Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    @skibrd, you have the 116C and the BMX115 in similar sizes, correct ? Is the 116C way easier than the BMX115 ?
    I have the BMX115 in a 185 and its easy enough for me despite the weight.
    I was thinking I could take the 193 116C for deeper days as I don’t want to go wider than that. I’m just afraid it might be too much ski, not sure ...

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    @skibrd, you have the 116C and the BMX115 in similar sizes, correct ? Is the 116C way easier than the BMX115 ?
    I have the BMX115 in a 185 and its easy enough for me despite the weight.
    I was thinking I could take the 193 116C for deeper days as I don’t want to go wider than that. I’m just afraid it might be too much ski, not sure ...
    Yes, correct, I have both the 116C and BMX115 in 192/3. I wouldn’t say easier per say, just different. The 116C doesn’t do snow where there is anything hard under the soft snow, where the BMX115 handles consistency and texture changes better, specifically going from soft to hard.

The 116C is just too light and doesn’t like hard chunks. I struggled a ton in warm dense spring pow, to the point where I wasn’t grabbing the 116C for sled skiing. They are just so light. Maybe a tune would help my pair, but I’m done for the year so that will have to wait until next year to try.

I also sled skied a ton after the resort closed, and again the 116c is light so I was grabbing heavier, and theoretically, more durable skis.

If you like the 185 BMX 115, Id say stick with that length for the 116C. The 116C is super easy to ski in deep snow, but the length adjustment might toss you for a loop. I used to be a big proponent of 200+ cm pow skis, when my every day skis were 190-195, and the adjustment always sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hi! For you guys who bought the mindbender 108 last year, how was the durability? I don't mind core shots mostly I am concerned about delamination, has anyone experienced that?
    Also according to blister review, some people mounted them at +1/+2, what do you guys think? I am not a park skier only hit natural features but I've since grown very fond of my black crows atris which has a -7cm mount so I am tempted to mount the MB 108 also slightly forward

Quote Originally Posted by fernandocz View Post
    Hi! For you guys who bought the mindbender 108 last year, how was the durability? I don't mind core shots mostly I am concerned about delamination, has anyone experienced that?
    Also according to blister review, some people mounted them at +1/+2, what do you guys think? I am not a park skier only hit natural features but I've since grown very fond of my black crows atris which has a -7cm mount so I am tempted to mount the MB 108 also slightly forward
    Only skied mine for two months before the shutdown, but no issues with durability so far.

As far as mounting a bit forward...sure? But why on THAT ski? The MB108 is very different than just about any Black Crows ski. The MB108 is a soft-snow freeride ski that handles groomers remarkably well...but it isn’t a freestyle ski. Why try to make it feel like one? I’m on the line on 186’s and would mess with the mount point.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Only skied mine for two months before the shutdown, but no issues with durability so far.

As far as mounting a bit forward...sure? But why on THAT ski? The MB108 is very different than just about any Black Crows ski. The MB108 is a soft-snow freeride ski that handles groomers remarkably well...but it isn’t a freestyle ski. Why try to make it feel like one? I’m on the line on 186’s and would mess with the mount point.

Thanks. I mentioned black crows atris because I always thought I like more directional skis considering I like to do big turns on steep terrain in general. However I surprisingly really loved the atris and I enjoyed how playful it is and I found it to be still adequate on very bad snow as long as I stay lighter on my feet and use my legs as suspension more. So I am kind of trying to find a middle ground between a traditional charger and a playful ski which is why I am considering MB 108 in the first place.

Yeah glad to hear it's good on groomers. So you find them hold fairly well even on icy groomers too?

Thanks. I mentioned black crows atris because I always thought I like more directional skis considering I like to do big turns on steep terrain in general.

So I am kind of trying to find a middle ground between a traditional charger and a playful ski
    Then take a good look at the Corvus!

I had maybe 20 days on mine last year. Durability is good, no issues. Mounted on the line. Unless it was a big snow day I tended to pull the MB 108s off the wall. Great versatility whether skiing groomers, hunting stashes or day after snow chunder busting. Although I am in CO, so not real ice like midwest or east coast, I found them to be as good as good be expected from a 108 ski on hard snow.

Thanks.

Yeah glad to hear it's good on groomers. So you find them hold fairly well even on icy groomers too?
    I would say they are just okay on icy groomers but really outstanding on soft groomers. If I was going to ski icy groomers, I would choose a different ski from my quiver.

The reviews that suggest they prefer softer conditions are spot on. They float in powder better than most of 108-width skis yet are still very capable when you transition back to on piste. If you want a ski like this that is better on firm snow but still capable off trail, try something like an Enforcer 110.

Thank you guys. I ski mostly in Kicking horse and Lake Louise so not the ice coast was just trying to gather all the info. I actually demo'd the enforcer 110 last year no complaint but also I don't find anything exceptional. Also @waxoff I am also looking at the Corvus probably will choose between those three.

I stick by my description of the MB108TI reminded me of the Rustler 11 blended with the Enforcer 100. It is floaty in pow, fairly forgiving, carves well on groomers,and is quite versatile. It is not a full on charger. Certainly not a Cochise, Katana, or Monster 108, and nowhere near as demanding as any of those either.

As far as durability goes I'd say the 108s are pretty damn solid... I have over 50 days on mine and have beat the shit out of them pretty good anything from literally running tip first into a boulder at JH to several 30 -40 ft drops to pretty flat landings in spring conditions. There is what may be the start of a delam on one ski but it's holding fine and didn't notice until the tuning guy pointed it out.Its definitely not moving and I plan on skiing it hard and trying to break it. Bought another back up pair bringing my total to 3 108s. For reference I'm 6'4 235-250 lbs and make questionable decisions while skiing.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

How do the MB 108's compare to say a Wildcat 108? I know they are sort of different beasts, but I wonder how much crud crushing ability I give up.

Bought the MB 108 and mounted on the line. Will report back once I get some days on them.

I've still left the demo binders on my pair so that I can play with the mount point. I can get up to +3 and plan on testing different mounts. Just praying for snow now.

I always mount the line

Quote Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
    I've still left the demo binders on my pair so that I can play with the mount point. I can get up to +3 and plan on testing different mounts. Just praying for snow now.
    Picking up a pair of the 108s, anyone get a chance to explore the mount point? I usually mount on the line, but considering mounting forward on the 108s for a little additional pivotability.

Mine are mounted on the line. I found the 187s a bit sluggish on the line, the 179s are quite nimble on the line. Consequently I went for the 179s. If you have the 187s a little forward may help. Demo a pair with rental bindings and try different spots

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCSkier View Post
    Picking up a pair of the 108s, anyone get a chance to explore the mount point? I usually mount on the line, but considering mounting forward on the 108s for a little additional pivotability.
    What length did you get? How much do you weigh? Those two factors matter quite a bit. The skis have a softer tip and very loose tail. In the appropriate length, they are quite manageable.

I’m 195-lbs and on the 186...they are really easy to manage, even in tighter spaces...but I tend to like stiffer skis in their longer/longest sizes. The 193 might have been the better bet for me, but I wanted a more nimble ski.

Again, you could easily go forward of the line. I don’t think it would ruin the ski, but in the proper length, I think they are great on the line.

I agree my 186 skis great on the line.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Mine are mounted on the line. I found the 187s a bit sluggish on the line, the 179s are quite nimble on the line. Consequently I went for the 179s. If you have the 187s a little forward may help. Demo a pair with rental bindings and try different spots
    A shorter ski is quicker than a longer ski? No whey!

Me gusta mucho los 99s

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    What length did you get? How much do you weigh? Those two factors matter quite a bit. The skis have a softer tip and very loose tail. In the appropriate length, they are quite manageable.

170 ish, but short, so went with 179. Sounds like the line is the way to go from all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Me gusta mucho los 99s

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Care to expand? I have a pair of 184 99’s that I have yet to mount up. Kicking around handing them to my 16-yo to see if they are the upgrade to his Enforcer 100’s he is looking for. Since we both ski in the Cascades, your experience is very applicable.

Can anyone else compare the Mindbender 116c to other skis they’ve had and liked or not liked?

I’m looking for a new PNW resort powder ski to replace my very well loved 2013 186 Atomic Automatics that I think I bought from Bandit Man like 6 years ago.(Thanks!) I have and love the 2020 QST 106 so I tried 185 2020 QST 118 but did not get along with the forward mount. (I’m super finicky about mount and binding delta and all that crap - just could not feel balanced on the ski.) A friend recommended the MB 116 and Head 117 as more rear mounted pow skis. I briefly tried the Heads two seasons ago and thought they felt a little too stiff and chargey for me so the MB seems interesting.

One thing I wonder about is that they don’t look very rockered in photos. I’ve gotten pretty used to the fairly generous rocker/camber combo in the automatics for slithering around tight spots. How loose and comfortable feeling in trees and tight terrain is the MB 116? Everyone says it’s light and easy to ski but it’s hard to translate that into how they feel in anything steep/tight/awkward.

The MB 116 replaced the Pinnacle 118 (which I have and love, I think mine are 2017, the black ones). The Pinnacle 118 had more rocker though, according to the Blister review. The turn radius is almost identical. So if you're looking for something with a bit more rocker, maybe try to find an old pair of Pinnacle 118s? I sure would snatch up a pair of the old black ones if I could find them NIP. If you are set on new model skis I can't help you because I haven't skied the MB 116. I should try to demo some this year to see how they compare to the P118.

I’ve been looking at the 108t since it came out. Remembered that I had some 192 Zealots (blue) I could mount up alpine. Can anyone compare the two?

Dimensions are almost the same. Only difference is 2mm at the waist. Wood cores with titanal layers both “fork” shaped. Some tip rocker, a little in the tail. I can’t give the Zealots away...thoughts? Ski them right? Try to find demo Benders? The K2 shop here doesn’t mount longer lengths for demos because they don’t think people should be one longer skis. I usually ask them why the manufacturers make them then.