Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    DVO Diamond boost is easily internally adjustable in 10mm increments with just spacers from 140-170mm travel. OTT(off the top) is essentially an adjustable luftkappe/negative spring. You can make the fork feel like an xc fork or close to coil like with the OTT with an external 5mm Allen key bolt. Fork now has volume reducers similar to Rock Shox tokens. Mine has been super dependable. Doesn’t need much maintenance. Great price. Lots of video tutorials from dvo’s yt channel. I had a pre debonair lyric along side my diamond. Both great forks but the Dvo with ott was much more supple initially. Great in stutter bumps and didn’t get hung up on roots quite as ez while climbing. Lyric was a really good fork but the difference was noticeable. I imagine the debonair fixes that discrepancy. Still it’s not adjustable like OTT. Diamond also has the high/low speed compression. I use the quick low speed compression dial for extended logging road climbs. I think I’ll stick with them. I want an onyx now
    I picked up my non boost diamond used from someone at transition bikes. I guess they probably had it a year and I’ve had it 3. I do an annual clean and change the oil. Still has original bushings and seals. I think I’ll change the seals this time for a good refresh and not tempt fate. Can’t ask for anything more from it
    You should definitely change your seals dude! I really wouldn't keep your seals going that long. Maybe double the service interval (so 100 hours) if you clean everything out, and always change the foam rings. Not only do the seals wear, but the foam rings pick up particulate which is just rubbing on your stanchions and dirtying your oil. For as cheap as seals are, and you're already going to the trouble of opening the fork up, I would just swap them. My. 02

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I'll dig them out and take some pics in the next couple days.

I don't have it but a good friend who I ride with a lot does. It seems like air transfers between the negative and positive springs randomly. Sometimes his fork feels plush, sometimes it gets stuck down a bit from the top, sometimes it feels harsh. He says it seems like it's really affected by temp and/or altitude changes.
    He should definitely talk to MRP about that. He may have a seal gone bad. That's not how they work typically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    You should definitely change your seals dude! I really wouldn't keep your seals going that long. Maybe double the service interval (so 100 hours) if you clean everything out, and always change the foam rings. Not only do the seals wear, but the foam rings pick up particulate which is just rubbing on your stanchions and dirtying your oil. For as cheap as seals are, and you're already going to the trouble of opening the fork up, I would just swap them. My. 02

Point well taken. Typical of my hatchet job mechanical ability. They showed no wear so clean, oil and g2g. I think they lost some air in the fall in the cold so it’s on the list. 4 years use is pretty damn good for any fork. I’ll dbl check the bushings but I think there wasn’t much slop

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    But then again, I'm also not getting on great with the RC damper compared to the RCT3... either that or there is just some friction somewhere in my Pike that has not been remedied by oil/seal changes, lubing and the debonair spring.
    ACs bike came with a RC and I did some reading at the time trying to figure out what the real difference between the two was. From what I can gather the dampers are the same, but they put a different shim stack in the RC that is a little harsher. The more conspiratorial folks out there think they did this purposefully to make the RCT3 seem "better." Supposedly it's not that hard to change the shim stack.

Point well taken. Typical of my hatchet job mechanical ability. They showed no wear so clean, oil and g2g. I think they lost some air in the fall in the cold so it’s on the list. 4 years use is pretty damn good for any fork. I’ll dbl check the bushings but I think there wasn’t much slop
    Well the bushings are separate from the seals. Depending on your soil, conditions, how you ride (are you blowing up dusty berms or charging into mud holes, using a lot of your travel all the time or just a little... Etc) you can go past their service intervals for sure, but I promise you that sticking to the ~50 hour services, especially if you're doing them yourself, will be worth it. Invest in a good seal press (Abbey tools), or make one if you have access to some delrin blocks and a lathe, and you'll be good to go.

If you really feel like the seals look ok after ~50 hours, what you can do is wipe them down REALLY well with alcohol, lube them back up with slick honey or assembly compound, and replace the foam rings. You can buy the foam rings in bulk. Of course, YMMV and most suspension companies would not be happy to honor warranties if they know you're doing that.

If you're curious about some suspension "hacks", pm me. There are a few little things that you can do to better the feel of your fork (regarding oil weights and assembly compounds) that I think are worth it if you're into it. I'm not gonna post them because I don't want someone searching these threads and confusing themselves and fucking up their warranty.

Well the bushings are separate from the seals. Depending on your soil, conditions, how you ride (are you blowing up dusty berms or charging into mud holes, using a lot of your travel all the time or just a little... Etc) you can go past their service intervals for sure, but I promise you that sticking to the ~50 hour services, especially if you're doing them yourself, will be worth it. Invest in a good seal press (Abbey tools), or make one if you have access to some delrin blocks and a lathe, and you'll be good to go.

If you really feel like the seals look ok after ~50 hours, what you can do is wipe them down REALLY well with alcohol, lube them back up with slick honey or assembly compound, and replace the foam rings. You can buy the foam rings in bulk. Of course, YMMV and most suspension companies would not be happy to honor warranties if they know you're doing that.

If you're curious about some suspension "hacks", pm me. There are a few little things that you can do to better the feel of your fork (regarding oil weights and assembly compounds) that I think are worth it if you're into it. I'm not gonna post them because I don't want someone searching these threads and confusing themselves and fucking up their warranty.

Very cool. Thanks for that. I’ll procrastinate for a bit and pm you later in the spring . I have plans for an additional bike so I’d like to keep my scout with the diamond as is for another year. Thanks again

I think I have to buy one of these just to not think about snow for 5 minutes.

The shoveling, the skiing, the snowboarding, the snowmobiling, and then more shoveling.

I need a fucking break. What does dirt smell like? I don't remember.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Very cool. Thanks for that. I’ll procrastinate for a bit and pm you later in the spring . I have plans for an additional bike so I’d like to keep my scout with the diamond as is for another year. Thanks again
    Radical plans for another bike are always good

Radical plans for another bike are always good

That’s my thinking. Cold af here at the moment but temp will flip soon and snowpack is going to disappear quick this year. I’ll be in touch sooner rather than later I think. Hard to think of dirt atm at -17c

Bump because I just ordered a new Trail Pistol (Ride 1 build with some upgrades) and I'm looking forward to getting some long rides on it. According to their estimates, I should have it in late June or early July. I'll post some pictures and a proper review once I can put some time on the bike. I'm curious to see how it compares to the new Ripley, as the geometry is very similar.

You looking at switching to GG for demos?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    He just realized that after all these years of chasing epic, epic is actually pretty fast and no sissy dentist ibis is gonna cut it. Need some guerilla meat to really close in on epic and take that bitch down.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Bump because I just ordered a new Trail Pistol (Ride 1 build with some upgrades) and I'm looking forward to getting some long rides on it. According to their estimates, I should have it in late June or early July. I'll post some pictures and a proper review once I can put some time on the bike. I'm curious to see how it compares to the new Ripley, as the geometry is very similar.
    I'm in the same boat. Ordered a trail pistol, and looks like it'll show up on Friday. Said fuck it and went with their sizing recommendation. Reach is about 50mm longer than my current bike. We'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    He just realized that after all these years of chasing epic, epic is actually pretty fast and no sissy dentist ibis is gonna cut it. Need some guerilla meat to really close in on epic and take that bitch down.
    ^^^ This. I had an HDR, liked it. Traded it in for a Megatrail and I am now 1.92387% faster on the down. Can't wait till I need another bike, because it'll be one of these fancy carbon GGs, but that's gonna be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Ordered a trail pistol, and looks like it'll show up on Friday. Said fuck it and went with their sizing recommendation. Reach is about 50mm longer than my current bike. We'll see how that goes.
    Hey fuck you guys. I ordered one too a while back and haven't heard squat about delivery. (kidwoos brain: while back = last year, Reality: while back = 2 weeks ago)

I too went with the bottom bottom of their size recs. I think I'm going to hate it. But the next size down won't be made for a while so I'll just throw my back out in the meantime.

Hey fuck you guys. I ordered one too a while back and haven't heard squat about delivery. (kidwoos brain: while back = last year, Reality: while back = 2 weeks ago)

I too went with the bottom bottom of their size recs. I think I'm going to hate it. But the next size down won't be made for a while so I'll just throw my back out in the meantime.
    On the upside, I'll only throw my back out on the descents. Steep seat tube means the ETT actually isn't all that long.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Sizing rec's for the alloy Shred Dogg were 5-3 to 5-8 for size small, and at 5-6/30" inseam the small fits me perfectly with 800 mm bars and a 40 mm stem. YMMV, but in my case the sizing rec's were spot on.

Funny story, literally the day after my Shred Dogg showed up I fell on a rock skiing, separated my shoulder and bruised the bejeesus out of my scapula. Thus, I'm just now getting to the point where I can really see what the GG capable of. Compared to my Reign the weight, suspension travel, and component quality are about the same, but it handily outperforms the Reign in every respect. So planted on steep climbs, so much better on steep descents, and the cornering, sweet jesus, be still my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Sizing rec's for the alloy Shred Dogg were 5-3 to 5-8 for size small, and at 5-6/30" inseam the small fits me perfectly with 800 mm bars and a 40 mm stem. YMMV, but in my case the sizing rec's were spot on.

Funny story, literally the day after my Shred Dogg showed up I fell on a rock skiing, separated my shoulder and bruised the bejeesus out of my scapula. Thus, I'm just now getting to the point where I can really see what the GG capable of. Compared to my Reign the weight, suspension travel, and component quality are about the same, but it handily outperforms the Reign in every respect. So planted on steep climbs, so much better on steep descents, and the cornering, sweet jesus, be still my heart.
    You got a size 2?

You got a size 2?
    Sort of. I bought a used 2018 alloy model in "small." IIRC, a small in their old sizing system equates to a 2 in the new system.

I was gonna get a venti, but thought the grande actually worked better for my style.

Guerilla Gravity- now Carbon made in USA- 300% stronger, cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    It’s something I’m considering for next season... along with a few other things. Always have to keep options open, you know?

I had some Southwest travel funds that needed to be used by end of June, so got a flight to Denver and reserved a Trail Pistol demo bike for June 15-17.

Nice, post your thoughts afterwards... I’m hoping to get mine by early July. If you want to push that bike on some rowdy trails, head up to Left Hand OHV outside of Boulder one day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Carbon Trail Pistol. It's rad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190610-_MOP8033.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	285630

Again: fuck you for getting yours before me.

Get that wheel buzzin on that shoulder son. Should be easy with those dump truck wheels

Noice.