Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Holy crap! The 2023 MB 108Ti mounted at +1cm is a great ski in 6” of new on crust. Great float and they blow through piles of chunder. More coming later….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Please tell more...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by bvav View Post
    Hi all, wondering if anyone has a view on sizing for the ‘23 MB99ti between the 184 and 190. I’m having the classic maneuverability vs stability debate. Leaning 184 but as mentioned below, I’m coming off two sizes of Enforcer and might find I want the longer ski moving to a single sheet of metal.

I’m 6’3, 225, skiing mostly CO/UT. High intermediate, probably 60/40 off/on piste. I tend to charge groomers but noodle in trees, and also spend a lot of time skiing slowly with my kids on greens where I aim for every sidehit and switchback “chute” that I find. Boots are Atomic Hawx 130. I’m looking to consolidate a 186 Enforcer 94 and 191 Enforcer 110 into a one ski quiver (will rent fat skis if it dumps). The 94 is a bit too demanding off piste and doesn’t like going slow with the kids, and the 110 feels a bit long in steeper trees and bumps.
    Go 191

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

...I'd go shorter because of what you said about your Enforcer 94's. I get that people ski X length and have no problem with it but most guys are overskied. So rather than potentially heaving around a heavier, stiffer, longer and more rearward biased mounted ski (the MB 99ti 190 is all of those things over an E94), I say get the 184. Which is actually a softer (not by much but still) and a couple cm's shorter than the E94. The more rearward mount might make them feel like more ski in tight places?
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    ...I'd go shorter because of what you said about your Enforcer 94's. I get that people ski X length and have no problem with it but most guys are overskied. So rather than potentially heaving around a heavier, stiffer, longer and more rearward biased mounted ski (the MB 99ti 190 is all of those things over an E94), I say get the 184. Which is actually a softer (not by much but still) and a couple cm's shorter than the E94. The more rearward mount might make them feel like more ski in tight places?
    Dude he's 6 3 225
    What are you 5 feet?
    184 is tiny for us big guys

I havent been on an enforcer 94, but is it truly lighter and softer than the newer version of the mb99? That would really surprise me, since the newer mb99 is so accessible, and isn’t terribly stiff or heavy

I definitely don’t think I’m overskied on the 184 - I have never felt the need to go shorter (and my ego is not afraid to ski something in the 170s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, wondering if anyone has a view on sizing for the ‘23 MB99ti between the 184 and 190. I’m having the classic maneuverability vs stability debate. Leaning 184 but as mentioned below, I’m coming off two sizes of Enforcer and might find I want the longer ski moving to a single sheet of metal.

I’m 6’3, 225, skiing mostly CO/UT. High intermediate, probably 60/40 off/on piste. I tend to charge groomers but noodle in trees, and also spend a lot of time skiing slowly with my kids on greens where I aim for every sidehit and switchback “chute” that I find. Boots are Atomic Hawx 130. I’m looking to consolidate a 186 Enforcer 94 and 191 Enforcer 110 into a one ski quiver (will rent fat skis if it dumps). The 94 is a bit too demanding off piste and doesn’t like going slow with the kids, and the 110 feels a bit long in steeper trees and bumps.
    I have 184 and I’m 6-1 220 I like good mix of stability and top end with quickness I wanted a groomer ripper that is fast but fun That’s what I got and I’m happy Quicker in trees and cut up

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    I havent been on an enforcer 94, but is it truly lighter and softer than the newer version of the mb99? That would really surprise me, since the newer mb99 is so accessible, and isn’t terribly stiff or heavy

I definitely don’t think I’m overskied on the 184 - I have never felt the need to go shorter (and my ego is not afraid to ski something in the 170s).

Nope. Enforcer 94 in the 186 is “more ski” than the current MB99 in the 184. MB99 has a more damp feel, IMO.

PSA TheLastHunt in Canada still has MB 108ti 193 for $320 $Canuck and free shipping to Can/USA. Also 116C 193 and Wayback 106 172/179/186 for $320

Quote Originally Posted by ARL67 View Post
    PSA TheLastHunt in Canada still has MB 108ti 193 for $320 $Canuck and free shipping to Can/USA. Also 116C 193 and Wayback 106 172/179/186 for $320
    Ya that’s where I got my 179cm 108MBTi…. review is coming. Really like it. Perfect ski for new snow on top of shit snow.

Can see me getting a 182cm Mindbender 116C this summer. Was talking to local retailer. Lots of skis not moving this year. Could be a a really good summer for deals.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Go 191

This, and don't sell the Enforcer 110. I love that ski and it's finished this year.

Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to go with the 190 - I figure I can always hack off a few cm if it feels too long

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    This, and don't sell the Enforcer 110. I love that ski and it's finished this year.
    My primary reason for selling is that the 1.1 cm waist difference between the MB99 and E110 seems too small if I only have a two-ski quiver; the E110 would have a good amount of overlap with the MB99 until it reached the point that I'd want a true pow ski. You think there's enough distinction there to keep both as my only two skis?

couple run review: 2/14/24
    5’9 155
    ‘23 mb 108ti 179
    better than than you (maybe)

-

picked up the skis from the shop at mont saint sauveur (because i didn’t want to mount my own fucking skis)

conditions: thaw / rain / freeze with strong wind polish, groomer till, and occasional sugar. not conditions you’d, ummm, travel for.

i haven’t tried a lot of skis in the category, in fact none of the pow skis i’ve been on recently have any metal in them and usually more 110+ than this type of ski.

as stated, conditions were not quite suitable for mindbenders but i wanted to see what i had.

from the first run, i was quite pleased. often when i get on a new ski, it can take me awhile to get it to click for me. the list of skis i did not like at first is long, and some remain on that list but these were easy from the start. i’m not used to damp skis with metal these days since i have been skiing an all praxis fleet, and did notice between the somewhat longer turn radius than i usually ski and wider width that they seemed to lag a bit between turns but that was somewhat expected.

on the bright side, they railed those turns on absolute garbage. i would kind of describe them as more of an american muscle car than my preferred nimble mvp 94s which are like a small euro air cooled 2 door.

not much of a speed limit, 1 turn per 100 vert kind of skis.

i wasn’t locked in to one shape but they weren’t quite as loose as i expected either.

conditions weren’t fun but i had a good time on the piste and completely avoided that out of control coming into the loft line on shitty pow skis feeling at all times.

since the whole mountain was dark, wind scoured, and thin i didn’t have a chance to try and moguls, trees, or airs, but felt things were promising for a second day after we get out of this pattern (if ever).

this season sucks out here, bleh.

anyway here’s the tom barbeau at mont saint sauveur

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2524.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	486890
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

My primary reason for selling is that the 1.1 cm waist difference between the MB99 and E110 seems too small if I only have a two-ski quiver; the E110 would have a good amount of overlap with the MB99 until it reached the point that I'd want a true pow ski. You think there's enough distinction there to keep both as my only two skis?
    I'll probably get flamed for this but ~110 +/- a few underfoot imo is plenty wide for resort pow planks, frankly don't see a need to go wider...once the snow gets cut up (which happens far faster than we'd like to admit) it's a chore on 120+ planks, and not lovely on the knees. So many great skis in that range, Dynastar MFree108, Enforcer 110, Rustler 11, Ranger 108, Sender Free 110, Mindbender 108, etc etc.

Have taken a 110 Enforcer out on 2+ foot resort days, bottomless sidecountry, cat ski trips during storm cycles, & never felt under gunned.

If I had to consolidate to 2 pairs, a mid/high 90's underfoot ski with some metal + good carver, (MB99 seems apt) and a 110Enforcer (or something else above^) for softer/new snow/powder days would cover resort skiing just fine for me.

Believe you mentioned in an earlier post consolidating by going 2 for 1, you don't want to be racing into a shop the night before, or messing around at the base morning of, to get set up on demo pow sticks on a deep day, just keep the 110's.

Is the mb99 ti a good in between the rustler and the enforcer. I am looking for a ski to complete a line blade and a Deathwish. Around 95-105mm for bumps and off piste but not boring on groomers. I used to have the rustler 9 and liked it but would like a higher top end (new design solved that? Not sure given blister’s flash review). I did not like the enforcer 100 when I tested it. Too stiff and planky. The rearward mount point of the mb is kind of pushing me off. What other skis should I consider? Blade optic, Masterblaster…?

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Is the mb99 ti a good in between the rustler and the enforcer. I am looking for a ski to complete a line blade and a Deathwish. Around 95-105mm for bumps and off piste but not boring on groomers. I used to have the rustler 9 and liked it but would like a higher top end (new design solved that? Not sure given blister’s flash review). I did not like the enforcer 100 when I tested it. Too stiff and planky. The rearward mount point of the mb is kind of pushing me off. What other skis should I consider? Blade optic, Masterblaster…?

The new MB99Ti is close to what you are after, but the rearward mount point felt off to me. I have the current Enforcer 100 (186) and like it quite a bit. Skied the current MB99 in the 184 for a few days. Easier to ski then the Enforcer 100 and actually reminded me more of the Enforcer 104 in feel. However, the rearward mount point mix with the more prominent rocker profile made the ski feel off in bumps and tight spaces. On groomers where it had space to run, it was silky smooth and easy, but suddenly became a bit clunky and planky in tight quarters. The MB99 is a very well-rounded ski and perhaps some of that feeling could be mitigated by sizing down.

The Blade Optic 104 is another good option. It's good enough on groomers (like a solid "B" grade) but not exciting. It's more fun off-piste, IMO. It's another well-rounded ski, but does make some compromises.

I find the Blister review pretty accurate for both the MB99 and BO104.

Thank you for the reply. Do you think that mounting 1 or 2cm forward could improve this ski in the bumps?

K2 Mindbender Skis

MB99 is very clunky in bumps. Could be the mount but +2 would not make a considerable difference IMO. I would lean towards sizing down. But given the skis you mentioned, Rustler, Deathwish, Blade, I would go in a different direction. Possibly Blade optic 96 but Ive never skied that. What about the Enforcer 104?

Ive owned both MB99’s in a 184. Kept the first gen pair. Also owned the 190 Deathwish. The Deathwish would be my choice for bumps over the MB99 by a large margin.

Last edited by slowroastin; 03-14-2024 at 06:57 PM.

K2 Mindbender Skis

I have a two days on the 2023 179cm Mindbender 108Ti….I’m mounted at +1cm (-8 cm). It straight pulls at 178.5cm so it’s a full 179cm.

Here’s my brief take after two days…

First day the alpine was closed and I skied about 8 runs on 6” of fresh pow on non-busy groomers. Unbelievable ski when there is space to run as bandit says. That long rocker in the tip was awesome…as you would fly over the smooth pow. Such a good day. Immediately started considering a MB99 and MB116. The 108’s were that good in fresh snow.

Second day I skied the MB108Ti everywhere at WB in less than ideal snow. First chair to last chair. Tight bumps, big moguls, trees, chutes, steeps, ice, fast groomers, wind blown chalk. It’s not as smooth when the terrain is tight and bumpy. More clunky for sure. Though I was kinda surprised that I could slarve the 108’s tails when needed. As there’s a fair bit of longish tail rocker too. It’s more fun (and user friendly) than an M102 for sure. Anytime I hit snow that was piled up the 108Ti just up and motored over it. Holy my legs were tired by 3:00 pm. Legs were not sore the next day, but they were pretty dead at the end of the day on last run. These take more effort to ski all day than a Hoji or Optic 104. The 108Ti needs to be skied when the terrain is not smooth.

I’m over getting a MB 99 or 116. And I’m undecided if I’m keeping the MB 108Ti. I got them from the Last Hunt for $300 CDN so a very low cost for me to try them.

I’d probably have a hard time grabbing the 179 MB108Ti over my 178 Blade Optic 104 if I was gonna have a really big day in bumpy, tight terrain. The Optic’s tails are friendlier.

K

Last edited by kc_7777; 03-15-2024 at 01:51 PM.

I love my 179 MB 108s in tight terrain, mounted on the line. However I took my 186s to Europe and that was a lot of ski. As much as I loved how they effortlessly crushed pow and chop and anything in their path, in tight spots they were too much. Next trip I'll bring the 179s. If you decide to sell yours lmk because I want a pair to mount with Duke PTs.

I'd say the 99 does everything well except bumps
    Where as the 108 does everything well including bumps

99 is a grudge fuck the mountain ski and the only way I found to ski moguls with it is to run them right the fuck over. Turning in the troughs leads to you getting fucked
    Fwiw I spent a week at Jackson with thefortrees and the 2 of us skied the 99 all day everyday and absolutely loved them but we were mainly OB mining teton gold

What the 99 gives up in the bumps it makes back for how well it floats in pow.

It sounds that it’s not what I am looking for and that a blade optic 96 or 104 would be a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    What the 99 gives up in the bumps it makes back for how well it floats in pow.

100 percent