Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ski Bluewood!

^^^Buzz Fiorini Ski School!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

When did they put in Skyline chair?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    When did they put in Skyline chair?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's a nice little mountain with lots of great family fun IMO. Is it Solitude in Big Cottonwood Canyon? No but it's fun just the same.

Last year they had some days when the parking lot got full. It sure would be nice if they'd run a ski bus from DT W2 or Tri-Cities to cut down on traffic. I know I'd like to just sit back and relax letting someone else do they driving kinda like the old days when I was a kid learning to ski at Snoqualmie through Seattle Public Schools. Parents would drive us to the school parking lot, load us on the bus and be there to pick us up at the end of the day.
    When I was in high school (mid 80’s) there actually was a ski bus. If I recall, it ran on one mid week day and Saturdays. Skipped a lot of school my senior year to ride that bus.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's a nice little mountain with lots of great family fun IMO. Is it Solitude in Big Cottonwood Canyon? No but it's fun just the same.

Last year they had some days when the parking lot got full. It sure would be nice if they'd run a ski bus from DT W2 or Tri-Cities to cut down on traffic. I know I'd like to just sit back and relax letting someone else do they driving kinda like the old days when I was a kid learning to ski at Snoqualmie through Seattle Public Schools. Parents would drive us to the school parking lot, load us on the bus and be there to pick us up at the end of the day.
    Yeah, well Soli ain't as good as it once was!

Agree with the bus as long as it doesn't do 25 mph the whole way up the hill from Dayton.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

From Ski Bluewood:

The Dawn of a New Era:

THREE-PHASE EXPANSION & DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Ever since the Skyline Express lifted skiers to the summit for the first time in 1979, Bluewood has been all about having good times and making fun memories on the mountain. We want to thank you, our Guests, for making these last 40-plus years so memorable. Some of you have been skiing at Bluewood as long as we’ve been open!

Today, the Bluewood ownership group is as fully committed as ever to providing the same familiar fun on the slopes that you’ve come to know and love, while taking the ski area to the next level.

We’re thrilled to announce a three-phase, $4.5 million expansion and development plan that is currently underway here at Bluewood, and that will continue for the next three years. Chances are you’ve already experienced many of the items in Phase 1, including the yurts at the base and summit, two Easy Rider conveyor/surface lifts, the optimized grooming provided by two Prinoth snowcats, and The Hub, which now houses the Rentals and SnowSports departments.

This summer, the final stages of Phase 1 will commence with:

*** The planned installation of a snowmaking system, which will bring additional snow to the base area and extend the ski season.
    *** An overflow parking area, pending an agreement with the landowners.

Also, this summer, the U.S. Forest Service will be starting a forest health program in the Blue Mountains, and sections of Bluewood are included in the program. The U.S. Forest Service will assess the types and health of trees, thin out dense sections, and remove diseased trees. This will provide more skiable trees and glades.

Phases 2 and 3 of the expansion plan include a Skyline Express lift upgrade with an autoloader, a new power generation system, and a lift to Vintner’s Ridge as the final step in Phase 3.

“This is the most exciting set of upgrades at Bluewood since we opened more than 40 years ago,” says Kim Clark, General Manager. “We’re thankful to the Bluewood ownership group for being fully committed to the expansion plan, which will bring greater enjoyment to skiers and riders for years to come.”

For more info and updates, go to https://bluewood.com/expansion

Vinter Ridge lift, if it ever happens, looks cool. Would be first expansion of lift served terrain in WA since White Pass in 2010. Looks like there would still be some hike to sidecountry available depending on the placement of the lift. Plan to thin dead trees and snow making would help out a lot too. Is Bluewood the new Mission Ridge?

Very cool. I remember 20 years back when it was on the market for a million clams. I actually thought it would have been a pretty cool way to raise a family. Glad they're doing so well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Great stuff!

Saw this on my feed, good on ya. Jealous!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluewood.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	396544

In January, midweek bus service to Bluewood and back is available for people living in the Tri-Cities area. Reservations are required. Dates: Jan. 5, Jan 12, Jan. 19 & Jan. 26.

https://bluewood.com/bus?fbclid=IwAR...5EKtVE9pmk42Zw