Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Anybody been on the K2 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I picked up a pair of Coreupt Adrien Coirier pro models locally the other day and dang are these awesome. Very much like an OG legend pro. I think they’re 100 underfoot but loads of camber and stiff. They’re just about perfect.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I picked up a pair of Coreupt Adrien Coirier pro models locally the other day and dang are these awesome. Very much like an OG legend pro. I think they’re 100 underfoot but loads of camber and stiff. They’re just about perfect.
    Yeah, Coreupt were rebadged Dynastars for a few of their models. I always keep my eye out for them on ebay.

Mine are the 183s, so they're not long enough for this thread, but the old Rossi Axiom DP110s meet the rest of the criteria and ski as such. Can frequently be found with Solly 997s on them. Low buck smashers that can show a lot of modern skis a thing or two about gettin' 'er done.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    D-Sender has always been a big-boy ski. I'm sure it would meet this list's criteria!

Early reviews of the K2 sound promising!

Legend Pro looks to be coming back again!

I’ll probably be buying one of those, the Corvus or on3p depending on price and availability...

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

What k2? When was the last time they built a charger?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

My buddy had a knock off of a favorite old GS ski (but 20mm wider all around) made by the local small ski manufacturer

So I thot cool but why 206cm ?

The ski maker said when he bought the steel I-beam to make the press they came in 40 foot lengths which was then hacked into 4 equal lengths 2 on top and 2 on the bottom to make the ski press

206cm was the longest ski he could fit in the press
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    ..My DD used to be a 194 Devastator but the 188 Corvus is better in just about every way....
    Tell me more.
    have you tried the 193?

I got in one run on the Mantra 102 at the recent NW demo. Not nearly enough time to form any sort of valid opinion obviously, especially given that the conditions were deeper than optimal for that ski, but I can say there were a couple of things that I did come away with. First, in a 191cm, it floats way better than I would have thought. At 5'11" and 220 I have a tendency to drive tips to the point I go over the bars (like on my 3rd turn with the Bent Chelter 100). Tried to bury the tips and the always came back up. +1 for versatility I wasn't expecting. 2nd, they tracked well through the soft chop just like you would expect. Easy turn initiation, smooth arcs in the size you choose. They don't pull real hard from the tip. Didn't get a chance to really open them up but overall they seem like a nice solid daily driver. Didn't get the impression that they were destroyers ready to kill anything in their path, just nice, solid skis. Will get on them again next month and report in more detail.

Too bad Liberty quit the Variant 113, was a sweet ski. Like Leavskier said, take Enforcer off the list (though I do have high hopes for the new 104 in a 101) BUT, think about adding the Fischer Ranger 107ti. The 188 was out when had time but the 99 seemed like a really nice ski. The Fischer Rangers as a line are something to keep an eye on. The new rangers seemed to have similar heft to the Volkl's but the swing weight seems lower. These new Rangers are significantly heavier than the outgoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Tell me more.
    have you tried the 193?
    I haven’t because I’m running Shifts on the Corvus and figured the 188 was long enough for that. I bet the 193 is great though - of course it’s not a twin so maybe not as playful as the Dev but it’s lighter, floats better and doesn’t lose much off the top end but is way more maneuverable

Don't the Candide 3.0 and 4.0 have metal, come in 190+ and have fairly long radius?
    Way too noodly and jibe for me, but kind of fits your desires
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I haven’t because I’m running Shifts on the Corvus and figured the 188 was long enough for that. I bet the 193 is great though - of course it’s not a twin so maybe not as playful as the Dev but it’s lighter, floats better and doesn’t lose much off the top end but is way more maneuverable
    huh. floats-better is a bit surprising, but cool.
    How are they on shit snow and on groomer carving? got me thinking they might be a good do-it-all resort ski with CAST.

though my Devastators won't die, and plan A was to just add something 95-100ish with camber. I have nothing with camber right now though so I'm very curious how Corvus fits that need. I kinda miss ripping groomers occasionally and getting some rebound. I wouldn't mind a bit lighter too. I'm all for heavy skis, but between my devastators, zipfit liners, and boots/bindings I'm at almost 6+kg per foot, which is just getting ridiculous.

Watching this thread...

I never really found the Dev to float all that well. I was on a pair from their second year of production though so maybe they changed as they tweaked the build?

Sounds to me like the OP should hop on Cochise or Invictus.

I ski the 2017 BMX 105HP in 189cm as my daily ski in anything up to 6-12 inches. Narrowest ski in my quiver.

To be honest, I do think there a better skis in this category though, especially if you don't care at all about groomer / hard snow performance. I just got a crazy deal on them and was curious. The BMX has a bit of a disproportionate flex IMO: too stiff in the tail, too soft in the tips. As a result, you really need to stay on top of them to avoid over-pressuring the tips or getting back too far on the tails, which are stiff and snappier than the Cochise (my previous ski) IMO. That said, I can't name another 105 is a ski that can rippp groomers, float crazy well (for its width) in new snow, and still charge variable pretty damn hard.

Superior variable snow chargers that I've been on: Cochise, Invictus 108, old Katana, new Confession

105,metal,high radius? Down SD105. 187 or 202.

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Definitely over your ~108 width, but the Line Supernatural 115 deserves a spot on this list/in this thread. Good luck finding a set of 192s, but if you do, you're in for a treat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have to say that the 192 Cochise is the best ski I've ridden for a place like Mammoth. Every time i try to find some 190cm+, 106-110mm ski that's more inspiring non pow days, it just doesn't hang with the 192 Cochise and my appreciation grows all the more.

I'm enjoying the new 193 Corvus, but they have been back in my ski box by noon at times this season for damper skis that handle real variable and crud exponentially better, like butter (Cochise and 187 Masterblaster).

Maybe I'm getting old, and I'm not giving up on the Corvus, but if it's not coming in at 2350/2400g+ per ski with metal in it, just can't hang for me without all the more work when skiing hard in variable, bell to bell, at least for this size width.

I'd love to ski a Pro Rider and see what the deal is.

I'm 41, 6'2", 175-180lbs. Mammoth weekend warrior for years. One test for me is usually how terrible the runout at the bottom of chair 5 usually feels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Like pretty much everyone else, I really like the Cochise - though I never got to ski on the OG version. It seems to do pretty much everything well

That said, I took out my old RC112s yesterday, and they make the Cochise feel like a snow blade. I guess I'm getting old, but they scared the shit out of me

I never really found the Dev to float all that well. I was on a pair from their second year of production though so maybe they changed as they tweaked the build?

I think it floats pretty well for being such a claymore. Best chop/ crud ski I’ve ever used, although the Dynastar PR-OTO seemed really good for that too on the one run I took it out for. I also think Devs rip soft groomers. Great ski, want it in a 190 length. I don’t think I’ll find the speed limit on the 194. The 184 is a completely different ski IMO, kudos to Blister for stating such.

I cannot confirm or deny that I just ordered the ‘20 Dynastar

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Like pretty much everyone else, I really like the Cochise - though I never got to ski on the OG version. It seems to do pretty much everything well

That said, I took out my old RC112s yesterday, and they make the Cochise feel like a snow blade. I guess I'm getting old, but they scared the shit out of me
    Is there anyone who skied the OG 193 and current 192 version and prefers the current?

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yes. I was on the OGs a few years back, skied them for 2 seasons. Just got a pair of the recent ones, they are the black shop special top sheet but I think these are the same as the blue ones. I'm preferring the little bit of camber on the newer ones. I thought that would make them harder to throw sideways but it doesn't seem that way. At times I'd feel like the tail was fighting me on the OGs, don't get that on the new ones. The new ones also feel like they have way more energy going from turn to turn (from the camber maybe?) where the old ones felt a little dead. In short the new ones seem easier to ski but without giving up stability. Take this with a grain of salt though because I'm going on memory for the OGs.
    Last edited by dfinn; 03-08-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I cannot confirm or deny that I just ordered the ‘20 Dynastar

I love my 16-17 ones so much I ordered the '20 ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I'm 41, 6'2", 175-180lbs. Mammoth weekend warrior for years. One test for me is usually how terrible the runout at the bottom of chair 5 usually feels.
    Damn that's actually a really great proving ground for this type of ski... cause that area is straight garbage on anything noodley if there aint fresh snow.