may not fit your foot. Although, with those bindings the Scott (Garmont) Excursion would be a better option IMO due to a softer flex. I use the Venus with a Voile Switchback for sake of free pivot / efficiency.

Also, try adding foam shims to the liner just above the heel pocket on your T4s.

Looks like the T4, with only 2 buckles (one low, one high - nothing in the middle), isn't set up to hold your foot down very well and therefore allows your heel to move; the T2 Eco has that third middle buckle that should keep your heel more firmly positioned. Any boot that fits well should work, as long as it has that middle buckle and it's doing its job.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Looks like the T4, with only 2 buckles (one low, one high - nothing in the middle), isn't set up to hold your foot down very well and therefore allows your heel to move; the T2 Eco has that third middle buckle that should keep your heel more firmly positioned. Any boot that fits well should work, as long as it has that middle buckle and it's doing its job.
    Good point PB, that instep buckle aids a lot in heel retention, more so than the Garmont boots in my experience.

If I recal correctly Scarpa sizes break on the half?

28.5 should be same shell as 29.5?

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    If I recal correctly Scarpa sizes break on the half?

28.5 should be same shell as 29.5?
    No, 28.5 would be same shell as 29.0

Gottcha

THX