Single sub-forum banning?

I’m not pushing for this yet, but is it possible to ban a person from posting in just one, or maybe two, of the forums?

Probably a question for someone higher up the food chain than me, but I don't believe it currently is possible. I think it would be an outstanding feature to have, though I have no sense of how difficult it might be to implement.

In the meantime, if someone is continually abusing their privileges in a particular forum (especially TT/SZ, the most high-quality-content and serious of the forums), I encourage users to report their posts...

EpicSki had that in boot fitters and instructor forums. Read only for people without the credentials would be ideal, because, how else can we learn from others? Non approved could post a question and approved or mods would review and decide if it belongs there for savvy folks to address and discuss or send it to another sub forum if not.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Someone get called a cunt in PA again?

Has it happened? Or has pa taken a hiatus? It no worky

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Has it happened? Or has pa taken a hiatus? It no worky
    this feature has not been implemented. polyass works fine for me (but fuck you for making me open it up and read a polyass thread to make sure )

My apologies. Hurry and find a distraction before the darkside sucks you in

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi Meadow Skipper! Without vigilant moderation in an on-line community, discussions sometimes get out of control and action must be taken to preserve the overall integrity of the community. I applaud your suggestion that the moderators need to "step up" and "take action". The childish, rude and churlish posts in these threads simply have no place in an internet forum, they do nothing but drag the maturity level of the discourse into the abyss. I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Back to form! Just want to capture this in case/before it gets deleted.

Hi Meadow Skipper! Without vigilant moderation in an on-line community, discussions sometimes get out of control and action must be taken to preserve the overall integrity of the community. I applaud your suggestion that the moderators need to "step up" and "take action". The childish, rude and churlish posts in these threads simply have no place in an internet forum, they do nothing but drag the maturity level of the discourse into the abyss. I would also like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    It’s crazy how Greg deletes and repeats. This seems to be word for word the same as the post I quoted and he deleted earlier. I could understand if he edited, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Anyway, strong work Greg,
    As always, an early fan of your nuttiness

Greg has a point.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskerbiscuit View Post
    Greg has a point.....
    That you belong on alpine zone? I agree.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That you belong on alpine zone? I agree.

Lulz....You forgot to ask the jong for pics of his sister's titties.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Anyone who post in an asshat forum gets what they deserve. Especially if they are of such a magnitude of asshat that they can't stop themselves from participating in it.

It's a cesspool, and the people there belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Anyone who post in an asshat forum gets what they deserve. Especially if they are of such a magnitude of asshat that they can't stop themselves from participating in it.

When I started this thread I was thinking more of clueless asshats posting in the Slide Zone and/or Tech Talk and derailing threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    When I started this thread I was thinking more of clueless asshats posting in the Slide Zone and/or Tech Talk and derailing threads.
    I am confident users in those forums are smart enough to be able to nip those in the bud on their own.

Can we just ban stuckie?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I am confident users in those forums are smart enough to be able to nip those in the bud on their own.
    Didn’t seem like it at the time, but it seems the perp saw this thread and backed off. That’s my take on it anyway.

TBH, this was a year ago, and I can’t really remember what was pissing me off.
    Last edited by Meadow Skipper; 02-06-2020 at 11:21 AM. Reason: F’n spell check

And yet you lurk.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I avoid poly except for a quarterly visit and avoid the mtbr clone bike threads dominated by a few know it alls.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ban them, ban them all!

What were we talking about?
    watch out for snakes