Fitting full tilts to skinny legs

Son bought some full tilts and we put intuition full wraps in it but still can't make up enough volume on the shin to prevent bang. Any suggestions on a different liner or should we abandon the boot and try something different. He has chicken legs. 27.0 boot size.
    Driving to Targhee

I've seen these things on the rack in the boot area at Starthaus in Truckee. Seems like they're made for your boy's issue? No experience personally.
    https://www.tognar.com/the-eliminato...-tongue-shims/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Order smaller cables from full tilt

Eat a sammich and hit the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Order smaller cables from full tilt
    This, x2.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

shorter cables/move cables to smaller setting on shell

power strap around the liner only

a non-wrap liner (tongue can go closer to shin)

Tell him to never skip leg day

If I remember correctly, Intuition does have some liners that take up more space in the boot. I'd give them a call and see what their thoughts are on the situation, and what liner that they would recommend.

Gonna hijack the thread a bit. In general terms is it accurate to say FT fit smaller then most MFG? I've read a few things that leads me to believe that at 28.5 fits more like a 27.5 in let's say a Salomon. Obviously not looking for exact science here just checking to see if I'm reading correctly

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

a non-wrap liner (tongue can go closer to shin)
    Ultimately, this has been my conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Gonna hijack the thread a bit. In general terms is it accurate to say FT fit smaller then most MFG? I've read a few things that leads me to believe that at 28.5 fits more like a 27.5 in let's say a Salomon. Obviously not looking for exact science here just checking to see if I'm reading correctly

not uncommen

Can confirm FTs + an Intuition Race HD liner is a much snugger fit in the calf than a power wrap. The HD stiffens them up a lot however, go with the Race FX if he doesn't want them stiffer.

Have the same issue with super low volume lower legs. I disagree with going with a tongue style liner. Wrap style line is the way to go in my opinion. If an intuition wrap is not enough (it wasn't for me) then foam can be added between the wrap layers in the front to take up room. Yeah tongue will get closer to your shin but you'll still have a bunch of room in front of the tongue and your shell and as you flex in the boot, the tongue will move away from your shin and now you have a bunch of slop.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post

For me 100% in the Drop Kick and similar. I can't comment on the other models. I wear a 27.5 in Dalbello 3 piece and 28.5 in FT. The BSL is same in both brands in the two sizes btw.

And for the other question, put a booster strap on instead of the FT velcro and put that booster on tight. If you run out of buckle range, then shorter cables too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang