Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    A coil front fork didn’t even cross my mind... this is a trail bike.
    Name:  nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif
Views: 1012
Size:  85.3 KB

Guerilla Gravity- now Carbon made in USA- 300% stronger, cheaper

A coil front fork didn’t even cross my mind... this is a trail bike. I think it’ll be just fine as it is, I may push the front out to 140 eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I bumped mine to 140. Very happy I did. Partly because of travel, partly because of geo, and partly because I ditched the pike, which was feeling pretty undergunned on this bike.

Very interested in hearing how these things ride, and how much conversion kits really transform the bikes. Couldn't get past the aesthetics of the old aluminum GG bikes (and I still think the name sucks) but I like pretty much everything about what they're doing now.

^^^ Ditto. I'm definitely interested in these bikes (Trail Pistol and Smash) and I'm looking forward to hearing your guy's thoughts and impressions on these bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And remember - there's no point talking aesthetics when it comes to something like a mountain bike. You're not supposed to look at it, any ways...
    Litrully 90% of the bike review poasts on PB and mtbr are about the way the bikes look.

high speed super chunk sections at the top of Doctor Park.
    My O face.

Fuck your wheels. rims are cheap. I wish the whole trail were that one section. You know the one. Before it gets on the right side of the drainage.

O face. OOOOOOOOOOOO
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Since this has become the de facto catchall GG thread: Thoughts on an angleset for the Shred Dogg? Geo chart says the current HTA should be 66* since I have a 160 fork on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Since this has become the de facto catchall GG thread: Thoughts on an angleset for the Shred Dogg? Geo chart says the current HTA should be 66* since I have a 160 fork on there.
    https://bikegeo.muha.cc/

That's a nice little calculator for figuring out geo changes if you use an angleset or change fork length.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You have the alloy Shred Dogg, ya? The carbon one is slacker. Having never ridden the Shred Dogg (I did demo an alloy Megatrail), but owning a Patrol, I would think that the geo of the Shred Dogg, especially the older one, would feel great going 0.5-1* slacker. You have the right combination of steep seat tube and long reach to work well with a slack head angle.

Yeah, 2018 alloy SD. I love it as-is, but it seems worth trying to bring the geo closer to the carbon version. Next question then is, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    https://bikegeo.muha.cc/

That's a nice little calculator for figuring out geo changes if you use an angleset or change fork length.
    Finally ran the numbers. -1* adds 11 mm to the WB, 0.24* to the STA, and 2.6 mm to the Reach. Stack and BB both drop 2 mm.

Here's the full follow up to my previous post: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...y-trail-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Here's the full follow up to my previous post: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...y-trail-pistol
    That's a helluva review, lots of words. Nice work.

You said "tuckus" huh huh

Mine showed up yesterday. It's kind of nuts how much one-off machining is on these things between the headtube inserts and chainguide setup. Especially for what they're charging.

Mine isn't a 29er so it'll be better than yours.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Mine showed up yesterday. It's kind of nuts how much one-off machining is on these things between the headtube inserts and chainguide setup. Especially for what they're charging.
    Nice. Yeah, I'm still kinda baffled that they're able to make these things for as cheap as they are. There isn't much of anything about the frame that would indicate that it's actually semi-affordable.

Good review.

If you were on a Smash, would you still want to size down to a Size 2? The reach on the Smash is considerably shorter on paper, I'm assuming due to the longer fork.

Good review. I test rode an alloy Trail Pistol before I bought my Sentinel & Smuggler, and would agree with your assessment of how it rode. Which is interesting because when they did the media camps for the carbon release, people were saying they made the TP less harsh, but it sounds like they didn't really.

How come you went with the Deluxe & Pike, if you were going to change out those components later? As you note, GG offers upgrades at build time for a very reasonable price. Their bikes are begging for a minimum of a DPX2 and Fox 36 Performance (or better yet, Elite).

Good review. I test rode an alloy Trail Pistol before I bought my Sentinel & Smuggler, and would agree with your assessment of how it rode. Which is interesting because when they did the media camps for the carbon release, people were saying they made the TP less harsh, but it sounds like they didn't really.
    I didn't read the whole review (because holy shit it's long), but the bike feels WAY better in "plush" mode compared to "crush".... I typically like a little bit firmer trail bike, but "crush" was even too stiff for me. Plush felt really damn good and make the bike super smoove.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Good review.

If you were on a Smash, would you still want to size down to a Size 2? The reach on the Smash is considerably shorter on paper, I'm assuming due to the longer fork.
    Yeah, I think I'd probably stick with a size 3 on the smash. But tbd - I'm aiming to turn the TP into a smash soonish.

How come you went with the Deluxe & Pike, if you were going to change out those components later? As you note, GG offers upgrades at build time for a very reasonable price. Their bikes are begging for a minimum of a DPX2 and Fox 36 Performance (or better yet, Elite).
    Just for the sake of reviewing their stock build kit. I mean, in a perfect world, GG's stock build kits would be perfect from the get go, or at least perfect for their price point. With most bikes I review, I'll put at least a month on the stock build before fussing around with swapping parts.

No updates on how it handles seated cornering and jumping with seatpost extended?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    No updates on how it handles seated cornering and jumping with seatpost extended?
    I actually had 2000 words written on that subject, but the editors axed it.

Summary: it's the best.

I think I may have gotten a dpx2 destined for failure out of the box so I just went ahead changed my shred dogg ass for a megabutt.

that's surprisingly easy to do with these things