Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol_23 View Post

I AM inexperienced with skis which is I thought it would be fun to come here for help
    Patroller huh?

The size is mostly because I have to pull a sled where the tails can be a problem with hitting the chain break and the actual toboggan if it’s to long of a ski. Also need to be able to turn on a dime on bullet proof ice which is frequent conditions on my mountain so shorter ski makes this easier

[/url]
    dude...

The chain brake runs under the toboggan --
    You might have an issue if you were skiing 240cm speed skis, but with any downhill ski up to 212cm
    this is not an issue.

Good luck with developing your skiing skills for patrolling --

( there is plenty of good advice here regarding skis.
    personally, If I was likely to experience ice in SCal. I would be looking for an 85mm waisted 16m - 18m, 174cm-184cm Work ski.
    RTM, Experience, … ( my (Volkl) RTMs are amazing skis )

Good luck. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Patroller huh?
    Yeah I was on a board for years but transitioned to skis recently. I wouldn’t be on skis if I didn’t think I could do it safely.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’ve got some very, very beat 181 ON3P Wrenegade 102. They’ve been freshly tuned and need a few helicoils.

Mounted for Pivots and Dynafit Radicals at 302. Pivot mount can go down to 295.

PM if interested.

I used to patrol. You’ll be fine on those 2 pairs of Hart Feulie Bosses.

I have those Monsters for sale. They’re a good patrol ski.

I’ve done lots of sled work with 196 Renegades, which has a LOT of tail, even compared to old school 210+ skis. It’s something to be aware of, but if you’re competent enough to take a live body down a hill on a sled, you shouldn’t have a problem.

The problem with asking for advice is you’ll get it. Like most skiers, patrollers tend to overthink their equipment. This is a good example. Get good skis you’re comfortable on in all conditions at most speeds. Any other consideration is secondary.
    focus.

Pretty new to this site so I rather not give out too much information as of yet cause there's only 3 real mountains in my area and I already mentioned I'm a patroller so there's a strong chance someone here could find me. I feel like I narrowed down the snow conditions enough tho considering southern california should be a dead give away
    are you hiding?
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    are you hiding?
    Sasquatch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums