Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I had the same question.
    What length are you looking for?

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Just got the skis and checked the bindings and I can get to almost +3 from recommended mount. Has anybody tried the MB108s this far forward? Hopefully I get some turns in this year and I'll try to put some thoughts together. Like Blister said in their review, I didn't feel any need to move them forward previously, but since I can I will.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    What length are you looking for?

Missed this. 186 or 193

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Missed this. 186 or 193
    Local rep has pair of demos for sale.
    186 next year's top sheets a little more than what the other guy paid on ebay.
    Pm for details if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
    Just got the skis and checked the bindings and I can get to almost +3 from recommended mount. Has anybody tried the MB108s this far forward? Hopefully I get some turns in this year and I'll try to put some thoughts together. Like Blister said in their review, I didn't feel any need to move them forward previously, but since I can I will.
    Would love to hear what you think of the MB 108 at +3 and +2.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Local rep has pair of demos for sale.
    186 next year's top sheets a little more than what the other guy paid on ebay.
    Pm for details if interested.

I might be interested in this if it's still available. Will PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Would love to hear what you think of the MB 108 at +3 and +2.
    Talk to SVS, he likes his skis that far forward. I’m an on the line guy, and didn’t mind them MB 108 on the line, saw no reason to change from there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So what would you think of these for a resort only, pow ski, sized up? (173 big guy looking at size 185)

Over here in Europe we just don't seem to get mega big pow days often enough any more. More like knee to maybe thigh deep in the best days. In the storm we're playing in the (toight like tiger) trees, a day of fun then the rest of the time we're charging crud or touring to find any remaining stashes - I have other skis for that.

Would be replacing a set of Faction Eleven5s (kinda the precursor to Dictator 4s...kinda) and i have some ju ju with them after snapping my ACL on them and never really liking them apart from what a good deal they were.

Can't straight-line or hit big air any more (never could) so looking for something more turny and fun for couloirs and such. These seemed very popular over here for that.

Would mount them with warden 13s

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    So what would you think of these for a resort only, pow ski, sized up? (173 big guy looking at size 185)

Over here in Europe we just don't seem to get mega big pow days often enough any more. More like knee to maybe thigh deep in the best days. In the storm we're playing in the (toight like tiger) trees, a day of fun then the rest of the time we're charging crud or touring to find any remaining stashes - I have other skis for that.

Would be replacing a set of Faction Eleven5s (kinda the precursor to Dictator 4s...kinda) and i have some ju ju with them after snapping my ACL on them and never really liking them apart from what a good deal they were.

Can't straight-line or hit big air any more (never could) so looking for something more turny and fun for couloirs and such. These seemed very popular over here for that.

Would mount them with warden 13s

Which model? The 108Ti is a great resort powder ski. Floats as well as it carved groomers.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Shit yeah, sorry.

The 108Ti

"so looking for something more turny and fun for couloirs and such. These seemed very popular over here for that.

Would mount them with warden 13s"

I skied both the 186 and 179 before buying the 179. For me I found the 185 to be a bit slow (6' , 160lbs). The 179 is quicker, floats well and is stable at speed. To me the trade off of the gained quickness for a slight loss of high speed stability was worth it.

Good to know! If I find some summer deals....

(Mind you, got to have aforementioned ACL put back together first)

starting to bend my mindClick image for larger version. 

Name:	k2.jpg 
Views:	2855 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	326257,a ski for all occasions

Quote Originally Posted by 2ski2fish4ever View Post
    starting to bend my mind,a ski for all occasions
    Third from left, Pinnacle 118, is currently my favorite ski for just about all conditions except super hardpack. How would you compare it to the Mindbender 116?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Third from left, Pinnacle 118, is currently my favorite ski for just about all conditions except super hardpack. How would you compare it to the Mindbender 116?
    Oooh pick me.... The 118 is a helluva ski, id say its damp stable and floats better than anything with its deep rocker lines. I felt the same way about it you described all last season. I often called it a locamotive in that you kind of have to commit to each turn and it would power through it.
    There are 2 main differences between the two 1st id say much like the 108 ti the tail is a lot easier to release than the 118 making it more slash/slarve friendly and slightly more maneuverable in tight spaces and lends it self to a more playful style.
    The other key difference is in untracked pow the 116 becomes like a tool of the gods. I dont know why (carbon and shape?) but it has ability to walk on water so to speak in deep snow. That is totally different than just stay on top of it which the 118 does a better job of but with much less finesse. The 116 just feels light on your feet and super intuitive in deep snow.
    All that comes with a trade off in versatility.
    The 116 skis groomers great and hard snow well but is not as stable in cut up snow and chop as the 118 something i think the 118 really excels in.

The verdict... For powering through crud and shitty variable snow like a linebacker named rudy the 118 wins.
    For skiing pow with precision like Lamar Jackson and for a ski that has more energy and fun playful style the 116 wins.

18-19 i was on the 118s no matter the conditions
    19-20 i skied the 118s early season and on a couple other days.
    The 116 took over as my pow ski and days it wasnt deep i still preferred it as it didnt beat my legs up as much. The 116 is a lot easier to ski although it took a while to feel that way.
    I would recommend the 108ti to compliment your 118
    But really you need all 3. Ok im done

i can't speak from my own expierience as my 116's are still in the wrapper,as my Tahoe trip was canceled.My 118's are the first edition after the Morrisons,pre Annex.Skiing really tight trees here on the east coast i can turn them on a dime the deeper the better.i am about 6'2 220lbs and 65 years old.My son who is 6'3 and about 160, competes in many of the FWQ's,didn't like the 118's,,thought they were slugest and needed more muscle to turn.He skied the MB 116's in a 193 and really liked them.i will say that the
    MB 99 is my weapon of choice in just about anything that mother nature can dish out.

ps,the only way to know how a ski skis is to ski yourself,we all ski differantly and we are all differant in our physical makeup

THanks for the comments SVS and 2ski. I have the same model of P118s as you 2ski, from a few years ago. I find them really quick and easy to turn in tight spaces, but also great for arcing big turns...whatever you want to do. The Darksides were great powder skis but they deflected in chop, and the 118s really seemed to fix that issue and still be great power skis. I haven't skied the newer version though.

Anyway, I would like to try the MB 108ti. I actually bought a pair this spring for a good deal, but after a couple days I decided I didn't want to spend the money right now and I I returned them. I'll try to demo some next season.

Skied the k2 116c in a 193cm in whistler and revy in december before I hurt my knee. The rustler 11 in a 192cm is the ski that usually fills that spot.

Skied at eagle pass for 3 days and RMR during storm cycles early dec.

Loved it in soft snow, better than my rustler also more jiby. Found myself doing handrags and such way more on this ski. Felt very balanced and light.

Then skied it at whistler during our low snow late dec. To be completely honest as a bigger guy I completely overpowered this ski ripping roundhouse jump laps and general hot dogging.

Really missed the metal in my R11, that is all. Was back on the blizzards in March once my knee healed and fell back in love with my R11s.

When you can’t touch the bottom, or the bottom is soft, I’ve never been on a better ski then the 116C. My Praxis Protests were my bottomless ski, they got replaced by the 116C. It’s truly just easy to ski. I broke/my pair delaminated, and still bought another pair. They are that easy.

I will say I didn’t love them when I could feel the bottom, especially if there was anything hard (ie ice chunks) that I preferred my Shiros. What makes the 116C light and so easy to ski in untouched pow, doesn’t lend to stability in mixed conditions. As the season went on, I did find my self grabbing the Kastle BMX 115 (and Shiro) for crud.

If you are looking for a ski that works for pow and powder touring, the MB116C should be on the list of skis to check out. Same if you spend your powder days looking fit untouched soft snow. If you spend your Pow days skiing as fast as possible inbounds crushing the crud, the 116c is the wrong tool for the job (Bodacious or something similar is much better).

I have been/was touring this spring a bunch on my 116C mounted with Kingpins, and they are great. They don’t feel heavy on your feet. I recommend them to anyone looking for a pow ski or pow touring ski. One of my pairs will be on my short list of travel pow skis

Anyone ski the 90ti? Cheap on fleabay and sort of thinking about them as an ec frontside ski

Thinking about 116c for a touring ski. Anybody doing this?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Anyone ski the 90ti? Cheap on fleabay and sort of thinking about them as an ec frontside ski
    They were my low tide ski this past season in the PNW. If you are looking for a frontside carver look elsewhere. They are a narrower all-mountain ski that carve really well if you drive the tips. If you expect to finish the turn with a locked in tail, they will wash out. So you have to let up a bit. On the other hand one of the things I love about the ski is how easily the tails can break free into a drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Yup with cast

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I got a pair with Kingpins and a pair with CAST. They tour very nicely.