Looking for construction help in Taos, NM

Putting some feelers out and will need a hand or two in the spring / summer / fall. Reliable labor is very hard to come by down here so I’m looking for a good fit and someone that wants to learn and grow in a rewarding trade.

I’m starting a small business and will be subcontracting for the general I’ve worked for for the past year or so. Tasks will include light framing, windows, doors, siding, trim and some cabinets. All new construction until 2020-ish.

We’ll primarily have projects in Taos Ski Valley doing high end, energy efficient homes.

Ideally I’d like to bring on someone with little skills and a strong work ethic. This goes wayyyy farther than the “I’ve done it all and know everything about construction” mentality.

If anyone is interested please shoot me a PM. We’ll go ski and chat if you’d like to come check out the area.

Thanks a bunch gang.

nice dude

good luck with the startup!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    nice dude

good luck with the startup!
    Thanks AC!

BUMP

I have a friend that lives in Taos. He might now someone. I'll pass it on.

"Good help is hard to find!" more like any help is hard to find. I hope it is going well for ya. As a carpenter, I've decided that there are so many better ways to make money than employ people. When I've had employees, I feel like I work for them more than they work for me...and I pay really well. Subcontract labor is the only way to go in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    "Good help is hard to find!" more like any help is hard to find. I hope it is going well for ya. As a carpenter, I've decided that there are so many better ways to make money than employ people. When I've had employees, I feel like I work for them more than they work for me...and I pay really well. Subcontract labor is the only way to go in this market.
    Agreed. And as a subcontracted carpenter, I’m trying to take on as many scopes as I can right now. Blessed to be working with a great GC whom I used to be employed with and then didn’t want employees any more. So here I am haha.

Thanks for sending a friend my way, blackalps

If my job search continues as it has I may be interested. Graduate in may and need a better job than what im currently doing at school. My mom also moved to los alamos a few years back so free living would help. New account so I lost my privileges but ill be skiing at Taos since im on break so id love to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    Agreed. And as a subcontracted carpenter, I’m trying to take on as many scopes as I can right now. Blessed to be working with a great GC whom I used to be employed with and then didn’t want employees any more. So here I am haha.

Thanks for sending a friend my way, blackalps
    Good luck with this. The tough thing with building in tsv, as you know, is the commute. Tough to find people to do that when there's work in town. I built two houses and remodeled one in tsv. Sure is a sweet place to work all summer...and winter!