Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    stupid moderation

Blowsiff Joseph
    June 14, 2019 at 4:24 pm | Reply

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Hey Noah, thanks for the review. How does it work for seated jumping? My current bike keeps bucking me, is this one any better?
    How about seated bunny hopping?

I find that it helps to hold down your dropper post button when jumping seated. Provided a shock absorption effect.

Can't argue with science
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Seems like a lot of hype about GG lately. The linked Blister review didn't exactly rave about its performance. What is so special about this brand, price point, US made frames? Seems like an 8 week wait for delivery would be a deal killer for most.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Do they all come with 900mm bars?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Do they all come with 900mm bars?
    Those are a mere 780. Perfect for an average sized Joe such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Seems like a lot of hype about GG lately. The linked Blister review didn't exactly rave about its performance. What is so special about this brand, price point, US made frames? Seems like an 8 week wait for delivery would be a deal killer for most.
    He just got the thing. He doesn't even have his sierra club stickers on it yet.

Please. I'm a wilderness society kind of guy. The Sierra Club is full of posers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    In my opinion, reviews shouldn't rave too much. The bike is what it is. If it's what someone is looking for, great. But if the review is overly glowing, then it seems like the reviewer's personal preferences are coloring an objective assessment of the bike. Ultimately, it doesn't matter it the reviewer likes the bike, it matters if the end user likes the bike.

Nothing else has that kind of adjustability, especially at that price. Factor in their warrantee, modern well thought out geo, customer service, build options/customization and at a great price, I think it warrants praise. On a personal note the numbers fit me to a T.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Maybe that guy actually meant seating climbing (around switchbacks etc)?
    I mean, that's a really weird question. Even I wouldn't ask that. And I've been getting better at keeping forward and stretched out when descending! Like bring my chest towards the bars.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly.

Hey Joe Blow... I don't want to jump to any conclusions... but you may be doing it wrong.
    None of you guys sit down corner thru berms? Foot out, sat down, two wheel drift thru the inside. Its not always fast but its damn fun...
    Probably not something to question about in a review though lol

Like I said in another thread, I haven't been getting out to dig days. Don't wanna trash someone else's work. Also, drifting on 2 wheels scares me.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    None of you guys sit down corner thru berms? Foot out, sat down, two wheel drift thru the inside. Its not always fast but its damn fun...
    I do. A lot.

but I'm pretty sure what you're describing is not what he's asking
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

If this were a 160mm enduro bike I agree that the guy should be slapped with his own dick for asking about seated cornering. However on a 120mm 29er I think it's actually a fair question. I do my best not to ride these kind of trails, but I'd imagine that someone in the market for a 120mm 29er might be doing some riding on flat, pedally, twisty nonsense. I can't stand cornering with my seat up so I try not to ride that kind of bullshit but for some people that don't live in the mountains that type of riding is their reality.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If this were a 160mm enduro bike I agree that the guy should be slapped with his own dick for asking about seated cornering. However on a 120mm 29er I think it's actually a fair question. I do my best not to ride these kind of trails, but I'd imagine that someone in the market for a 120mm 29er might be doing some riding on flat, pedally, twisty nonsense. I can't stand cornering with my seat up so I try not to ride that kind of bullshit but for some people that don't live in the mountains that type of riding is their reality.
    However..........is there any bike that does this better or worse than any other? Serious question, because I really can't think of any two bikes where that particular trait is even discernible between the two. Maybe if we're talking sagged and slacked out dh bikes but that's about it.

That dude should start a youtube channel reviewing bikes for the seated cornering niche. I'm sure there's an audience.

Let's go fucking deep on the hunt for the perfect seated cornering quiver. The ideal side knob design, which saddle platform is optimized for hip pivoting, chainstays: how long is long enough?

Hear me out on this: a seat that swivels. For counterseatedsteering.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hear me out on this: a seat that swivels. For counterseatedsteering.

^that thing is cooler than fart flicks

I'll give it that

I still keep thinking he means climbing up a switchback/berm type dealio without standing up. I mean, he has to, right?
    No longer stuck.

My LBS ordered a Shred Dogg for me. Delivery later this year.
    Totally stoked.
    I can't decide between the DT Swiss XMC 1200 or the I9 Trail 270 wheels.
    I'm 150lbs, ride conservatively and rarely break anything. I ride a mix of cross country trails and alpine trails off Wolf Creek Pass.
    Any thoughts. Thanks.

Can't go wrong with the Eye Nines... I've got 15+ sets on my demo bikes and everyone absolutely loves them. I ride Enduro 305s and they're great. Plus, you can bling them out.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Can't go wrong with the Eye Nines... I've got 15+ sets on my demo bikes and everyone absolutely loves them. I ride Enduro 305s and they're great. Plus, you can bling them out.

That's kinda what I was thinking. The weight difference was so small, 30 grams, that it wasn't a factor.
    Would orange hubs, spokes and nipples be obnoxious enough?

Picked up my Revved Trail Pistol yesterday afternoon, made some adjustments, and took 'er for the first ride this morning before it got too damn hot. Rode about 20 miles, 2500' of climbing. It's going to take a few rides to get the suspension figured out and dialed in, it was definitely too harsh today in "crush" mode so I'll switch that tonight. Otherwise, the bike feels like a slightly quicker-handling Ripmo with less travel. And very similar to the Spot Mayhem I rode last year, which is/was my favorite bike to date.

The bike is a Size 3 Trail Pistola (130mm rear), Ride 1 build with a BikeYoke 185mm dropper and a set of I-9 Enduro 305 wheels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GG-TrailPistol-1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	288337

Wait one second. You ordered a GG *without* a Ribbon coil out front?

A coil front fork didn’t even cross my mind... this is a trail bike. I think it’ll be just fine as it is, I may push the front out to 140 eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums