Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Hey guys, doing a group buy through a shop in Tahoe for the 19-20 Dynastar F-Team Pro Rider 192cm. It's the old LP 105, right out of the race room. Very limited, will ship in the fall. PM me and check out the Dynastar thread if your interested. Good review of it here:
    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-pro-rider-192
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Hey guys, doing a group buy through a shop in Tahoe for the 19-20 Dynastar F-Team Pro Rider 192cm. It's the old LP 105, right out of the race room. Very limited, will ship in the fall. PM me and check out the Dynastar thread if your interested. Good review of it here:
    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-pro-rider-192
    Spent a week and a half on that ski
    Definitely a charger
    Wants to be charged and ridden hard

On the line was ok but initially felt too forward in pow. Learned to trust it. Surprised blister liked it at plus 1 cm.

There was only one thing I did not like was the camber and tail stiffness would kick me when trying to relax on a chunder runout. Oddly it was only the heels bucking. Behind me.
    If your charging you don’t notice but if you’re trying to Cadillac ride it feels like the rear shocks are broken.

Great ski. Not as easy as XXL but fun.

Back on the blue Cochise now.
    . . .

Has anyone skied the 204cm Faction CT 3.0?

Not all metal, but how does the latest 189 wren compare to the cochise? I have the cochise 192 and it's good just wish it had more float for its size. Can't travel with another powder ski. My 193 enforcer 93s seem to float as well or better and charge harder, especially mounted back 15-20mm. Cochise just did better in deep chopped up crud.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    What k2? When was the last time they built a charger?
    I spent the weekend playing around on some K2s. On the Mindbender 99ti 191, K2 may be turning over a new leaf. I can confirm it's solid and burly. I'm 6'2" 205. Can't comment on the wider widths as I only got on the 99ti, the 90ti in 184, and the 90c which was a completely different ski than the ti versions.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by xone View Post
    Not all metal, but how does the latest 189 wren compare to the cochise? I have the cochise 192 and it's good just wish it had more float for its size. Can't travel with another powder ski. My 193 enforcer 93s seem to float as well or better and charge harder, especially mounted back 15-20mm. Cochise just did better in deep chopped up crud.
    I can only speak to the 185 Cochise compared to the 184 Wren 108 (which is actually longer). The Wren 108 is a dramatically better powder ski than the Cochise. It's not even close. I've had the 108's in 2-3 feet of powder and been perfectly happy.

To add to what TahoeJ says above, Wrens should also be available with metal as of 2020, though they will still primarily be geared toward powder/loose snow skiing - not groomers. Wren108s with metal should be very, very interesting imo

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I spent the weekend playing around on some K2s. On the Mindbender 99ti 191, K2 may be turning over a new leaf. I can confirm it's solid and burly. I'm 6'2" 205. Can't comment on the wider widths as I only got on the 99ti, the 90ti in 184, and the 90c which was a completely different ski than the ti versions.
    The 108ti is a full on charger. I’ve only skied the 18x and it was not fucking around. I’d love to try the 19x skis in both the 99 and 108 but they were not available at the demo last week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0150.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	274011

If you wanna get somewhere in a fast straight line - can confirm Down SD105 202cms will get you there, with i think a 44mR.
    They're fun and fast. Can turn surprisingly tight but you have to absolutely commit to every turn or get wrecked.

I like similar skis - though my all time favorite ski is still 195 line motherships. Happy to see the 108tis having good reviews. I wish they'd make a 195+.

Diggin this thread.

The 192 cochise is awesome, I like it way better than the older full rocker version.

The new 108ti mindbender charges hard. The 186 had guts and I really want to get on the 193.

Next year seems to be a good year for big skis.