Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Since Vail bought CB, Real Deal passes are no longer available. Anyone have a lead on discounted tickets? I have 50% off Aspen/Snowmass tickets to trade.
    When are you coming? I might know some employees who could help, but I'm leaving in a few days. Or just post the same thing on the Gunnison Marketplace on Facebook and see what happens.

In other news: "They are careful not to throw previous owners under the bus, but they express some astonishment at the condition of chairlifts. It didn’t take long for them to realize they simply could not run the Teocalli Lift, a 1979 Riblet — a double-seater with the pole in the middle. "https://coloradosun.com/2019/02/18/c...orts-ski-lift/

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    When are you coming? I might know some employees who could help, but I'm leaving in a few days. Or just post the same thing on the Gunnison Marketplace on Facebook and see what happens.

]
    Looking to ski this Friday and Saturday.

Shoot, leaving Thursday, not sure how much help I can be. Maybe try Gone Skiing?

In other news: "They are careful not to throw previous owners under the bus, but they express some astonishment at the condition of chairlifts. It didn’t take long for them to realize they simply could not run the Teocalli Lift, a 1979 Riblet — a double-seater with the pole in the middle. "https://coloradosun.com/2019/02/18/c...orts-ski-lift/
    A couple years ago I got stuck on that lift for about 15 minutes. Turns out someone had gotten off at the top and somehow swung the chair sideways, which then wrapped itself around the guide. Turned the chair into origami and shut the lift down till they could untangle it. Chair is definitely sketch.

PM sent
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

That Colorado Sun article was really good. Blevins is always on point.

Here's a little info on the future plans for lifts at CB (map at bottom):
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/ww...T3_4616524.pdf

Might actually happen with some VR money. Extending NFL down to Paradise, and a few lifts back in Teo.

I know some of the guys on Lift maintenance down there, from what I understand they are pretty under staffed, un-supported, and short on parts. That might be changing in the near future hopefully w/ Vail money.

Seems like simply ditching the old Teocalli lift altogether might be a good option? Just get rid of the couple shitty blue runs over there? Maybe there's something I'm missing...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seems like simply ditching the old Teocalli lift altogether might be a good option? Just get rid of the couple shitty blue runs over there? Maybe there's something I'm missing...
    No, it's a shitty situation not having it.

1- It's the backup to get skiers back to the frontside if Paradise has to close for weather or mechanical

2- You can ski to Paradise lodge via fairly easy intermediate runs from Red Lady. Then go up Teo and ski a green back to the base. Ideal for lessons, etc. The blues off Paradise are quite a bit steeper, and tougher for lower intermediate skiers. My instructor friends are hating it this year...

No, it's a shitty situation not having it.

1- It's the backup to get skiers back to the frontside if Paradise has to close for weather or mechanical

2- You can ski to Paradise lodge via fairly easy intermediate runs from Red Lady. Then go up Teo and ski a green back to the base. Ideal for lessons, etc. The blues off Paradise are quite a bit steeper, and tougher for lower intermediate skiers. My instructor friends are hating it this year...
    So there *was* something I was missing... thanks for clearing up the reason for the existence of Teo.

How much could resorts be getting from Ikon or any mega-pass? It must be some fraction of pass cost divided by days skied. If you divide pass price by 20 days that number gets pretty small.

If resorts are used to getting $100+ per day from tourists they will need to see a lot of mega-pass visits to break even for every full priced ticket lost.

How much do resorts depend on $100+ day passes?

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    How much do resorts depend on $200+ day passes?
    FIFY.

How much could resorts be getting from Ikon or any mega-pass? It must be some fraction of pass cost divided by days skied. If you divide pass price by 20 days that number gets pretty small.

If resorts are used to getting $100+ per day from tourists they will need to see a lot of mega-pass visits to break even for every full priced ticket lost.

How much do resorts depend on $100+ day passes?
    F&B

ETA: OK, mostly B

I figured it out. I started recently traveling all over north east for work. People love to talk about skiing here apparently, everywhere. It takes two sentences before we’re talking about epic or whateverelsethefickpassyouhave. Marketing, bitches

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    Go back to the mid 90’s... Honeycomb wouldn’t open for days after a storm.
    Um... some things don't change.

I have heard the figure of around $ 50.00 per day for the ski area kicked around on a $899.00 IKON pass. Could be higher, could be a little lower.

Local area has said skier visits are up by 60K and 80% are IKON passes, if 50 is the correct number that 48K translates to 2.4 million that they may/may not have generated.

These types of passes are not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I have heard the figure of around $ 50.00 per day for the ski area kicked around on a $899.00 IKON pass. Could be higher, could be a little lower.

Local area has said skier visits are up by 60K and 80% are IKON passes, if 50 is the correct number that 48K translates to 2.4 million that they may/may not have generated.

These types of passes are not going anywhere
    Begs the question. At what point and how are resorts reimbursed ? Ponzi?

If IKON gets 899 per pass for the high end that means they have to pay out for 18 ski days before they start to lose $$$. My best guess is that most pass holders don't hit 18, and the data and info that can be compiled from IKON usage has value as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    If IKON gets 899 per pass for the high end that means they have to pay out for 18 ski days before they start to lose $$$. My best guess is that most pass holders don't hit 18, and the data and info that can be compiled from IKON usage has value as well.
    I went 18 days in October this year. It's good to know that every day I ski the Basin, I'm taking money out of Vail's pocket.

Epic is a bit of a different animal but same idea all in all.

For every one of you there may be 100-1000 who don't eat their fill.