Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 146
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Had another day on the 186-cm 108 this past Friday at Whistler. 12Ē of fresh but somewhat wind affected snow. So, soft and deep but variable in a few spots. Since I was with two of my intermediate skier kids, I wanted to be on something that would be fun on groomers but would allow me to play off trail.

    I was really impressed with how they handled the deep snow. Float was no problem. They plane well and even with the weird variable spots, they were confidence inspiring. They are totally automatic skis. I love the loose tail and that they still rail groomers. Only drawback is that they arenít as stable as beefier skis when the groomers get beat up. The 12Ē on top of groomers turned to irregular bumps and you need to slow down. Otherwise, super versatile, cheater skis.
    First day out on 108s at Mt Hood Meadows this past Saturday. Knee deep fluffy powder over crust. Just like Bandit Man said, confidence inspiring and versatile. Really likes a forward stance but no worries about tips diving. Bottom out on crust? Holds an edge to get through it. Blasts through soft chop. Will it be the same in more typical Cascade conditions? Hopefully get a chance to try if the resorts open up again this season.

    If youíre looking for a full on charger, look elsewhere. Super energetic and poppy, nope. But it has the right combination of stability and energy that makes for a lot of fun.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,240
    Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    First day out on 108s at Mt Hood Meadows this past Saturday. Knee deep fluffy powder over crust. Just like Bandit Man said, confidence inspiring and versatile. Really likes a forward stance but no worries about tips diving. Bottom out on crust? Holds an edge to get through it. Blasts through soft chop. Will it be the same in more typical Cascade conditions? Hopefully get a chance to try if the resorts open up again this season.

    If youíre looking for a full on charger, look elsewhere. Super energetic and poppy, nope. But it has the right combination of stability and energy that makes for a lot of fun.
    I like that summary. Spent another day on Saturday in similar dust on crust and wind loaded pow conditions. Super capable in those soft variable conditions. Floated in the stashes that I found and still great on the groomers. ďFunĒ is a great word for these.

    I was also really surprised how many people knew what these were and wanted to hear about them on the lift and in the lift line. While not a full-on charger, these suit 80% of the snow days I get in the WA Cascades.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Iím skiing the 99ti - taking it out more of the time than I thought I would.

    Iíll sum up my other day on them as follows:

    1. Hiked baldy at Snowbird. Skied little chute to dog leg. Firm snow in little chute, softer in dog leg. untracked 4Ē under dog leg. It skied extremely well throughout.

    2. Skied a couple of groomer laps at Alta before skiing westward ho, which was also untracked 4Ē.

    3. Skied a wind buffed silver fox fairly fast.

    4 . Took 4 laps on regulator. Thought I was skiing 65ish mph, ended up carving a turn at the bottom at 81mph - felt like they were glued to the snow. Tons of rebound. They WANT you to drive them hard and theyíll reward you for it, but wonít punish you if you donít.

    5 finished my day with a run down jaws, hit the air into it and took a few less turns down the CHOPPY face than I normally do on a much fatter ski.



    It is NOT my ski of choice when I know all Iíll be doing is crud busting all day. I prefer something a little looser and a little fatter, and a little more rockered. Not that this ski wonít blast through crud, but it will take more effort.

    It is NOT my ski of choice when I know all Iíll be doing is powder/soft chop. Ski floats fine, but not as well as a fat ski (duh)

    It IS my ski of choice when Iíll ski a variety of conditions from crud to chutes to pow to groomers all day


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did nobody catch this?? 81mph off Regulator? On 184's?!? 123Ski, I'm not doubting you, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Did you catch that with a watch? I have no idea how fast I've been on skis, so maybe I just don't know. Yet, fairly sure I haven't been over 80. You were a racer?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Did nobody catch this?? 81mph off Regulator? On 184's?!? 123Ski, I'm not doubting you, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Did you catch that with a watch? I have no idea how fast I've been on skis, so maybe I just don't know. Yet, fairly sure I haven't been over 80. You were a racer?
    Yeah. Absolute bullshit. Iím doubting.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Did nobody catch this?? 81mph off Regulator? On 184's?!? 123Ski, I'm not doubting you, just trying to wrap my mind around this. Did you catch that with a watch? I have no idea how fast I've been on skis, so maybe I just don't know. Yet, fairly sure I haven't been over 80. You were a racer?
    I often run a GPS when I ski. I donít try to set top speeds. I do have a competitive skiing background.

    Last season my top speed was consistently around 77mph.

    Conditions for 81 were perfect. I wasnít trying to hit a new speed record, but consistently hit 4 runs in a row the following: 78.5, 79.1, 79.8, and 81.3. Top speed was the right turn below the steepest part. If I didnít have the consistent data Iíd doubt it as well.

    Yes, the GPS has been calibrated. I even used a second GPS device a week later and it showed 78.7 and 78.9.

    Most GPS units are within 0.79 miles per hour accuracy.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I often run a GPS when I ski. I donít try to set top speeds. I do have a competitive skiing background.

    Last season my top speed was consistently around 77mph.

    Conditions for 81 were perfect. I wasnít trying to hit a new speed record, but consistently hit 4 runs in a row the following: 78.5, 79.1, 79.8, and 81.3. Top speed was the right turn below the steepest part. If I didnít have the consistent data Iíd doubt it as well.

    Yes, the GPS has been calibrated. I even used a second GPS device a week later and it showed 78.7 and 78.9.

    Most GPS units are within 0.79 miles per hour accuracy.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    80 mph is reaching into elite downhill course speed. Iíve pointed my skis (regular all mountain) straight until I pooped my pants and clocked about 70.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,251
    Wow. Tipped hat and clap on the back. Kinda want binding setting, tune, wax, cant adjustments, anything else? That's crazy.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    80 mph is reaching into elite downhill course speed. Iíve pointed my skis (regular all mountain) straight until I pooped my pants and clocked about 70.
    Top speed in menís downhill is 96.6 mph


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Yeah. Absolute bullshit. Iím doubting.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,894
    Just got the 99ti in 191cm mounted! I'll report back after skiing them, um, well who knows when that'll be.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,251
    123SKI, don't get butthurt over this. There are very few people on this planet that can claim the number you threw out. If you ski that fast, that's cool. But nobody else can, so don't be miffed when people question it.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    123SKI, don't get butthurt over this. There are very few people on this planet that can claim the number you threw out. If you ski that fast, that's cool. But nobody else can, so don't be miffed when people question it.
    Iím not butt hurt - just wanted to let everyone know where I got the data. Could still be inaccurate.

    The main point is / the ski is fast


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    123SKI, don't get butthurt over this. There are very few people on this planet that can claim the number you threw out. If you ski that fast, that's cool. But nobody else can, so don't be miffed when people question it.
    Maybe Iíll change my username to 81.3SKI?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SFCA
    Posts
    1,251
    No, I think the point is you ski fast, motherfucker.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Top speed in menís downhill is 96.6 mph


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I said reaching into. Like what they actually ski at.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I said reaching into. Like what they actually ski at.
    Yeah. So my top speed is the speed at which they ski all the time. Makes sense to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Yeah. So my top speed is the speed at which they ski all the time. Makes sense to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. But on DH planks on prepared ice courses. Not 184 all mountain skis.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Yeah. But on DH planks on prepared ice courses. Not 184 all mountain skis.
    Sounds like your panties are in a wad. I told you where the data came from. Told you it might not be 100% accurate. What is accurate is that you ski slower than me, get over it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Sounds like your panties are in a wad. I told you where the data came from. Told you it might not be 100% accurate. What is accurate is that you ski slower than me, get over it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dream your dream big man, dream your dream.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Dream your dream big man, dream your dream.
    Case in point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18
    Fuck me, that's fast on some 18X all mountain skis. Tip of the hat. 40mph faster than when going 40mph...

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Just got the 99ti in 191cm mounted! I'll report back after skiing them, um, well who knows when that'll be.
    Cool dude hope you like em

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    F'n Midwest again
    Posts
    2,229
    Speed trap day at the bird proved that straight line speeds can be as fast or faster than DH racers

    Dj racers are still turning even though making large ass turns


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,894
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Cool dude hope you like em

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    I mostly got them because you liked a variation of them. 123ski, we have the same skis, let’s meet up at the bird and prove these guys right or wrong. I like to go fast too but was never a racer.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I mostly got them because you liked a variation of them. 123ski, we have the same skis, letís meet up at the bird and prove these guys right or wrong. I like to go fast too but was never a racer.
    123ski vs muted race would be something to see.
    If you dont care for them ill take them off your hands... Sucks to have new skis and no way to take them for a spin.

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •