Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teleposeur View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ester-and-more
    These fischers would probably be a fine work ski, dunno about a plate binding, but you should probably learn to tele anyway, its the best option for route.
    Looked at this post at one points, have a friend who rides those mantras and loves them, as well as the experiences but I wasn't a member on here yet so I couldn't try and buy them. The Fishers on the other hand seem to be quite damaged but I wouldn't mind having a ski like that with the binding set up cause I want to skin up mountains eventually. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Blizzard Brahma

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    These skis definitely seems like all around ski I could use thank you, I'll look for some!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrol_23 View Post
    I heard size and weight didn't matter to much

BSL is 296
    5' 9.5"
    165lbs
    That's what all the skinny people think

Enforcer 100

Rossignol Sky/Soul7 depending on waist width desired

Rustler 9/10

Liberty 96

Pinnacle 105

Ranger 102

PB&J

And as always ... The Red Ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

This post was an amazing bit of fun while sipping my coffee this AM...based on the answers givin by the OP I’m not sure I’d want him to rescue me.

To some extent, it almost doesn't matter. Once you get good on skis, you are probably going to get something else anyway. Something used/cheap is a good bet. It will probably end up with a useful spot in your quiver, unless you actually do get a <170 ski.

The Soul 7, which is a much maligned ski in these parts, is probably actually perfect. Or whatever rossi is calling the next width down in that series. The Experience, or similar, is not such a hot idea. A bit demanding, to learn on. Not a super versatile ski, that is interesting to ski in powder. Personally, I like the ski for patrolling in the East, but not a great ski for you- more of a quiver ski. I am not a great skier, and essentially learned to ski as a patroller. Had I learned on the Experience, I think I would be a worse skier now.

The perfect ski, at the perfect price.

Name:  1274-2T.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  5.9 KB

It is very similar to the S3 I patrolled on, versatile and fun, and a great ski for running a sled on technical or tricky terrain.

While some folks have been busting your rookie nuts on this thread, I am actually serious. When Rossi makes "women's" skis in this line up, all they do is change the graphic. The real question is, are you man enough to patrol on a ski that looks like this? I am. I occasionally patrol on this same graphic, 116 under foot, 188 long. My female co-workers are pretty jealous.

In all seriousness go buy yourself a moment pb&j or Kartel 98, both are easy to ski and can get you anywhere on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    This post was an amazing bit of fun while sipping my coffee this AM...based on the answers givin by the OP I’m not sure I’d want him to rescue me.
    X2 except: I'm sure. Not.

Through the haze of the carnage, I'm sure I could manage to ridicule yer soul7's.

OTOH, if you roll up on 190 explosivs', I might relax.

“160-175” is way short for someone 5-9
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Praxis RX in a 165 cm with a red topsheet. You'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    In all seriousness go buy yourself a moment pb&j or Kartel 98, both are easy to ski and can get you anywhere on the hill.
    Haha thanks Luke, glad you had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    “160-175” is way short for someone 5-9
    The size is mostly because I have to pull a sled where the tails can be a problem with hitting the chain break and the actual toboggan if it’s to long of a ski. Also need to be able to turn on a dime on bullet proof ice which is frequent conditions on my mountain so shorter ski makes this easier

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    X2 except: I'm sure. Not.

Through the haze of the carnage, I'm sure I could manage to ridicule yer soul7's.

OTOH, if you roll up on 190 explosivs', I might relax.
    Find me some explosives then

The size is mostly because I have to pull a sled where the tails can be a problem with hitting the chain break and the actual toboggan if it’s to long of a ski. Also need to be able to turn on a dime on bullet proof ice which is frequent conditions on my mountain so shorter ski makes this easier

Standard Cascade Rescue sled? The handles are long enough to keep your tails from hitting the sled and the chain break is either in your hand or under the sled.

But I still think you're a well crafted troll.

0N3P Vicik is my work ski. Best do all and very cost effective. Just hard to find...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Standard Cascade Rescue sled? The handles are long enough to keep your tails from hitting the sled and the chain break is either in your hand or under the sled.

But I still think you're a well crafted troll.
    Yes we run cascade sleds but there is still very experience patrollers that have longer skis that have said they have had problems with longer skis. I’m only going off the information I been told by people in the industry for 10+ years

Come on guys. Troll troll troll.

210cm Volkl Machete.

Troll.

.....really?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    0N3P Vicik is my work ski. Best do all and very cost effective. Just hard to find...
    Okay thanks! This is the kinda ski I’m looking into, something super versatile in all conditions

Maybe these guys can help
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=A0L_e142jhU

WTB: SKIS!!! Ski Patroller needs help with a quiver

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Troll
    Not understanding why anyone thinks I’m trolling, honestly just looking for suggestions and maybe someone has a ski for me.I’m inexperienced with some stuff when it comes to skis, which I’ve mentioned in my original post. Most of what I know is coming from information I’ve gotten from various patrollers I work with they have the experience so I trust what I’ve heard so far so I’m sorry if you don’t agree with what they said.

That being said I do want to thank everyone who had put in solid advice and suggestions, as a newbie here it’s greatly appreciated

Okay thanks! This is the kinda ski I’m looking into, something super versatile in all conditions

Well here ya go.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...h-w-o-bindings

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I scrolled down after posting and saw that. Ha!

I will rephrase: the 176 are hard to find, I speak from experience!
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I scrolled down after posting and saw that. Ha!

I will rephrase: the 176 are hard to find, I speak from experience!
    I think the OP would be fine on the 186. I bet I regret selling them as this is my second pair. I just have too many skis in that range and these got the cut.

If you are patrolling at Baldy or Waterman, I would say Praxis freeride for something bomber.

Big Bear go for some Moment 182 pb & j's.

Mt. High some sweet snowblades.

You have any free tickets to give out?

WTB: SKIS!!! Ski Patroller needs help with a quiver

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    If you are patrolling at Baldy or Waterman, I would say Praxis freeride for something bomber.

Big Bear go for some Moment 182 pb & j's.

Mt. High some sweet snowblades.

You have any free tickets to give out?
    Thanks for the suggestions
    Out of a lot of the suggestions some moments 182s or the similar kartel 98 are what I’m looking for currently for one of my skis.

And yeah I may be able to do something about tickets haha. They are hard to come by tho even as a patroller