Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Broke out my MB108’s (186) for the first time in a while today. I forgot how solid this ski is for how easy it is to ski. I don’t understand why people think this is a challenging ski unless they are really lightweight or are on the wrong size. The 186 feels perfect to me and makes me want to try the 193 on a bigger mountain than Stevens.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Agreed

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

It’s not that they are hard to ski. It’s that there is something off when running a carve. May be a tune. I’ll be checking.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    It’s not that they are hard to ski. It’s that there is something off when running a carve. May be a tune. I’ll be checking.
    Check for base high . Mine were that way out of the plastic

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Check for base high . Mine were that way out of the plastic

Seemed pretty flat with my true bar. Like actually really good for a mass produced ski.

Much better at +1, still not to my liking though. +1.5 was too much tail. I’ll be selling them. Anyone want a pair of 184’s with less than 10 runs on em?

Much better at +1, still not to my liking though. +1.5 was too much tail. I’ll be selling them. Anyone want a pair of 184’s with less than 10 runs on em?
    Took me more than a day for it to click with the 99s but when it did I was happy I didn't give up on the ski. They aren't the most intuitive , intact I found myself reminding myself not to try and over power the ski. When I try and steer it from the knee down the tail kind of fights you but if I steer it more from my hips earlier but with less muscle it does what I want. This is just my strategy and seems counterintuitive for a ski like this but it works and I can't think of a ski I'd rather be on in most conditions.
    Think of it like a boat... they are difficult to maneuver until you get them on a plane .

K2 Mindbender Skis

Took me more than a day for it to click with the 99s but when it did I was happy I didn't give up on the ski. They aren't the most intuitive , intact I found myself reminding myself not to try and over power the ski. When I try and steer it from the knee down the tail kind of fights you but if I steer it more from my hips earlier but with less muscle it does what I want. This is just my strategy and seems counterintuitive for a ski like this but it works and I can't think of a ski I'd rather be on in most conditions.
    Think of it like a boat... they are difficult to maneuver until you get them on a plane .

Took my friends Mantra 102’s out to confirm I hadn’t just forgotten how to ski. They carved beautifully, powerful, fun in the bumps.

Jumped back on the K2’s same feelings, ski just hangs in the fall like for me during a carve and doesn’t come around with any energy. Hard to describe but feels like it has a 25m+ turn radius.

Something about this ski is not for me. I don’t need to learn to ski again haha!

But thanks for the encouragement!

Is the plane on a treadmill?

A little mindbender stoke from Wednesday as I think I am moving these on to a new owner tomorrow. I enjoyed my time on the 108ti, but was on the 186 and it always skied a bit short for me. Gonna stock with my ON3P wrens and black crows corvus. Maybe check out the new katana if I get a chance

<https://vimeo.com/505966892>

edit: I can't figure out the video embed for vimeo. appears to work on desktop but not mobile app. Maybe I need a youtubes account

Last edited by klauss; 01-29-2021 at 06:34 PM.

After skiing my 186 108s today I think I'm going to let them go too. Good skis but they don't really have a home with my current quiver. I wish the 108 came with the 116C construction and the 116 came in the 108 metal construction.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    After skiing my 186 108s today I think I'm going to let them go too. Good skis but they don't really have a home with my current quiver. I wish the 108 came with the 116C construction and the 116 came in the 108 metal construction.
    I agree with this, that 116 has a good shape and would be really fun in the metal construction.

Always love your POV stuff klauss!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Always love your POV stuff klauss!
    He has better POV footy on his onlyfans channel (or so I'm told).

I've been telling people to size up on these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    He has better POV footy on his onlyfans channel (or so I'm told).
    That’s how I fund my massive quiver and bogner collection.

I could see really liking the 193. The effective edge just feels really short on the 186

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    A little mindbender stoke from Wednesday as I think I am moving these on to a new owner tomorrow. I enjoyed my time on the 108ti, but was on the 186 and it always skied a bit short for me. Gonna stock with my ON3P wrens and black crows corvus. Maybe check out the new katana if I get a chance

So much fun with the kid
    Love this!

186 vs 193

hey hey,

The Mindbender 108ti ski really fits the bill for the ski I'm looking for, damp, stable and chargy with enough playfulness for me. I'm 197cm tall and 80kg, and an aggressive skier. Mostly directional skier.
    Typically I ski club fields in New Zealand, so ungroomed snow which varies from hard chop to pow. Planning on mounting Kingpins or Shifts for very short tours around the clubfields...

I originally thought I'd get the 186cm as I'm not very heavy and I doubted there'd be much trade off of stability for playfulness and maneuverability. But now im really starting to think maybe i should just get the biggest size given the snow I ski, my height, and I like going fast...
    any input on which size I should get would be really appreciated...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B80AC0C-88DC-4BCB-B70D-FA2A4BEDF895.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	879.6 KB 
ID:	372247
    Some MB quiver stoke
    Those 106ti USA made are fresh and fun. I somehow got No. 02/50

Name:	74CF8F67-56F3-4DE3-8B39-394851634109.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	826.4 KB 
ID:	372248
    Harvest the ride.

Took my friends Mantra 102’s out to confirm I hadn’t just forgotten how to ski. They carved beautifully, powerful, fun in the bumps.

Jumped back on the K2’s same feelings, ski just hangs in the fall like for me during a carve and doesn’t come around with any energy. Hard to describe but feels like it has a 25m+ turn radius.

Something about this ski is not for me. I don’t need to learn to ski again haha!

But thanks for the encouragement!
    I have the 192s. I’m sure there are better skis out there that are easier to turn but I like mine fine. As SVS says with a little adjustment you can carve or slarve. I need some more time on them to really know what they are about though. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I have the 192s. I’m sure there are better skis out there that are easier to turn but I like mine fine. As SVS says with a little adjustment you can carve or slarve. I need some more time on them to really know what they are about though. So far so good.
    Locked out of your account?

K2 Mindbender Skis

Well look what Corbett’s sent to my house....K2 Mindbender 108Ti LTD

Anyone own the K2 Merlin from 1998? Same graphic. Likely going a bit forward on these. With black STH 16s.

Interested to see how they compare to my Nordica Enforcer Free 104s. I’m hoping these are kinda like what would happen if an M102/Katana and an Enforcer had a baby.

Name:	IMG_0471.JPG 
Views:	422 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	373796

Name:	IMG_0474.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	373797

Name:	IMG_0472.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	373798

Name:	IMG_0473.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	373799

Name:	IMG_0475.JPG 
Views:	340 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	373800
    Last edited by kc_7777; 05-07-2021 at 04:31 PM.

KC you must have a tunnel between Corbett’s and your front porch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

K2 Mindbender Skis

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    KC you must have a tunnel between Corbett’s and your front porch
    Ya pretty much. Their prices are so damn low ($449 CDN for new 2021 Mindbender “limited” skis?) and it’s always free shipping and only 5% GST tax to BC.

My wife just shakes her head as the FedEx truck pulls up.

I figure I’m doing my part to keep the Canadian retail economy going. Haven’t collected a penny in Covid support, but still have more $ in the bank and a ton of new skis.

Pretty lucky to have had a bunch of extra online work due to Covid (I’m a prof at a university and have an online CPA firm) and I did a ton of extra consulting work for online CPA teaching texts. And I saved $500/month in gas due working from home (I live 60km from the university) as no driving for a year.

Plus I’m lucky to have no mortgage....this is key. Debt is a quality of life killer.

Up to 9 pair in the quiver.....but I consider it more like inventory....and each pair I have bought is at pretty low prices....so I figure I would “lose” maybe $100-$150 per pair if I sold them after skiing them for 5-10 days?

Here’s my justification...

Say you buy 10 pairs of good skis from Corbett’s (eg I’ve recently bought 2021 Reckoners 112s @$449CDN, 2020 M102s@$525, 2021 Mindbenders@$449, 2021 Ripsticks @ $449 etc) which all have pretty decent resale. And say I ski each pair for 7 days in a season and lose $150 per pair on resale?

My cost is $449CDN x 1.05 = $475CDN.

If sell them on here as pretty darn new....$250US x 1.3 = $325CDN

$475 - $325 = $150CDN loss.

Loss = 10 pair x $150 = $1,500 total loss

10 pair x 7 days = 70 ski days.

$1,500 / 70 = $21 / day

It’s a hobby. Like golf. Or drinking.

Just way cheaper at $21/day.

Thats some good accounting above! Feel free to pass on to your spouse.

Dude, you don’t have to justify to me or anyone around here. Color me impressed!

I had a weird year with the quiver. Sold a bunch, bought some things I never used and sold them. Ended up with big holes in the assortment. I have some work to do.

I did grab a pair of mFree 108’s when I was done skiing so there’s a step towards building back better!

Same here on the covid cash, we used to go out to eat 3x/wk. Take that away and it felt like getting a raise.

I have a bike addiction to feed also so that fights against ski acquisitions. I’m about $6k into a new bike that I started sourcing parts for last fall.

Hope to make some turns with you down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Dude, you don’t have to justify to me or anyone around here. Color me impressed!

I had a weird year with the quiver. Sold a bunch, bought some things I never used and sold them. Ended up with big holes in the assortment. I have some work to do.

I did grab a pair of mFree 108’s when I was done skiing so there’s a step towards building back better!

Same here on the covid cash, we used to go out to eat 3x/wk. Take that away and it felt like getting a raise.

I have a bike addiction to feed also so that fights against ski acquisitions. I’m about $6k into a new bike that I started sourcing parts for last fall.

Hope to make some turns with you down the road!

Thanks!

I was more explaining my spending theory....and that too many non-tgr people “judge” those of us who buy/sell gear....my point is, if you buy gear, knowing you’re going to lose money, then it is a hobby. And hobbies cost money. Stick to a budget, and you’re good.

What is funny to me is a guy could golf 20x a year at $75 per round and spend $1,500 and no one says a thing. But you buy/sell 10 pairs of skis and lose $1,500 then you are a gear whore with a spending problem. Same amount spent. Same enjoyment.

Which is why we all love tgr.

People here get it.

I have a nice $6k mtn bike too...and I like golf....though my 2nd hand clubs only cost $100.

Priorities.

KC
    Last edited by kc_7777; 05-07-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Your math checks out!

Plus it’s the only way to really try the skis we’re interested in.