Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

K2 Mindbender Skis

Anyone been out on the 99ti? Haven't been excited about anything from K2 for a number of years but these look good, with the exception of the hybrid construction. Sure wish they were full sidewall.

I have about 10 days on them. They are the real deal. Review here.
    Click. Point. Chute.

already available for purchase in europe via sport-conrad

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    already available for purchase in europe via sport-conrad

Buy in the States too.

https://www.evo.com/skis/k2-mindbender-99ti
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Should come in 193 in the fall 186 is the longest available until then i believe

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Same price $699.99 in Canadian dollars at Monod Sports and $649.99 for the 90ti. Skiing in Banff right now and they had them on the floor and have sold some already. “Everyone eager for the 108ti around here” the salesperson said. The 90ti and 99ti had a nice playful flex and weight to them. Bet they are a fun ski.

Anyone have time on the 193cm MB 108Ti ?

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    193 was just released last month so most ppl have only skied that ski in 186, however
    Ppl involved in R&D or time on protons would have some input. on them. As soon as lifts spin Ill let you know what I think

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
    I'm a little biased but I'll let you know

I'm looking forward to seeing how stable the 191 99ti and 193 108ti are.

skied on the prototype 99ti most of last season,it was a 184,there wasn't any type of snow condition,where i wish i was on something differant,front eastcoast concrete,to 24 inches of fluff and everything in between.it was stable at my top speeds which i would venture to say 45 to 50mph.my son skied the 108 proto,i think it was 186,he is based in Tahoe,he really liked the 108,for him it was stable at speeds of at least 60mph,he competed on it in several of the FWQ's,this season he'll have a pair of the MB 116's in 193's for the deeper days.even many of my long time dynastar freinds really liked the MB's,but they will never make the swicth.the MB's are much more of a ski than the pinnacles,very crisp yet playful

My $.02 from a few runs on the 184 99 Ti was that the ski was almost as much work in bumps or trees as a dedicated front side ski, but didn’t carve quite as well. For me personally, that balance of trade offs didn’t make sense because I don’t care much how my ~100 mm skis do in powder.

Can see how it would make sense for some folks - very much agree with Blister’s review of the 99 Ti.

Got out on Saturday. That ski fucking rips. Solid, stable, predictable at speed, but yet really easy to ski through tight lines or short turns through moguls.
    I didn't find the speed limit. I have several pairs of skis but I could totally see it being a one ski quiver

The 108 is the only ski in awhile that would get me to check out a demo day. Marketing tricksters are doing their job here.

I demo'd the 108s last spring and liked them quite a bit. They didn't have the 193s in the demo fleet unfortunately. Glad to hear you're digging em SVS.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The 108 is the only ski in awhile that would get me to check out a demo day. Marketing tricksters are doing their job here.
    The 108 shreds. I'm not a marketing trickster. I skied it on melt/freeze groomers and was shocked at the edge hold and ability to release the tail. The tip felt slightly out of its element and would likely be dialed for softer snow.

The Mantra 102 was significantly cheaper for me. That's it. Well, that and I have a deep snow ski.

I’ve been the 108 since last February. Use it as my everyday ski at Jay and Stowe. Mounted +1 and it shreds but is also easy in the trees.
    I really liked the 99 as well but the 108 is just a little “looser” for off piste and carves quite well for its size.

I've been happy with the 99ti as a low tide ski. I usually don't like directional skis but it rips and isn't very demanding.

Here is my synopsis on the K2 Mindbender 99ti so far, you should try them.

I have the 184cm model. Shortest ski I’ve owned since I retired from pro skiing. Skinniest ski I’ve owned since then as well.

Skied a few runs yesterday at Snowbird around noon. Legs were tired from a 4 hour snowmobile ride the day before. Conditions ranged from soft chop to rock hard crud, and variable groomers.

It skis longer than 184cm, likely because it’s closer to 186cm long and has very little tail rocker. Also the mount point is -11cm from true center which is much further back than anything I’ve skied in a long time.

My everyday quiver has been ON3P Jeffrey 108 186 and Moment Bibby Pro 190

Groomers: the ski does a good job at smoothing our variable terrain. I never found its speed limit, which was scary because with no tail rocker it’s pretty hard to scrub speed when you need to. With fresh legs the ski was totally fine. I had to stay over the front of it, but as long as I did, the tail felt easy to slide and the ski didn’t feel like that much work. But as I got more tired, I was left wishing for a ski with more rocker and a more forward mount point. Because it’s so heavy and its mount point is so far it leaves you with a lot of heavy ski in front of you. I don’t think I’ve EVER truly carved on rails down the front of the steepest part of Regultor before.

Soft Chop: skis like it’s fatter than it is. Skied top to bottom great Scott in variable and soft wind chop at top, firm chop in middle, and soft chop at bottom. Took 2-3 fewer turns from top to bottom than I normally do (which means 5-6 turns instead of 7-9 turns) and it always felt composed enough in the tip to keep pushing, as long as you realized you’d never be able to release the tail to dump speed super quickly without putting all your weight forward.

Hard Chop: I like to bounce around through and slash on top of hard chop to control my speed - and this ski just isn’t slashy. That said, I didn’t really ski hard chop slower than normal, just had to do so with more of a traditional style.

Summary: if you ski traditional with good form and have enough leg strength to really ski the front of the ski, then you’ll have a really fun day. I liked them, but may have to adjust my skiing style when I use them, which might not be a bad thing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here is my synopsis on the K2 Mindbender 99ti so far, you should try them.

I have the 184cm model. Shortest ski I’ve owned since I retired from pro skiing. Skinniest ski I’ve owned since then as well.

Skied a few runs yesterday at Snowbird around noon. Legs were tired from a 4 hour snowmobile ride the day before. Conditions ranged from soft chop to rock hard crud, and variable groomers.

It skis longer than 184cm, likely because it’s closer to 186cm long and has very little tail rocker. Also the mount point is -11cm from true center which is much further back than anything I’ve skied in a long time.

My everyday quiver has been ON3P Jeffrey 108 186 and Moment Bibby Pro 190

Groomers: the ski does a good job at smoothing our variable terrain. I never found its speed limit, which was scary because with no tail rocker it’s pretty hard to scrub speed when you need to. With fresh legs the ski was totally fine. I had to stay over the front of it, but as long as I did, the tail felt easy to slide and the ski didn’t feel like that much work. But as I got more tired, I was left wishing for a ski with more rocker and a more forward mount point. Because it’s so heavy and its mount point is so far it leaves you with a lot of heavy ski in front of you. I don’t think I’ve EVER truly carved on rails down the front of the steepest part of Regultor before.

Soft Chop: skis like it’s fatter than it is. Skied top to bottom great Scott in variable and soft wind chop at top, firm chop in middle, and soft chop at bottom. Took 2-3 fewer turns from top to bottom than I normally do (which means 5-6 turns instead of 7-9 turns) and it always felt composed enough in the tip to keep pushing, as long as you realized you’d never be able to release the tail to dump speed super quickly without putting all your weight forward.

Hard Chop: I like to bounce around through and slash on top of hard chop to control my speed - and this ski just isn’t slashy. That said, I didn’t really ski hard chop slower than normal, just had to do so with more of a traditional style.

Summary: if you ski traditional with good form and have enough leg strength to really ski the front of the ski, then you’ll have a really fun day. I liked them, but may have to adjust my skiing style when I use them, which might not be a bad thing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any updates from MB 108 Ti owners? Looking at adding a 186. Like the feel of a heavier ski with 20-m+ radius and soft snow manner for the PNW.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

The 186 MB108 has been the most impressive ski I have owned since I bought spatulas 15+yrs ago. They are not for everyone I’m sure but they are fun.
    Harvest the ride.

I'm low tiding/daily driving the MB99Ti in Whistler Blackcomb atm, and yes, these things rip. Haven't found their top end. Can handle icy groomers and moguls, but also destroy soft chop. I find them a pretty dialed balance of traditional ski with a bit of playfulness. They should sell a metric fuckton of these skis.

K2 Mindbender Skis

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    The 186 MB108 has been the most impressive ski I have owned since I bought spatulas 15+yrs ago. They are not for everyone I’m sure but they are fun.
    That’s a crazy endorsement. Love it.