Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ski Bluewood!

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You mean Sporthaus?
    Yeah what you said

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ogbm View Post
    KQ i was wondering on who you trust in town here to mount skis? I feel like dustys probably doesn't have a dynafit jig haha, maybe REI in tri cities is the move. Was thinking about going for a little tour this weekend to see how things are shaping up too!
    Hal White from Pete's Ski Shop on Main Street (now closed) operates out of his garage.

Snows been coming down. New storm on it's way ......

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Woot!

From Ski Bluewood:

Announcing OPENING DAY at Bluewood, this Friday, Dec. 20! Come up and ski/ride fresh pow & get in those first turns of the season. Open from 8a-4p, with first chair at 9a. We will be open every day (except 12/25) through Sunday, Jan. 5, then switch to regular operating hours of Wed.-Sun. Bring on the season--let's go! ❄️⛷❄️��❄️
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Toyota ski free day--> Jan 17

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In the sights 1st week in March.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^ Who would be up for a two-stop Tour of Tiny Blue Mtn Resorts in first week of March?

General plan - hit Bluewood and Anthony Lakes on their first day open after Sunday closure
    - Meet up Tuesday night in Walla^2. We could hopefully lure KQ off the farm and into town!
    - Wednesday ski Bluewood, then drive to LaGrande (or to Anthony Lakes if you have an RV)
    - Thursday ski Anthony Lakes

Day pass at BW is $45. It's $20 at AL - Half Price Thursday!

$20? Goddamn crooks, it was $17 last time

inflation is back.

We might hit Da 'Wood tomorrow and Saturday, dirtbaggin' it in the lot with the camper. We get 2 free days at Bluewood with our High 12 season pass, but won't need to blow one of them tomorrow cuz Toyota drivers get a free lift ticket. Any mags gonna be there?

I had blue wood this morning.
    Sorry, carry on.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Our Bluewood experience Friday/Saturday exceeded expectations. Lovely area and cool terrain, half of which is tree skiing, some steep, some mellow, some in between. Looooooong (12 minute) lift ride on main chair. Friendly staff and patrons. Free RV parking with sign-in at guest services. Toyota drivers got free lift ticket Friday.

Bluewood is a gem. Will do again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Our Bluewood experience Friday/Saturday exceeded expectations. Lovely area and cool terrain, half of which is tree skiing, some steep, some mellow, some in between. Looooooong (12 minute) lift ride on main chair. Friendly staff and patrons. Free RV parking with sign-in at guest services. Toyota drivers got free lift ticket Friday.

It is a painfully slow chair. Were the trees filled in adequately?

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Were the trees filled in adequately?
    Yes, pretty much everywhere, but we were nonetheless careful re buried hazards. Green Giant and Alderon had better snow than Stump Farm, which had set up.

Just missed you, Steve. We were there with the grandson Monday . . . like you said, everyone was super friendly, yurt on top was cool, lot only 2/3 full even on a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Just missed you, Steve. We were there with the grandson Monday . . . like you said, everyone was super friendly, yurt on top was cool, lot only 2/3 full even on a holiday.
    They've been filling up and having to turn people away on the weekends. If they weren't full on Monday I'm guessing people are heeding their call for carpooling.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Sounds fun. How old is your grandson? Yurt on top is very cool.

They've been filling up and having to turn people away on the weekends. If they weren't full on Monday I'm guessing people are heeding their call for carpooling.
    Yeah, we were informed that they turn people back when parking lot fills. It was half-full on Friday, appeared to fill on Saturday, although lift lines were never more than 5 minutes. 2 huge RVs parked diagonally took up 10+ parking spots. Our camper filled a single car space.

Looking forward to hitting it again someday.

Does anybody have a guess on closing day for Bluewood? I’ll be coming through an early April.

Sounds fun. How old is your grandson?
    He's three. Loved skiing the Magic Carpet(s) and the parking lot. The sled pulled by an actual John Deere tractor up to the lodge was a huge hit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Does anybody have a guess on closing day for Bluewood? I’ll be coming through an early April.
    The Bash is the end of March and their calendar lists them as open until April 5. After that it's TBD.

Jonesy and I will be at Bluewood Wednesday Mar 4. Sing out if you can join us.

What are the terms with the partner resorts?

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    What are the terms with the partner resorts?
    Here's the rest of the post from their FB page:

Great news for Bluewood season passholders: Another ski resort, just east of Idaho in Jackson, WY, has joined our partner exchange program.

A big mountain-sized welcome to Snow King Mountain, which this season becomes the 8th partner resort to bring free/discounted lift tickets to Bluewood passholders. At Snow King Mountain, when you show your Bluewood pass, you can get up to three days of complimentary lift tickets this season. See details at https://bluewood.com/ski-free-partner-resorts

With all partner deals combined, Bluewood passholders get up to $925 worth of free/discounted lift tickets at other resorts, along with unlimited skiing/riding at Bluewood all season. Along with Snow King Mountain, other resorts in the exchange program include:

�� 49 Degrees North (Chewelah, WA)
    �� Anthony Lakes (North Powder, OR)
    �� Lookout Pass (Mullan, ID)
    �� Loup Loup (Okanogan, WA)
    �� Mission Ridge (Wenatchee, WA)
    �� Mt. Washington (Vancouver Island, B.C.)
    �� White Pass (Naches, WA).

If you haven't purchased your Bluewood season pass yet, you can save up to $170 or more per pass if you buy before midnight on Oct. 31 during Bluewood's Fall Season Pass Sale: https://bluewood.com/season-pass Prices go up Nov. 1

This was a nostalgic thread for me. I learned to ski at Bluewood in the winter of ‘86-‘87, and skied there every year until 2002 (grew up in the Tri Cities). I went to college in Utah, and now live in New York, and consequently haven’t skied there since high school. But we’re spending Christmas with my parents (still in Kennewick) and maybe this is the year I return to the home mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by mlybb View Post
    This was a nostalgic thread for me. I learned to ski at Bluewood in the winter of ‘86-‘87, and skied there every year until 2002 (grew up in the Tri Cities). I went to college in Utah, and now live in New York, and consequently haven’t skied there since high school. But we’re spending Christmas with my parents (still in Kennewick) and maybe this is the year I return to the home mountain.
    It's a nice little mountain with lots of great family fun IMO. Is it Solitude in Big Cottonwood Canyon? No but it's fun just the same.

Last year they had some days when the parking lot got full. It sure would be nice if they'd run a ski bus from DT W2 or Tri-Cities to cut down on traffic. I know I'd like to just sit back and relax letting someone else do they driving kinda like the old days when I was a kid learning to ski at Snoqualmie through Seattle Public Schools. Parents would drive us to the school parking lot, load us on the bus and be there to pick us up at the end of the day.